CATIA V4 Reader for Okino License with Maintenance module imports and processes BREP solids-based CAD geometry files stored in the native CATIA V4 native file format. When combined with Okino's CAD data optimization routines (for hierarchy & part count simplification), very complex assemblies can be imported, optimized, simplified, then re- exported to packages such as 3ds Max, Maya, Lightwave, Softimage, Cinema-4D, OpenFlight/Creator, DXF/DWG, U3D (PDF) and many others.
Based on nearly 2 decades of CAD conversion software development, Okino's PolyTrans/NuGraf and their related CAD conversion modules offer the most popular, refined, tested and robust conversions offered in the CAD, DCC, and VisSim industries.
This new release is based on the most recent ACIS modeling engine and the newest Dassault Systèmes CATIA runtime libraries. As such, this importer provides highly dependable performance.
Features and benefits
- Based on the CATIA interoperability components from Spatial Corp. and hence uses the highest quality conversion technology.
- Importing via the CATIA "solids-based" file formats and thus creating "crack free" tessellations.
- Supports CATIA v4 .model and .dlv (mainframe), .exp (export) and .session files.
- Many options to control the import of the CATIA data. Import by body, face, bodies + faces or bodies + shells + faces. This allows rendering materials to be applied at the finest granularity (faces) or the coarsest (bodies).
- Model healing and erroneous surface repairs.
- Selective layer import.
- Includes a state of the art built-in Okino hierarchy/part optimization tool to reduce the complexity of the imported CAD files before re- exporting to other 3D animation packages and downstream file formats.
In order to work properly, your copy of CATIA V4 Reader for Okino - License with Maintenance requires:
NuGraf: Advanced 3D rendering, model viewing and data translation
PolyTrans: A powerful 3D scene, animation and NURBS translation tool