Proof of academic status is required for educational orders. The type of proof required varies depending on the product, so read carefully the information below in to make sure you qualify before ordering.
Do I qualify for the discounted price of Avid Educational Licenses?
Higher Education Students
You must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government recognized public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, or for-profit career/vocational schools that grants degrees and/or certificates, by providing ONE
of the following:
Teachers, Faculty and Staff
- A copy of a student ID card containing the student's name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school's logo or seal, student name, and the current date/academic year
- An official letter form the registrar of the school, including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a student schedule including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- Screen captures from school websites may accepted in lieu of official documentation if your name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible (acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid).
You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following
- A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes employee name and employer (school) name
- An employer's written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment
Anyone purchasing an Institution license of Media Composer | Software on behalf of an Education Institution may be required to provide proof of eligibility. You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one
of the following:
- A valid email address issued by your institution (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Written confirmation on school letterhead naming the school and the individual completing the verification.
Secondary students must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school by providing one
of the following:
Homeschool Teachers or Students
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student's) name, school name, and the current academic year
- A copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms your enrollment status (all documentation must contain the school, district, or local authority name, your name, and a date reflecting the current academic year).
You must show evidence of status as a homeschool teacher by providing one
of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- A current copy of a curriculum receipt
Any official documentation issued by the local/state government that recognizes your family's intent to homeschool
What if I do not have a Student ID card but I have a course schedule (or vice-versa)?
Some products require both a copy of your student ID card and your course schedule, and some only require one or the other. The educational requirements vary by each manufacturer. We will not process orders until we have received the necessary proof, but we will hold your order for you until the proof requirements are met. Please keep in mind that educational orders cancelled after 24 hours are subject to a 10% cancellation fee.
How do I submit my educational proof?
Place your order through our website to get your order number. You will immediately receive an email requesting the educational proof for the software you ordered. You can:
Our Favorite: Reply to our request email including your order number and attaching your proof (PDT, JPG, PNG, or similar).
Or Fax your proof to us at +1 (650) 521-5841.
Or Mail photocopies of your proof to our office:
Attn: Educational Sales Order #________
2288 Fulton Street, Ste 307
Berkeley, CA 94704
Please make sure your order number is referenced on the proof you send to us.
Can I use Avid Educational Licenses for commercial purposes if I am a student or teacher?
Educational software is intended for educational purposes only.
Are there any watermarks, time limits, or limitations in Avid Educational Licenses?
Since it varies by product, please see the product description to find out if it has any limitations, watermarks, or time limits.
When will my Avid Educational Licenses ship?
You order will not be processed until all proof that is required is received. Many products will ship the same day once we've received the proof, or soon after due to manufacturer's differing processing times.
Can I purchase Avid Educational Licenses for my friend or relative?
You may, but the student or teacher must provide the educational proof and reference your order number. Please put the recipient's name in the shipping address to avoid confusion.
How many licenses of Avid Educational Licenses can I purchase?
If you are a student or a teacher you are allowed to purchase only ONE educational license of Avid Educational Licenses.
How do I return Avid Educational Licenses?
Please see our Return Policy. Educational orders cancelled after 24 hours are subject to a 10% cancellation fee.