IronCAD Inovate: 3D CAD Software Designed for Collaboration
is cost-effective 3D CAD software that bridges the gap between today's viewer technology and a full-blown CAD seat. Enabling true upstream and
downstream design collaboration, IronCAD Inovate
allows users across an organization to create, modify, and share design concepts in 3D, ensuring that all
stakeholders are fully involved before taking the next step toward production.
is equally at home working with existing models which can be imported, interrogated, modified and communicated to others either as models,
photo-realistic images or real world animations. IronCAD Inovate
is the most complete way to collaborate in 3D.
Large Assembly Performance
- Improved Performance in Large Assembly Load/Save/Import/Interaction Performance
- Open/Save/Import speed is improved for files that contain large structures that may have large assembly trees containing many nodes
under individual assembly levels. In all areas of open, save, import, and interaction with the scene browser, changes have been implemented that
have significant improvement in speed in all areas while working on large assemblies.
This improvement effectively propels IronCAD past traditional CAD software making us one of the fastest machinery software systems for large
assemblies in terms of performance.
In addition to the structural changes, we have also made new use of multiple cores on machines to improve the loading of files. Overall, users can
see general improvements, as well as varying addition improvements depending on the model, as mentioned above, that can see 30-50% improvements in
these cases on many different operations.
- Shrinkwrap Model Swap Light and Full Models In-Place
- For ShrinkWrap Swap In-Place, improved interactions between the light and full models, making them much more useful and powerful in the
design process. With the ShrinkWrap functionality, users can load a full or ShrinkWrap model (or selectively load). After it is loaded, users can
now swap between the full and shrink versions while the file is open giving them more flexibility to load the desired information in real-time
during the design process.
Improved Usability and User Interface Enhancements
- Support for 4K Monitor Improvements
- In order to better support 4K monitors, IronCAD invested in the development of Vector Icons that are used in our system for areas such
as the Ribbon Bar. This change will help the appearance of the UI when using the DPI scaling commonly found on 4K Monitors.
- Search, Search and more Search
- SNew search controls have been added throughout IronCAD. Search on the IronCAD Frame will locate commands in the Ribbon Bar to locate
and activate commands. Users can also access search tools in the Tools/Options and in the Keyboard/Ribbon Bar customization tool.
- Dockable Catalogs (Tear-off Catalogs)
- Users will now have the ability to tear-off individual catalogs to have multiple catalogs open at once and even move to a different
monitor. For example, users could display the start, sheet metal, and IronCAD Mechanical catalogs all on a second monitor to seamlessly drag and
drop objects/commands from the desired catalog without having to toggle to each catalog.
- Change Units by Click Units on the Status Bar
- A simple improvement to allow the user to click on the status bar units to bring up the controls to change the units has been implemented.
- Replace Part With Links
- Ability to perform a Ctrl Drag from catalog to replace parts that are linked. Previously it would break the link and replace the single object.
Now it will retain the links and replace all the linked objects.
- Symmetrical Handle On/Off Dynamic Control Behavior
- Options have been added to enable or disable the symmetrical toggle handle on IntelliShape handles. When enabled, the option appears on the
sizebox dimension handle and it will remember the handle state based on what was last selected. When disabled, the handle behavior will not remember
the selection state when clicking on/off the IntelliShape and allows user to just use the CTRL-Left-Click to select multiple handles for editing
- Find Gap in Sketches
- A new tool has been added to help locate gaps in sketches. Activating the tool will allow you to specify a tolerance range for the gap and the
tool will locate open areas within the range.
- Options for Search Behavior in Catalogs
- In the catalogs, you can type and search for the desired components within the catalog. Options are available to dynamically search as you type
or to search after "Enter" is pressed.
General Modeling Improvements
- Fill Pattern Feature
- The pattern feature has been enhanced to support a Bilinear and Radial fill pattern. This is a very powerful command that allows desired
patterns to populate on a planar face and update when the geometry is modified.
- Ability to Set Front View Definition on Any Object
- New options to allow the user to define the Front View Definition for objects that may not have a planar face such as a cylinder. Users
can set advance horizontal locations that are based on the anchor or global coordinates.
- Sheet Metal Convert to Sheet metal with Rip Tool
- The convert to sheet metal tool has been enhanced to allow a rip feature definition during the command. This is useful for objects that
do not have a defined bend.
- Sheet Metal Step Unfold/Refold
- New features that appear in the feature tree to allow unfold/refold of specified bends have been added. This is useful for documentation
flow or for editing the area that is unfolded.
- Sheet Metal Corner Break
- A new command has been added to add corner features to sheet metal either a chamfer or blend as an entire part level. This allows for
quick editing of the sheet metal to remove all sharp edges for example on the exterior of the sheet metal (this will not edit form geometry).
- Sheet Metal Bend Type Change at Feature Level
- A new option has been added on the bend IntelliShape right-clicks menu to set the bend alignment type. This was previously accessible at
the part level handles only.
- Support for the Latest Translator Versions
- IronCAD's support for Native Translator formats such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/E, Unigraphics, and Catia have been updated to support
newer formats. The following versions are supported for the 2020 release:
- CATIA V5: V5R8 – V5–6R2019
- Pro/E (CREO): 16 – Creo 6.0
- UG NX: 11 – NX 1847
- Inventor: V11 – V2020
- SolidWorks: 98 – 2020
- SolidEdge: V18 – ST11
- JT Import: 8 – 10.2
- KeyShot 9 Support
- IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2020 fully supports the latest KeyShot 9 release to create amazing visuals fast. The real-time 3D rendering
workflow displays results instantly and reduces the time it takes to create realistic product shots. From scientifically accurate material and
environment presets to advanced material editing and animation, creating interactive product visuals or sales and marketing imagery has never been
- CAD Software for All
- IronCAD Inovate is cost-effective 3D CAD software that bridges the gap between today's viewer technology and a full-blown CAD seat. Enabling true upstream
and downstream design collaboration, INOVATE allows users across an organization to create, modify, and share design concepts in 3D, ensuring that
all stakeholders are fully involved before taking the next step toward production.
- True Collaborative Conceptualization
- Featuring a radical drag-and-drop 3D environment, IronCAD Inovate delivers unmatched ease-of-use to speed up conceptual design and involve more stakeholders
in the process. INOVATE also imports standard file formats — such as ACIS, Parasolid, IGES and STEP — and
exports to those same file types so that stakeholders using other 3D CAD software can fully participate in workflows involving INOVATE. Use INOVATE
TRANSLATOR to even import Native file formats to extend your capabilities.
- Communication Across the Enterprise
- IronCAD Inovate makes 3D models and engineering project data available to marketing, sales, and training teams so they can work together and communicate
more effectively. Use INOVATE 3D CAD software to create 3D concepts and animations and then import those into marketing, sales, and training
materials, extending the use of 3D models and data beyond just the engineering department.