Thea for Rhino
Academic Lab License (30-seat)
Thea for RhinoThea for Rhino Academic Lab License (30-seat)
integrated plugin takes full advantage of solidThinking
Thea Render functionality and allows you to create high quality photorealistic renders within Rhino 5
. With advanced features such as interactive render, true physically-based materials, innovative material layering, IES and HDRI
light support along with a versatile rendering system comprised of biased, unbiased and GPU engines, rendering within Rhino has become really powerful.
- Viewport Rendering (new)
- Thea for Rhino can be used for interactive rendering inside Rhino Viewports. Select the desired Viewport and simply let Thea Render engines give you an immediate visualization of your scene.
- Interactive Render (IR)
- Fully integrated interactive render (IR) engine, Thea for Rhino comes with its own Darkroom window for optimized performance. Camera, Viewports, Lighting and material changes are seen interactively allowing fast visualization of any kind of scenes. You can actually build a whole scene while rendering. Region rendering is also supported.
- Thea for Rhino offers a variety of ways to add Thea Materials to your scene. You can create a new Thea material and edit it inside Rhino with the use of Presets or you can open Thea Material Lab, for additional material editing. With the use of the Material Browser you can select a ready to use material from Thea Library and simply apply it to your models. Rhino native materials are fully supported.
- Environment and Lights
- Thea for Rhino has a full support of all native Rhino lights by converting them to the corresponding Thea ones: Omni, Spot and Area Lights.
Additionally, Rhino Sky can be used along with Thea IBL options: Add Image Based Lighting, Background, Reflection and Refraction Lighting maps.
- Clipping Planes
- Rhino Clipping Planes are fully supported by Thea for Rhino. Clipping planes can also be added/edited during interactive rendering allowing you to "look inside" your geometry.
- External Models
- Thea for Rhino supports the import of high quality Thea models. They are inserted inside Rhino as blocks reducing the memory footprint for multiple copies. There are already a few model libraries of render ready objects.
- Thea for Rhino allows you to render various channels and use them later on for Post Processing purposes.
With Thea Render you can easily get Alpha, Shadow, Object ID, Reflection and many more channels of your Rhino scenes with the press of a button.
- Thea for Rhino supports the following Rhino animations; Sun study and Camera animations. With the use of Rhino Native Render window you are able to use Thea Render engines and produce the needed frames for a sun or a camera animation.
- Export to Studio
- While the integrated Thea for Rhino plugin will suffice in most cases, user is able to export the whole scene to Thea Studio: a dedicated standalone application for Thea Render, perfect for further scene staging and material/lighting tweaking supporting features like instancing and relight.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID.
Provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
- All solidThinking educational licenses are 2 years fully-functional licenses.
- After 2 years, an educational license can be upgraded purchasing a new one. Each time you order an upgrade the 2 years period is automatically extended. At order time you will be asked to provide an updated student certificate or ID.
- Academic licenses are not cross-platform like commercial ones (you must choose Win or Mac).
- Academic license can be updated to commercial at special financial conditions (call Novedge 415-974-6692).
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of Thea for Rhino — Academic Lab License (30-seat)