Thea for Cinema4D
Academic Lab License (30-seat)
Thea inside Cinema4DThea for Cinema4D Academic Lab License (30-seat)
is the perfect companion for Cinema4D users who want the highest quality photorealistic rendering inside their modeling application. The plugin offers a list of advanced tools while being actively developed to meet the most demanding visualization requirements.
- Interactive Renderer
- While Thea Render supports interactive render region in Cinema4D, it goes one step further with its own integrated darkroom, reacting much faster to user workflow. Camera and material changes are optimized so as to give the best interactive experience.
- Material Lab & Libraries
- Thea for Cinema4D offers a variety of ways to add Thea Materials to your scene. You can create a new Thea material and edit it inside Cinema4D or you can open Thea Material Lab for enhanced visually material editing. Our high quality material libraries are ready to use and just a drag-and-drop away from the content browser to your models.
- Instancing Support
- Cinema4D offers various ways of instancing and we have paid attention to support them all, matching the native renderer. Whether you are using MoGraph cloners, arrays or render instances, the result will be always as it should be.
- Thea Render can handle the animation rendering inside Cinema4D and render all the frames out-of-the-box. Furthermore, by supporting Team Render (R15 only), one can distribute these frames over the network for ultra fast animation sequence rendering. (Note: animation export and motion blur are currently not supported.)
- Texture Baking
- With the automated texture baking, Thea Render is able to tackle all Cinema4D native shaders and execute with the highest performance, by preparing all necessary bitmaps in advance of the rendering process. This way, complete scene export as well as network rendering can also be used when native shaders are involved.
- Additional Tools
- Thea for Cinema4D can be used along with several other Cinema4D plugins in order to make workflow much easier for the end user. One example is Laubwerk Plants Kits that allows 3D artists and architects to insert photorealistic tree models into their 3D scenes quickly and render them with Thea Render.
- Export to Studio
- While the integrated plugin will suffice in most cases, it also comes bundled with our Thea Studio, a dedicated standalone application for Thea Render, perfect for further scene staging and material/lighting tweaking.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID.
Provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
- All solidThinking educational licenses are 2 years fully-functional licenses.
- After 2 years, an educational license can be upgraded purchasing a new one. Each time you order an upgrade the 2 years period is automatically extended. At order time you will be asked to provide an updated student certificate or ID.
- Academic licenses are not cross-platform like commercial ones (you must choose Win or Mac).
- Academic license can be updated to commercial at special financial conditions (call Novedge 415-974-6692).
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of Thea for Cinema4D — Academic Lab License (30-seat)