As expected our monthly newsletter was sent out late at the end of the month. I'm happy that at least this month, after skipping a few issues, we managed to get the newsletter out! It's always a challenge to find the time to put together the newsletter, as much as it is a pleasure to have the opportunity to contact our customers and let them know of the many new products, documentation, and content we have on our website.
The content of the April 08 issue is:
- Editorial Section
- This month we have a great news. We just made public a new service for our visitors called Novedge Pulse. It's a system that collects and organizes news, tutorials, blog posts, and everything that's happening in the Graphics and Design community, and makes it available to you in a clear and effective way. The best part is the user interaction, where you vote for your favorite items with a thumbs-up and bury those that lack appeal with a thumbs-down.
- Featured Product
- This month we feature the new Moment of Inspiration modeling system. It's easy to to use, fun, powerful, and can read and write the Rhino file directly. MOI also comes with an affordable price. What else could you ask for?
- Tutorial of the Month
- Designing a car body is not an easy task. Designing a beautiful car such as a Nissan 350-Z can be challenging. This month we have a tutorial on how to create a 3D model of the Z3 using Maya.
- Selected Case Study
- There are no limits to the flexibility and power of Rhino. We continually discover new ways people use this powerful design tool to create all sorts of things. This month we introduce you to Luthier Michael Heiden, an artist who crafts mandolins and guitars for customers all around the world. Read the Case Study to find out how he's using Rhino.
- Featured Gallery
- Extremely popular in its native Europe and only now being discovered in US, Artlantis Studio is an easy to use and yet powerful application to rapidly create high quality renderings. To understand the reasons for its popularity we recommend you take a look at this gallery of beautiful images.
- Book of the Month
- VectorWorks is a great product and comes with fantastic video tutorials, but if you are like me, there is nothing better than a good book to learn a new software. Finally people like you and me have access to a great book we can browse, carry with us, earmark, and use to learn VectorWorks. Check out VectorWorks 2008 Fundamentals Training Workbook.
- User Review
- Richard Williams is well known in the SolidWorks community. He is a teacher and enjoys playing with SolidWorks and making 3D models. We had the pleasure to receive a product review from Richard about the SolidWorks 2008 Fundamentals DVD-Rom made by Inspirtech and we are happy to feature his review in this issue of the newsletter.
Look in your e-mail inbox for the April 08 newsletter and if you have any feedback or suggestions on how to improve it, feel free to share it with us by leaving a comment to this post.