Educational Student Version
The Rhino Plug-In for Jewelry Design for Students and TeachersRhinoJewel 5.5
for Windows 32 bits is a professional jewelry design software which lets you create 3D models of jewelry and other luxury items easily, precisely and quickly. RhinoJewel 5.5
runs only on Windows 32 bits.
It is suitable for both novice users as well as experienced CAD designers and features the most comprehensive range of jewelry-specific tools to help you through every stage of the design process.
Models created with RhinoJewel 5.5
can be used to generate outstanding photo-realistic renders and are characterized by absolute accuracy of dimensions, a feature which can be replicated in the real world by means of the best Rapid Prototyping solutions currently available.
adds to Rhino 3D
an extensive collection of jewelry-specific tools divided into four main groups: Metal Tools, Gem Tools, Bonus Modeling Tools and tools related to SWAROVSKI GEMS. As always, you also have at your disposal the complete range of classic Rhino Tools, many of which are also found as a Rhinojewel-Enhanced version which boosts and optimizes their application in jewelry.
If you select the option to install RhinoJewel 5.5
with the Rhinojewel Interface (instead of as a Plugin) then you will find all tools re-arranged according to how often they are used in the jewelry creation process and with the option to access all subtoolbars much more comfortably, without the need for so many mouse clicks. This interface option is also suited to designers who are used to the classic Rhino interface, who will find it very familiar.
- Rhinojewel Metal Tools
- The RhinoJewel 5.5 Metal Tools group features tools which mainly focus on those aspects of the modeling and creation process related to making metal parts or complete items of jewelry.
- Rhinojewel Gem Tools
- The RhinoJewel 5.5 Gem Tools group comprises tools which are mainly used when working with a variety of different gem cuts or during those stages of the modeling process when we are required to prepare an item of jewelry for the setting of gems.
- SWAROVSKI GEMS Tools
- This group contains tools relating to SWAROVSKI GEMS, the new product brand for Swarovski's Genuine Gemstones and Created Stones. RhinoJewel 5.5 has been the first and is to date the only jewelry design software to incorporate this library of precision-cut gemstones.
- Rhinojewel Bonus Modeling Tools
- The RhinoJewel 5.5 Bonus Modeling Tools group features a range of simple tools that are a modified version of some classic Rhino tools, enhanced to boost their performance and optimize their use for the creation of jewelry. For example, imagine you have done a pavè with 100 or more micro-prongs which you now want to make taller by scaling them perpendicularly to the surface: this operation would be very slow in Rhinoceros but can be carried out in seconds with RhinoJewel 5.5. Likewise, the rest of the tools in this group will open up a world of easier and faster jewelry modeling.
- Classic Rhino Tools
- RhinoJewel 5.5 is built around Rhinoceros, a 3D Modeling Software known all around the world for its flexibility, precision, ease of use and affordable price. While RhinoJewel 5.5 adds many trade-specific tools which are essential for modeling high quality jewelry, Rhino also has many tools which are just perfect for the design process. When you use RhinoJewel 5.5 you also have at your disposal all the classic Rhino tools. We recommend that you install the Rhinojewel Interface to find the classic Rhino Tools re-arranged according to how often they are used in jewelry. In addition, the Rhinojewel Interface allows you to access all Subtoolbars without the need for any clicks, making the modeling process faster and even more productive.
RhinoJewel 5.5 is committed to sharing with you information of how to best use the classic Rhino tools for the creation of jewelry and how to use them in conjunction with the many Rhinojewel tools to achieve the highest results possible.
- Rhinojewel + V-Ray
- Jewelry modeled with RhinoJewel 5.5 can be rendered with V-Ray, a rendering plug-in available for Rhino capable of rendering very accurate reflections of metals and refractions of gems.
- Rhinojewel + Maxwell Render
- Jewelry modeled with RhinoJewel 5.5 can be rendered with Maxwell Render, a rendering plug-in available for Rhino.
Maxwell Render is suitable for intermediate to advanced users who wish to obtain the highest possible rendering quality. Rendering times vary between approximately one and two hours on a Quad-Core computer.
Educational License Features
Features described above are for the commercial version. Here are the limitations for the Rhinojewel Educational Student Version
Educational version limitations mainly regard the versatility of the options in Prong Setting Eternity Ring builder, Bezel Setting builder and Prong
Setting builder. The commercial version
offers the option to use 8+ different stone cuts, while the educational version is limited only to
round and square cut in bezel tools and one set of "prong number and position" options in Prong Setting Eternity Ring builder.
Another important limitation of the Educational version is the impossibility to use the important "Collision" feature in Insert Pave & Bead tool
which precludes the possibility to produce stone paves faster and easier.
This Product is Also Known As
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Primary school, secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students enrolled in a jewelry or design course
qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Provide all the following:
- Dated student ID card and
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Primary school, secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members teaching a jewelry or design course qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide all the following:
- Dated faculty ID card and
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of Rhinojewel — Educational Student Version
Support & Maintenance
If you experience problems related to the USB key while activating your copy of Rhinojewel Educational Student Version
please check the FAQ
created by Techjewel
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought