Vectorworks Designer 2017
Vectorworks Promo For NEW CUSTOMERS!
|25% Off||Purchase Vectorworks Designer 2017 now and receive an additional 25% off our discounted prices|
plus a free one-year subscription to Vectorworks Service Select! Call (866) 362-8970 x704 or send an email to VWpromo@novedge.com
Promo valid for NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY
Requires a minimum of two seats. Includes Renderworks.
This bundle includes Vectorworks Architect
, and Spotlight
in order to provide you with the best tools for the design and presentation of you creative ideas.
Whether your specialty is architecture, landscape, or entertainment design, Vectorworks Designer software enables you to draft, model, and present in a single, intuitive interface. Enhance your workflow and enable great design to materialize from inspiration, exploration, and discovery with Vectorworks Designer 2017
- the ultimate solution for the design professional who needs it all.
New Features -- Simply Your Process
- Resource Manager
- Content and resources like hatches, line types, worksheets, wall styles, and render styles are critically important to developing ideas and even specifying materials. Vectorworks software's Resource Manager puts the ability to create, find, edit, and apply desired resources to your designs at your fingertips. Featuring direct browsing of resources from multiple content locations, the new Resource Manager also includes all the Vectorworks Service Select online subscription libraries. Easily find what you need with powerful search and filtering, attach keyword tags, and access your resources directly from Vectorworks software's parametric tools.
- Responsive 3D Navigation
- No matter the size of your model, your plan views will be more responsive with smoother navigation as you pan and zoom.
- Door and Window Styles
- Simplify your BIM workflows and make sweeping changes throughout your building model with ease. With new Door and Window styles, architects gain flexibility in their design processes, modifying the style, data, and geometry of the doors and windows in their models and producing accurate worksheets in a few quick clicks.
Enhance your workflow
- Irrigation Tools
- Planning for a site's irrigation involves considerations and calculations related to both its physical features and resource availability. Vectorworks Landmark software meets all of these needs with innovative irrigation design tools. Create zones of similar watering needs with the new Hydrozone tool and then use built-in worksheets to analyze for water efficiency, which makes satisfying a site's water budget allowance easier than ever. Whether specifying lateral and main piping, sprinkler heads, drip systems, valves, controllers, or other system components, the automated and manual placement methods are designed to meet industry standards while giving professionals the flexibility to design, document, and estimate proposed and as-built systems efficiently.
- Structural Members
- The new Structural Member tool allows architects to model and explore complex structures that are more integrated into their designs, better control the graphic representation of structural elements, and gain greater automation for efficient time management.
- Plant Tool Update
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 Network License provides even more customization options for site designers who rely on one of Vectorworks Landmark's most used tools: the Plant tool. New placement functionality allows you to arrange plants by approximate spacing as well as count. Hedge placement has also become more intuitive with options for adding multiple rows of hedges. Plant labeling has expanded in flexibility with the new option to label directly within the plant group, making designers' wishes to create planting plans without leader lines come true. For designers who enjoy schematic plant design with general plant 3D massing forms, the plant object now provides the built-in feature to create 3D plant forms relative to type, height, and spread. Whether the 3D forms assist in site shade studies, overall canopy planning, or for exchanging simple 3D forms for BIM collaboration, the plant object is ready to meet the growing needs of site designers.
- Updated Landscape Area Tool
- With savable settings and 3D plant representations, the Landscape Area tool offers a more efficient, customizable workflow when designers seek to replicate styles and settings for landscape areas from one project to another, or from a library into the user's current working file.
- Project Sharing Enhancements
- In Vectorworks Designer 2017, Project Sharing frees designers to work anywhere at any time with cloud integration that allows you to save your files in Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and Box. It also offers more options to customize your multiuser workflows with the option to check out individual objects or layers.
- Data Visualization in Viewports
- The new data visualization feature brings together Vectorworks' unparalleled graphical display and information modeling capabilities with the ability to attach data to Vectorworks objects. Data visualization allows you to control the graphic attributes of smart objects in Vectorworks based upon data and parametric values, giving you the ability to visually differentiate between objects based upon the data/information attached to an object.
- Slab Drainage Tool
- Create sloped slabs and flat roofs featuring tapered components with the intelligence and automation expected of Vectorworks software's superior BIM tools. The slab drainage tool will help inform your design decisions, document all essential data, and allow for easy change management across your design.
- Bimobject Plug-in & Content
- Enrich your building information models with direct access to a growing library of manufacturer-specific content within Vectorworks software, including major global BIM content providers like bimobject.
- Interior Elevations
- Boost your productivity and automatically create multiple Interior Elevation viewports, bound by wall objects, that save time and take advantage of automation to coordinate drawings.
