VRscans Plug-in: Physically accurate scanned material.
VRscans Plug-in 1-Month Rental
is combination of a hardware-based scanning system and a software-based rendering plugin that work together to easily create material
properties for creating realistic renderings without the usual workflow of texture maps and tweaking shader settings. This enables a high level
of accuracy for visualizing real-world materials in renders.
The VRscans Plug-in
is specially designed to import and render scanned materials. Since .vrscan files are a proprietary format, the VRscans Plug-in
acts as a bridge into
the latest versions of V-Ray for 3ds Max
and V-Ray for Maya
. Chaos Group
expects to support other applications soon.
Access to the growing library of VRscans materials is now available, and comes with the purchase of VRscans Plug-in
Here are some of VRscans Plug-in
's key features:
- EASY TO USE
- VRscans require no prior material-building knowledge, or use of reference materials.
- SEAMLESSLY TILEABLE
- VRscans materials repeat without joins.
- Fine-tune the appearance of materials directly in Max or Maya.
- BUILT FOR V-RAY
- Render with V-Ray 3.5 or higher, the industry's leading renderer for VFX, product design and architectural visualization.
Now available in Max and Maya, and coming soon for Sketchup and Rhino.
- PHYSICAL MATERIALS
- Render a wide variety of physical materials including plastic, leather, stone, metal, wood, and fabric.
- CAR PAINTS
- Simulate the look of highly-detailed car paint, complete with orange peel and clear coat.
- REFLECTIVE & HOLOGRAPHIC MATERIALS
- Render complex reflective and holographic surfaces.
- TRANSLUCENT MATERIALS
- The industry's first technology capable of scanning & rendering translucent materials.
How does the VRscan process work?
The process begins with a scan of an existing real-world object surface. VRscans Plug-in
uses BTF (bidirectional texture functions) instead of BRDF
approximations (such as Phong, Blinn, Ward, etc) to capture a material's true surface appearance, texture data, and its unique response to light.
All this information is then stored in a unique VRscans Plug-in
material format. This scanned material is then read in to the CG scene using the VRscans Plug-in
ready for rendering through V-Ray
without much (if any) additional tweaking required to match the original scanned material's surface.
- Step 1. Send materials to be scanned
- Clients provide Chaos Group with one or more physical material samples.
- Step 2. Materials are evaluated for scanning
- Chaos Group's lab techs evaluate each material to determine if it's suitable for scanning. If not, the material will be returned at no
- Step 3. Materials are scanned
- Each material is carefully scanned by one of Chaos Group's expert lab techs. Once the scan is complete, the resulting images are transformed
into a seamless, tileable file. And after passing inspection and strict quality control, the material scans are ready for delivery.
- Step 4. Scanned files are delivered
- Files are delivered by private FTP link or physical drive. Additional courier fees may apply.
- Step 5. Material samples are returned
- Chaos Group understands that materials may be proprietary or copyrighted, and all samples are promptly returned to the client.
In order to work properly, your copy of VRscans Plug-in — 1-Month Rental
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought