eDrawings Pro for PTC Creo With 1-Year Maintenance is the first email enabled collaboration tool designed to ease the sharing and interpretation of 2D and 3D product design data. It is a plug-in for Pro/ENGINEER that allows users to publish Pro/ENGINEER files as read only and ultra compact (up to 95% compression) eDrawings files for visualization, collaboration and design review.
Review enabled eDrawings files allow an unlimited number of recipients to easily query product designs, add markup and provide feedback. With eDrawings, the end recipients don't need to buy any additional software for design review, markup, measurement and dynamic cross sectioning.
Save eDrawings files as self extracting executables and zip files that contain the viewer as well as design data. With eDrawings executables, the end recipient does not need to download or install any additional software. Exporting to various image formats and STL is also available.
eDrawings provides you with greater control over your design information by disabling measurement, disabling STL export and password protection.
Features and benefits
The following innovative features give eDrawings the capabilities that you need to overcome common barriers to effective design communication:
- Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Part/Assembly/Drawing support
- View, publish and share exact read-only representations of Pro/Engineer and Creo parts, assemblies and drawings (*.prt, *.asm, *.dwg) for design review and collaboration.
- Ultra Compact Files
- eDrawings are substantially smaller in size compared to the original CAD files, making them easy to send by email, even over slow connections. With eDrawings, it's finally practical to send design data via email.
- Built-in Viewer
- eDrawings offer a complete, self-contained communication tool since no other viewing software is needed. In addition, eDrawings viewer can view native SolidWorks parts, assemblies and drawings, and also AutoCAD files.
- Open individual views in a drawing and arrange them in any way you desire, regardless of how the views were arranged in the original drawing. eDrawings layouts also automatically align the views intelligently and enable the eDrawings recipient to print and export any subset of a drawing.
- 3D Pointer
- Easily identify and match geometry in multiple views using the 3D Pointer.
- Demonstrate how drawing views relate to each other. With the click of a button eDrawings animates all the views contained in your drawing. Try out this feature yourself and see why everyone is so excited about eDrawings!
- Save as STL, Image formats
- eDrawings can be optionally exported by the eDrawings Viewer as STL files.
- Add markup elements, such as geometric elements, clouds, text, or dimensions to the comment using the markup tools.
- Insert Stamps
- Insert your company logos and images as stamps in the eDrawings file.
- Use the Measure tool to measure exact dimensions in part, assembly, and drawing files. For isometric type drawing views, the projected length is displayed instead of the true length.
- Dynamic Cross-section
- View cross sections of part and assembly files by creating a variety of cross section planes.
- 3D data in Drawings
- Visualize drawings more effectively by exporting 3D shaded data in drawing files.
- Move Components
- The Move Component feature lets you move individual components in an assembly file, or in a drawing file of an assembly. You can also move entire sub-assemblies.
- Mass Properties
- Query Mass, Volume, Density (parts only), and Surface area of the model.
In order to work properly, your copy of eDrawings Pro for PTC Creo — With 1-Year Maintenance requires Pro/ENGINEER WildFire 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 (Creo Elements Pro) Pro/ENGINEER 2001 and/or
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Essentials
PTC Creo Design Essentials (T1): Core functionality to design with confidence.
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Advanced
PTC Creo Design Advanced (T2): Extended 3D Design Capabilities for Your Creo Elements/ Direct Modeling Environment
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Advanced Plus
PTC Creo Design Advanced Plus (T3): Advanced surfacing and additive manufacturing, Mechanism dynamics and behavioral modeling.
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Premium
PTC Creo Design Premium (T4):Extended collaboration and Mathcad, Simulation, flow analysis and fatigue advisor.
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Premium Plus
PTC Creo Design Premium Plus (T5): Advanced simulation and flow Analysis, Options modeler and topology optimization.