- Support for 64-bit operating systems
- Improved 3D solid and surface modeling
- Faster view generations
- Enhanced printing
- Better import and export
- Strengthened add-ons
- Support for 64-bit Operating Systems
KOMPAS-3D V15 now supports 64-bit hardware and operating systems. This means that KOMPAS-3D V15 now accesses as much RAM as is in the computers of users. The larger memory means that they can load and work with larger and more complicated assemblies.
- Improvements to 3D Solid and Surface Modeling
KOMPAS-3D V15 has the new ability to arbitrarily edit the shapes of faces on bodies and surfaces. After users execute the new Spline Form command, the selected face transforms into a spline surface, and KOMPAS-3D V15 switches to a special operation mode automatically.
- Faster View Generation
- If the computers of users employ multi-core processors with 8GB or more RAM, then creating and rebuilding associative views runs faster due to the addition of parallel processing. The Parameters dialog box lets users select the CPU processing method.
- Enhanced Printing
- The Special Print command is useful for printers that support multiple page sizes. For instance, users can now send a multi-page document containing pages of different sizes to a virtual XPS printer. The result is a single XPS file with the size of each page fitting the paper size of the output document.
- Better Import and Export
- To improve handling of translated models, KOMPAS-3D V15 now has an option to import arcs and polylines from STEP files, as well as to export these objects back to STEP files. To more easily translate models, users can now use the same parameters for importing models from STEP as for exporting them to the same format.
Proof of Academic Status
There is a free lite version of Kompas-3D available for students directly from the Ascon website. Students can purchase the full academic version with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
In addition, the student must submit an official confirmation letter about educational activities and the purposes of usage of the software.
Faculty & Staff
Primary school, secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
In addition, the faculty member or staff must submit an official confirmation letter about educational activities and the purposes of usage of the software.
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card. An official confirmation letter about educational activities and the purposes of usage of the software must be submitted also.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ.
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.