Vectorworks Architect 2018
Requires a minimum of two seats. Includes Renderworks.
Engineered to meet the specific needs of smart-sized companies, Vectorworks Architect 2018 Network License
has everything you need to streamline the design and production process. From
project setup to programming, schematic design development and construction documents - Vectorworks Architect 2018
lets you work faster and smarter with fewer errors. That's
why top architects around the world rely on Vectorworks Architect 2018
to create and present their designs. At a fraction of the cost of other CAD
programs, Vectorworks Architect 2018
can take your designs to places you never thought they could go.
New in This Version
- Graphical scripting will play a significant role in the workflows of the future. This functionality, when built into an intelligent
information modeling application, presents designers with unlimited opportunities to generate, define, build, and explore form and function
throughout the design process. Integrated directly into Vectorworks Architect 2018, Marionette is the first and only cross-platform graphical scripting tool for the AEC,
entertainment, and landscape design industries. Marionette is a Python-based scripting tool that operates within the
Vectorworks platform; it delivers a robust and scalable way to program well beyond the confines of traditional design software. When you use Marionette, you
can create visual scripts that take advantage of the superior 2D interface and robust 3D modeling capabilities that Vectorworks software offers, ushering in a
new world of discovery that enhances your workflows and integrates seamlessly into your BIM environments.
- Point Cloud Support
- Field surveys and other manual methods used to capture existing spaces can now be replaced by Point Cloud Support. Using your preferred
3D scanning device, you can capture a physical location and import a 3D point cloud into Vectorworks Architect 2018 software using PTS, E57, LAS, and XYZ file formats.
Capture a perfect, full- color representation of any location and manipulate and measure it.
- With the Vectorworks Architect 2018 release, Vectorworks users are empowered to make sustainability a priority throughout the design process with the latest feature:
Energos. Based on the Passivhaus calculation method, the Energos module gives you - and your clients - a dynamic, intelligent gauge of a building's
energy performance. Using convenient, color-coded graphics, you can measure a project's energy efficiency and make critical decisions about
sustainability as your design evolves.
- Horizontal Sections from the Clip Cube
- Explore your design floor by floor, space by space, and section by section with horizontal sections from the clip cube. Use this command
to isolate horizontal segments of your models to create conceptual, diagrammatic views, giving clients a deeper understanding of your design
throughout the development process.
- Roof Components and Styles
- Ensure accuracy in the documentation of your sections and elevations with the new ability to define more realistic roof components that
will interact with your wall components. Roof faces and roof objects now have the same component representation as walls and slabs, further extending
the power of BIM in your designs.
- Door and Window Improvements
- In Vectorworks Architect 2018, improved window and door functions give you more options to create compelling designs. From three- and four-panel sliding
windows, to span wall options for corner windows, to control over door hardware positioning, designers will be able to add more depth (and more data)
to their projects than ever before.
- 3D Modifiers for Slabs
- Geometric flexibility now extends to slabs, allowing you to shape their surfaces to match design and construction requirements.
- Exacting Site Modeling
- Improved Slope Modifiers - Take your site designs to new heights with improved slope modifiers, tool modes, and definitions. Accurately
manage multiple sloping surfaces, choose how you prefer to display your slope labels, and more, to generate the most exacting site designs with less
- Site Model Flow Arrows Enhancements - Proposing changes to a site's terrain represents changes in the flow of rainwater. With
advancements in the graphic settings of the site model, you can use color and other line type changes to quickly recognize the difference in water
flow direction from existing to proposed to better plan how you manage water on a site.
- Improved Site Modifier Capabilities
- Collect Modifiers from Custom Sets of Design Layers - Gain greater site modeling efficiency with enhanced file organization to
collect modifiers from custom sets of design layers, as well as streamlined controls over fine grading.
- Save settings for site model dialog boxes - Save changes to your site model settings for future use, maintaining the consistency of
terrain studies from project to project, without having to memorize the settings for each scenario.
- Project Sharing
- Vectorworks Architect 2018 gives you more resources than ever to streamline and optimize your workflow. With project sharing capabilities, access to reliable
cloud-based storage solutions, improved communication and visualization tools, and the industry-leading development team that is always working to
make your design software experience better, you'll design smarter than ever before.
- Cloud Services in Vectorworks
- Vectorworks Service Select members can now take advantage of our cloud services directly within Vectorworks software. A single click
publishes your Vectorworks files for easy sharing, collaborating, and viewing using our Vectorworks Nomad app or cloud web portal.
- Linked Section/Detail Markers
- Add section-elevation and detail-callout markers linked to your section viewports or detail viewports for easy drawing navigation.
- OBJ and STL File Import
- Vectorworks software is known for its ability to work well with the many file formats that industry professionals use throughout the design and
construction process. With this latest release, we've added two popular 3D file formats to our import capabilities. New OBJ
and STL file import features give designers the ability to import a vast amount of 3D content that is generated by many other 3D
modeling and rapid prototyping applications.
- 3DPDF Export
- Share your designs across platforms and devices using 3D PDF, enhancing PDF-centric workflows with
applications like Bluebeam Revu.
- Database and Worksheet Improvements
- Improved ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) for IFC - Advanced data exchange workflows will more easily take
advantage of ODBC connectivity to IFC and COBie data in building information models.
- BIM Worksheet Functions - Worksheets gain greater BIM functionality, giving users more options to
schedule and edit the various information-rich aspects of their designs.
- New Worksheet Formulas to Run Scripts - With Vectorworks Architect 2018, database worksheet rows allow those familiar with scripting to create custom worksheet
- Direct Editing for Worksheet Cells - Now you can double-click any cell in a worksheet and type what you want.
- DXF/DWG Improvements
- Vectorworks provides quality, multi-version support for AutoCAD files through our DXF/DXF translator. This
year, we've further improved the quality of file translation with:
- Improved DXF/DWG export of classes from design layer viewports - Your design partners will appreciate DXF/DWG files with fewer layers, a
result of automatically consolidating duplicate classes across multiple exported viewports.
- Improved DXF/DWG export of sheet layer viewports - You will enjoy a seamless experience, sending your drawing set to your collaborators
sheet layers now exporting only those classes that are visible in the viewports or are used on the exported sheet layer.
- Mapping of Vectorworks classes/layers to DXF/DWG layers - You can maintain your own Vectorworks class names and provide DXF/DWG files with layer
names based on your collaborators' standards.
- Improved User Experience
- NEW MIGRATION MANAGER - In Vectorworks Architect 2018, upgrading your software is much simpler. The new Migration Manager command imports your workspaces,
preferences, templates, favorites, and library content from previous versions into the latest release.
- MAC OS X PALETTE DOCKING - The new palette docking capability is a wonderful addition to the Mac user's experience with Vectorworks software.
Palettes can now be easily grouped, modified, and docked to the application window.
- IMPROVED CONTENT INSTALLATION MANAGER - Content installation is cleaner, making it easier to identify the libraries you want to install.
Plus, Vectorworks added over 150 new content libraries, giving you more options than ever to create inspirational designs.
- NEW VECTORWORKS INSTALLATION SYSTEM - For existing users, we've streamlined the upgrade process and integrated a native installer for
your operating system to have you designing in Vectorworks Architect 2018 quickly.
- IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAYS ON WINDOWS - Windows users will be able to view their projects with enhanced quality on
- EYEDROPPER AND SELECT SIMILAR TOOL ARCHITECTURAL ATTRIBUTES AND DIMENSIONS - The Eyedropper and Select Similar tools are going to turbo-
boost your productivity with the new ability to work with walls, slabs, and roofs.
- AUTO-SCALING VIEWPORT MARKERS - Markers maintain relative size as the viewport scale is changed, providing consistent marker sizes on
your sheet layers.
- REPLACE DELETED RESOURCES - Streamlined document resource replacement allows you to choose a replacement when deleting an existing
- IMPROVED RESOURCE THUMBNAIL LIST - Easily access your favorite and most used symbols through the symbol insertion toolbar.
- Subdivisions Surfaces
- Transform rigid lines and primitive shapes into smooth, malleable surfaces to create sculpted objects, multi- dimensional scenery, unique
focal pieces, water features, forced perspective, and more with subdivision modeling. This technique, based on Pixar Animation Studios' OpenSubdiv
library, opens new workflow avenues across the AEC, entertainment, landscape, and other design industries. Get ready to create any form imaginable
and design beyond the limits of traditional CAD software.
Features and benefits
- New Dimensional Constraint Manager
- Make life easier with very reliable parametric constraints. You can interactively make edits to your model or your views and have the changes
- Interactive Dimension Editing
- You can directly edit geometry using a dimension's length on the documents drawing area.
- Improved Drawing Coordination
- Users will enjoy automatic management of reference information, linking sheet numbers, drawing numbers on drawing borders, and reference markers.
- New Unified 2D/3D Environment
- Vectorworks has a new "unified view" that makes it an ideal 3D modeling environment. Whether you're working in 2D or 3D it allows you to
accurately draft or model on the correct working plane.
- New Planar Graphics
- 2D objects can occupy the "screen plane" as they do now or use the "planar space" in the unified coordinate system.
- Improved 3D Snapping
- With the 3D cursor, you can reliably acquire your snaps so it's easy to select, modify, and align your objects in 3D.
- New Stair Object
- A new comprehensive stair tool has been added to Vectorworks Architect 2018 that provides you with more flexible configuration options, and improved
performance and reliability.
- Wall Sculpting
- Our new wall sculpting capabilities allow you to create custom shapes and components in walls while maintaining the wall intelligence and
- New Select Similar Tool
- The new "select similar" tool enables you to do in one click what you previously did in many. You can select all similar objects, based on any
combination of 27 criteria, regardless of layer or class, define saved settings, and save, load, or delete your selection settings.
- Improved Wall Networks
- The Dimensional Constraint Manager (DCM) from Siemens PLM is a significant improvement in this version, especially in 2D. This means more
robust and reliable wall networks and connections that work exactly the way you want.
- Improved Texture Mapping Controls
- You'll enjoy this easy-to-use 2D and 3D texture-mapping interface. We've merged intuitive mapping controls into a single dialog interface.
- New Decal Texturing
- Since you can now apply multiple textures onto a single object, it's simple to visualize signage, labeling, and custom decal or material
- HDRI Content
- New HDRI Backgrounds including exterior, interior, and studio backgrounds.
- New Blur Reflectivity Shaders
- You can now add a blur factor to reflectivity shaders such as simple glass, accurate glass, mirror, and metal. With these shaders, renderings of
reflected shadows will be so realistic, you might have to pinch them.
- Revolutionary Drawing Organization Features
- Streamlined Interface
- Integrating Information and Design
- Over 60 FREE Libraries
- Space Planning
- Workgroup Referencing
- Wall Types
- Framing Module
- Grid Bubble Tool
- Create Seating Layout Command
- Notes Management
- Redline Suite
- Issue Manager
- HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing Suites
- Energy Analysis and Solar Animation
- Site Design
- Integrated Design Environment
- Sophisticated 2D Drafting
- Powerful 3D Modeling
- NURBS Modeler
- Polygonal Solid Modeler
- 3D Reshape Capabilities
- Loft Surface Tools
- Shell Solid Tool
- Surface Filleting
- IGES Import/Export
- STL Export
- Easy Integrated Database and Spreadsheet Functions
- Intelligent Object Technology
- Completely Customizable
- Word Processing Features for Easy Text Editing in Drawings
- Quick Learning Curve
- Workgroup Referencing
- High-end Presentation
- Adobe PDF import and export support, including batch export
- Support for Google Earth's KML files (export)
- Fully support SpaceNavigator SE and SpaceNavigator 3DX for Notebooks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions