It was Christmas when the December issue of Novedge monthly newsletter began to leave the Novedge mail servers heading to the inboxes of over 70,000 subscribers. In order to keep the flow of the rest of the e-mail traffic, the newsletter is sent gradually over a span of 3 or 4 days. This way we can still receive and send e-mails from our servers. This month the newsletter has another improvement, the start of a new section dedicated to a selected post from this blog. The content of this issue is:
- Featured Product
- It's a short presentation of a recent addition to our catalog: the famous Russian CAD system KOMPAS-3D. This is the most popular CAD system in Russia where it is used every day to design almost everything: from chemical plants to airplanes. We believe it's a good product and absolutely worth the price. Check it out!
- Tutorial of the Month
- This month we promote a free tutorial from Robert McNeel web site created by the Italian jewelry designer Giuseppe Massoni. Giuseppe will guide you through the modeling of a sophisticated ring using the powerful Rhino 3D. Don't show it to your girlfriend or wife.
- Selected Case Study
- The December Case Study tells the story of Eden FX Studios in Hollywood. Eden FX is a great user of Lightwave modeling and animation software. You should read this interesting article to learn how they used the software to create scenes of many famous movies and shows.
- Featured Gallery
- We finally completed the 3ds Max gallery of pictures. It's an incredible collection of beautiful pictures created by the best graphic artists. If you believe artists are only the ones with a brush and a palette in their hands, check out this gallery! You will be amazed.
- Free Download
- SketchUp is becoming extremely popular. After the acquisition by Google in March 2006, this 3D program is now enjoying the level of popularity that it deserves. This month the newsletter offers a Free plug-in to import and reuse your SketchUp 3D models inside VectorWorks. A great and powerful combination, and it's free!
- Book of the Month
- Just few weeks after the recent release of Cinema 4D version 10 a new book is available to help you to squeeze every bit of power out of this great 3D modeling, rendering, and animation software. January 2, 2007 the new book by Arndt von Koenigsmarck will be available from Amazon. Pre-order it. Recommended.
- User Review
- Nenad Stjepanovic knows how to choose a software system. And his review of Lightwave can be really helpful to appreciate the differences between this popular software and similar packages available on the market. Lightwave received 4 out of 5 stars.
- Selected Blog Post
- This month we highlight a popular post that appeared on this blog on December 12: Why the Transition from 2D to 3D is Taking Forever. I'm sure the topic will generate a lot of comments among our readers. I personally invite you to add your own opinion and comments to the post. Don't be shy, we love to hear from you.
- What's New
- This month the new products section is very crowded. December was a frenetic month with so many new products added to the Novedge catalog that we where able to fit only a small subset in this section of the newsletter. Take a look and see if there is anything that can be helpful for you.
Look in your e-mail inbox for the December Newsletter and if you have any feedback or suggestions on how to improve it, feel free to share it with us by leaving a comment to this post.