- Simplified Spotlight to Vision Workflow
- Move from design to previz seamlessly by sending your fixture data and geometry from Vectorworks Spotlight to Vision with a simple command.Add dimension to your previsualizations with improved selection and specification for video inputs on the screens inside your model.Store channel information the way you want in Spotlight and send it to the correct location in Vision with flexible settings that translate data between Spotlight and Vision software.
- Unified Symbols for Spotlight and Vision
- Smoothly take your show from design in Vectorworks to previz in Vision with a unified set of symbols that make the design process more intuitive.
- Replace with Stock Symbols
- Finalize your preliminary plans for stage decks, as well as straight and curved trusses, by replacing generic symbols with symbols containing manufacturer-specific data for more accurate shop orders.
- Create Seating Section Command
- Go beyond algorithmic methods of modeling a venue's seating. Choose from several types of standard seating setup methods and then modify them easily on a seat-by-seat basis to create the desired arrangement. Finalize your layout with the creation of aisles and seat and row numbering, as well as create customizable reports.
- Improved Audio Visual Tools
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 presents entertainment designers with more robust audio visual tools, including the ability to specify extensive data about each object, as well as customize the yoke and spread of the speakers in your design.
- New Lighting and Audio Libraries
- With new symbol content from Prolyte, PRG, and Meyer Sound, as well as 140 Vision libraries converted for Spotlight, this update gives lighting professionals hundreds of new possibilities to expand their design options.
- Rope and Stanchion Tool
- Quickly insert crowd control elements into your event designs with this new modeling tool.
- Cable Tools
- Cable and document your show more efficiently with a new Cable tool set created by Sam Jones of AutoPlot. With this suite of tools, designers can plan how cables will run, keep an accurate count of the number and types of cables that will be used, and prepare cabling to make onsite setup easier.
- 3D Label Legends
- Explore your designs in any view without losing the benefits of 2D labels. 3D label legends can also maintain their own text formatting, class, and container.
- Copy Label Position
- The Eyedropper tool now transfers label locations between similar Vectorworks Spotlight objects, saving time and easily making drawings look consistent.
- Dimension Tape Tool
- Easily mark the location when placing your lighting fixtures with the new Dimension Tape tool in Vectorworks Spotlight 2017.
- Improved Number Instruments Command
- Save time with the new, sophisticated methods in our already speedy Number Instruments command.
- Subdivision Enhancements
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 improves upon the subdivision modeling tools introduced in the 2016 software line, offering the ability to transform existing shapes into subdivision objects and continue development with new capabilities added to the Edit Subdivision tool.
- Railing and Fence Tool
- A new railing and fence tool provides flexibility in modeling by allowing for customization of railings and fences using user-defined profiles and parameters.
Coordinate with Your Project Team
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 moves forward to support the latest version of the buildingSMART data exchange standard, IFC4, enabling you to communicate with other IFC4-compatible BIM platforms for the next generation of open BIM workflows.
- Revit Import
- Architects and landscape professionals must be prepared to exchange data with other BIM collaborators. In Vectorworks software, you can now import Revit files directly, allowing you to take advantage of manufacturer-specific objects that are available as Revit families to enhance a Vectorworks library or to collaborate more effectively with other designers and contractors throughout the lifecycle of your project.
- BCF Manager
- As part of our continued support of open BIM workflows, the BCF manager equips project teams to share issues or clashes that have been discovered directly in Vectorworks software. You can now export BCF files that can contain revisions, notes, or new issues.
- DFX/DWG Import and Export Enhancements
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 offers the most up-to-date import and export for handling the attributes of DXF/DWG files. Your exports can retain the appearance of your customized viewports and import textures that are part of a DWG file.
Share Your Vision
- Web View and Virtual Reality
- Easily share your designs with current clients and collaborators using Vectorworks software's immersive webviewing and virtual reality features. Generate a link that allows anyone, anywhere, to view your model in 3D on any device.
- Cloud Services for Everyone
- Vectorworks is committed to communication and collaboration. In Vectorworks Designer 2017, the Cloud Services environment will be openly available to everyone, giving you the ability to easily share files between team members and providing a simple interface for collaborators and clients to tour your models using our mobile app, Vectorworks Nomad.
Inspire Your Clients
- All Vectorworks software packages now include Renderworks, the best-in-industry rendering feature set built on the awardwinning Cinema 4D render engine. Renderworks provides the tools necessary to visualize your work throughout the design process while producing clear and accurate illustrations.
- Camera Match
- With the new Camera Match features in Vectorworks Designer 2017, designers can integrate photos taken on-site with their model, generating realistic adaptations of those images by matching the perspective vanishing lines in the photo with those in the model. From there, you can create custom shadows, mask out other elements, and tailor the photo to your design vision without the need for an external editing application.
- Import Cinema 4D Textures
- Import Cinema 4D's vast archive of textures and materials directly into Vectorworks software, expanding your design options with a larger library and improving the realism of geometry as well as building elements.
- 2D Drop Shadows
- Add simulated depth to your 2D presentations with Vectorworks Designer 2017's ability to add drop shadows to chosen elements of your project — all without leaving your Vectorworks workspace.
- Pen Opacity
- Fine-tune your line quality with a new pen opacity attribute to adjust the 2D objects in your design.
- Image Alpha Transparency Control
- Preserve the alpha channel present in many imported images without the use of an external photo editor.
- Improved Cinema 4D Export
- Create stunning renderings with less work and improved support for file exchange between Vectorworks and Cinema 4D that allows designers to organize exported models more efficiently.
- The Best in BIM
- With Vectorworks Designer 2017, you can create BIM without changing your preferred design process. Whether you're looking to
streamline costs, analyze materials, increase your energy efficiency, or just create world-class designs, the Vectorworks Designer 2017 solution is an efficient way to
introduce BIM capabilities into your workflow. Enjoy the robust and flexible capabilities of BIM with the ease of design, great documentation, and
intelligent tools that the software is known for - right from the start.
- Industry Leading 3D
- See your captured visions come to life in 3D. An advanced suite of Parasolid-based solids and NURBS surface tools lets you create any shape and easily explore geometry. Plus, with graphical scripting tools, subdivivision surface modeling, point cloud support, you can create any shape and easily explore geometry. Our intuitive interface lets you design from any 3D view using modes in modeling tools that automatically infer working planes as you move your cursor, and enjoy the superior quality that allows you to manipulate your model with ease. More accurate object information and better snapping make drawing in 3D easy. Anything you can imagine is possible to express in Vectorworks Designer.
- Seamless Interoperability
- Vectorworks recognizes that the process of realizing a design often requires multiple sources of inspiration and refinement, as well as iteration, communication, and collaboration. Import or export a wide array of image files. Publish your design for inclusion in your firm's marketing materials or website. Get on the cutting edge of collaborative digital practices, exchanging 2D, 3D, Building and Site Information Modeling (BIM/SIM) data and models for numerous multidisciplinary, multi-platform design workflows, as well as sending models to CAD/CAM machines, CNC routers, and 3D printers.
- Flexible Workflows & Project Sharing
- Enable multiple designers to work concurrently on the same Vectorworks Designer 2017 file with our Project Sharing feature. Whether you're a sole practitioner collaborating with other professionals or a large firm dividing work among different members of the team, Project Sharing provides a flexible way to manage productive workflows for even the most complicated project. Plus, the software lets you create, model, present, and develop your designs easily and precisely with just one application. With Vectorworks Designer, you can move easily from design concept to technical documentation.
- Superior 2D Documentation
- Produce high-quality documentation with ease. Vectorworks Designer offers precision drafting tools, intelligent objects for building, detailing, MEP, furniture, millwork, machine parts, and annotations, plus thousands of free symbols from leading building product companies. Batch print drawing sets or export them as multipage PDFs at full or reduced sized. Plus, use our exclusive sketch rendering technology to change hard-lined drawings into soft, hand-sketched illustrations, blurring the line between clear, accurate technical documentation and compelling presentations.
- Superior SIM Tools
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 provides an efficient way to introduce Site Information Modeling (SIM) capabilities into your workflow. The program's tools will help you analyze your design for area, volume, slope, cut/fill, and other data such as water flow and sun/shade. Scan in planting plans and trace over them with ease. Or, simply enter your field measurements. Use the property line tool to define a site's boundaries and setbacks. Plus, building tools and site objects easily document existing structures and site conditions. In addition, you can use the program's drawing, modeling, and 2D and 3D graphics capabilities to create compelling presentations.
- Unmatched Experiences
- Vectorworks Designer 2017 software gives designers in the entertainment industry an edge to advance their ideas from concept through completion. Our users include entertainment design professionals, such as lighting and scenic designers, including theatre, film, television, exhibits and events, as well as students starting out in their careers in these disciplines. The extensive libraries of signature brand lighting are complemented by best-in-class documentation tools, so you can quickly create light plots, automate paperwork, and visualize your design in rendered 3D views.
- Inspirational Rendering
- Define and communicate your signature look through our partnership with the award-winning Cinema 4D render engine, which provides rendering capabilities that are faster and easier than standalone rendering applications. When added to Vectorworks Designer software, Renderworks integrates fully into the software interface, so it lets you seamlessly visualize your work throughout the design process while producing clear and accurate renderings. With the click of a button, rendered viewports in your documentation will update as your design evolves.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions