- Liquid, Splashes & Foam
- With Phoenix FD 4 for 3ds Max you can create realistic liquid simulations with splashes and foam directly in 3ds Max.
- Smoke, Fire & Explosions
- Create any type of fire and smoke effects with Phoenix FD 4 for 3ds Max's powerful, adaptive-grid dynamics engine.
- Interactive Simulations
- Fine-tune simulations interactively in the viewport with Phoenix FD 4 for 3ds Max's GPU-accelerated preview.
- Simulations Refinement
- Add detail and increase resolution without changing simulation shape or behavior.
- Perfect for generating small wisps of smoke and steam.
- Render particles as bubbles, drops, points, or fog.
- Mash & Particles IO
- Import & export mesh objects and particles to Alembic, Krakatoa, Stoke MX, XMesh and V-Ray proxy files.
- Simulate highly-realistic and complex vorticity effects with full control over large-scale vortex strength and ultra fine details.
- Custom Emissions Sources
- Use a wide range of emission sources including animated meshes, texture maps, particles and more.
- Optimized Rendering
- Render photoreal fluids and volumetric effects using V-Ray's optimized Phoenix FD shader.
- Cascade Simulations
- Create a series of simulations that trigger and interact with each other.
- Simulation Retiming
- Speed up or slow down simulation playback. Perfect for slow motion effects.
- Infinite Ocean
- Seamlessly transition from detailed ocean surface simulations to infinite ocean waves (that never repeat.)
- Ocean and Beach Waves
- Seamlessly transition from procedural ocean to simulated beach waves.
- Influence simulations with forces like wind, spline follow, mesh attraction and more.
- Accurate Viewport Preview
- Preview fire, smoke and liquid simulations quickly and accurately in the viewport.
- Simulation Licenses
- Use Phoenix FD simulation licenses to submit jobs over the network to Deadline and Backburner.
Educational License Features
Phoenix FD 4 for 3ds Max 1-Year Edu (Student) License by Chaos Group.
Phoenix FD for 3ds Max for Students: All-in-One Fluid Dynamics for Artists. Includes one floating user license, one floating render node license.
Proof of Academic Status
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ.
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.