Vectorworks Fundamentals 2017
For VSS Members only. New contract requires 2-month minimum rental. For longer terms, please call us.Vectorworks Fundamentals 2017 2-Month Lease for VSS Members - New contract only
basic CAD software package, offering superior 2D and 3D capabilities and an intuitive, easy-to-use modeling and documentation platform. The
solution works the way designers think, enabling them the freedom of artistic expression through the development and documentation of each project.
There's so much to explore.
New in This Version
- OBJ and STL File Import
- Vectorworks software is known for its ability to work well with the many file formats that industry professionals use throughout the design and
construction process. With this latest release, we've added two popular 3D file formats to our import capabilities. New OBJ
and STL file import features give designers the ability to import a vast amount of 3D content that is generated by many other 3D
modeling and rapid prototyping applications.
- 3D-PDF Export
- Share your designs across platforms and devices using 3D PDFs, enhancing PDF-centric workflows with
applications like Bluebeam Revu.
- Database and Worksheet Improvements
- New Worksheet Formulas to Run Scripts - With Vectorworks Fundamentals 2017, database worksheet rows allow those familiar with scripting to create custom worksheet
- Direct Editing for Worksheet Cells - Now you can double-click any cell in a worksheet and type what you want.
- DXF/DWG Improvements
- Vectorworks provides quality, multi-version support for AutoCAD files through our DXF/DWG translator. This year,
we've further improved the quality of file translation with:
- Improved DXF/DWG export of sheet layer viewports - You will enjoy a seamless experience, sending your drawing set to your collaborators
with sheet layers now exporting only those classes that are visible in the viewports or are used on the exported sheet layer.
- Mapping of Vectorworks classes/layers to DXF/DWG layers - You can maintain your own Vectorworks class names and provide DXF/DWG files with layer
names based on your collaborators' standards.
- Improved User Experience
- NEW MIGRATION MANAGER - In Vectorworks Fundamentals 2017, upgrading your software is much simpler. The new Migration Manager command imports your workspaces,
preferences, templates, favorites, and library content from previous versions into the latest release.
- MAC OS X PALETTE DOCKING - The new palette docking capability is a wonderful addition to the Mac user's experience with Vectorworks software.
Palettes can now be easily grouped, modified, and docked to the application window.
- IMPROVED CONTENT INSTALLATION MANAGER - Content installation is cleaner, making it easier to identify the libraries you want to install.
Plus, Vectorworks added over 150 new content libraries, giving you more options than ever to create inspirational designs.
- NEW VECTORWORKS INSTALLATION SYSTEM - For existing users, we've streamlined the upgrade process and integrated a native installer for your
operating system to have you designing in Vectorworks 2016 quickly.
- IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAYS ON WINDOWS - Windows users will be able to view their projects with enhanced quality on
- EYEDROPPER AND SELECT SIMILAR TOOL ARCHITECTURAL ATTRIBUTES AND DIMENSIONS - The Eyedropper and Select Similar tools are going to turbo-
boost your productivity with the new ability to work with walls, slabs, and roofs.
- AUTO-SCALING VIEWPORT MARKERS - Markers maintain relative size as the viewport scale is changed, providing consistent marker sizes on your
- REPLACE DELETED RESOURCES - Streamlined document resource replacement allows you to choose a replacement when deleting an existing
- IMPROVED RESOURCE THUMBNAIL LIST - Easily access your favorite and most used symbols through the symbol insertion toolbar.
- Increased Flexibility for Spotlight
- Organize focus points, enjoy optional default classes of Spotlight objects to control visibility and appearance, and customize your
inventories and label legends with a number of usability enhancements that will simplify your Spotlight workflow.
- Subdivisions Surfaces
- Transform rigid lines and primitive shapes into smooth, malleable surfaces to create sculpted objects, multi- dimensional scenery, unique
focal pieces, water features, forced perspective, and more with subdivision modeling. This technique, based on Pixar Animation Studios' OpenSubdiv
library, opens new workflow avenues across the AEC, entertainment, landscape, and other design industries. Get ready to create any form imaginable and
design beyond the limits of traditional CAD software.
- Superior 2D Documentation
- Produce high-quality documentation with ease. Vectorworks Designer offers precision drafting tools, intelligent objects for building,
detailing, MEP, furniture, millwork, machine parts, and annotations, plus thousands of free symbols from leading building product companies. Batch
print drawing sets or export them as multipage PDFs at full or reduced sized. Plus, use our exclusive sketch rendering technology to change hard-lined
drawings into soft, hand-sketched illustrations, blurring the line between clear, accurate technical documentation and compelling presentations.
- Creative 3D Modeling
- Great design begins with exploration. Vectorworks Fundamentals therefore provides an advanced suite of Parasolid-based solids and NURBS
surface tools that let you create any shape and easily explore geometry. Push, pull, blend, twist, sculpt, deform, or punch holes. With our intuitive
interface, you can design from any 3D view using modes in modeling tools that automatically infer working planes as you move your cursor, and enjoy
the superior quality that allows you to manipulate your model with ease. More accurate object information and better snapping make drawing in 3D easy.
Create and explore any form.
- Efficient & Flexible Workflows
- Make quick work of any type of project. With Vectorworks Fundamentals, you can move easily from design concept to technical documentation.
Work on practically any type of project within a flexible and robust digital environment. Start with any image, sketch, or formal iteration and move
easily between 2D and 3D views in a unified working environment. Whether you're a sole practitioner collaborating with other professionals or working
among different members of a team, Vectorworks provides a flexible way to manage productive workflows for even the most complicated project.
- Seamless Interoperability
- Vectorworks recognizes that the process of realizing a design often requires multiple sources of inspiration and refinement, as well as iteration,
communication, and collaboration. Import or export a wide array of image files. Publish your design for inclusion in your firm's marketing materials
or website. Get on the cutting edge of collaborative digital practices, exchanging 2D, 3D, Building and Site Information Modeling
(BIM/SIM) data and models for numerous multidisciplinary, multi-platform design workflows, as well as sending models
to CAD/CAM machines, CNC routers, and 3D printers.
- Inspirational Rendering
- Define and communicate your signature look through our partnership with the award-winning CINEMA 4D render engine, which provides
rendering capabilities that are faster and easier than standalone rendering applications. When added to Vectorworks Designer software, Renderworks
integrates fully into the software interface, so it lets you seamlessly visualize your work throughout the design process while producing clear and
accurate renderings. With the click of a button, rendered viewports in your documentation will update as your design evolves.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions