HDRE Urban Kit
High dynamic range environments for MODO users
HDRE Urban Kit
is a collection of high-dynamic range panoramas and render-ready background plates that provides MODO
users with an easy way to place
models into natural landscape settings for utterly convincing renderings.
What's included in the HDRE Urban kit?
This kit includes 5 different locations. Each of the supplied locations includes the following components:
- Render-ready camera background plates - Each location includes 6 - 12 custom camera background plates. Each background plate includes a
ground plane and a pre-calibrated MODO camera. Typically, HDRE Urban Kit includes close-up, medium and distance shots so you can place objects of various
sizes in front of the background plates.
- High-Resolution spherical panoramic image (4k x 8k pixels) - Image provides source for accurate reflections and refractions from the
- HDRI image - HDRI image provides source of indirect rays.
What are HDRE kits?
HDRE kits are collections of photo-based environments that provide subtle and realistic lighting to your models. By combining high-quality HDRI
with matching background plates, these high dynamic range environments provide MODO
users with the power of image-based lighting with an
simple workflow. Simply choose your location from the Assembly preset browser, select a background plate from the visual HDRE card view, and then
the shot with the HDRE heads up display (HUD). Photorealism has never been so simple.
How does HDRE work in MODO?
- Select one of five supplied locations
- Just click on the desired location (perhaps the mountain road) then pick your preferred camera background plate (maybe a close-up of one
curve on the mountain). Your MODO scene is automatically pin registered to the background plate. A ground plane is automatically created for
to drag and drop your mesh items on top of - and as you do they are placed "in" the photo with accurately cast shadows, lighting and reflections. You
now render your car or other items in this rich new environment without ever having to create a light, adjust a camera, or even having to access the
- Fine tune your results
- To further enhance your renderings, embedded controls are presented right in the MODO viewport to adjust things like the amount of
indirect vs. direct illumination. For example, moving a slider will enhance the shadows in your rendering by increasing the lighting contribution
physical sun that is available at this precise geographic location. You can also adjust the amount of saturation for both the environment and/or the
background - even to the point of turning your background plate into a black and white image.
When you select a new environment, it is added to your scene in a non-destructive way. The supplied scripts simply limit the visibility or effect of
existing settings without deleting anything. This workflow allows you to experiment with different locations or mix the effects you obtain from a new
location with ease.
In order to work properly, your copy of HDRE Urban Kit
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought