Thea Render Studio
Academic Lab License (30-seat)
Physically-based Unbiased & Biased render engine.Thea Render Studio Academic Lab License (30-seat)
is a state-of-the-art Biased, Unbiased and GPU renderer with a rich set of innovative features, a powerful material system and its own advanced studio, all-in-one.
Thea Render Studio
comes with high quality materials exclusively for licensed users, integration with various modelers, a robust SDK and advanced features such as Photometric Analysis, Colimo Support and many more.
New in This Version
- Fresnel Ramp Procedural
- The Fresnel Ramp procedural gives a great flexibility controlling a varying reflectance with respect to the viewing angle. It is intended to replace our Fresnel curve parametrization for coating and glossy materials, as a more powerful means to achieving a natural look for a broad range of materials (and especially for cloth, such as satin and velvet).
- Improved Shadow Catcher
- In the new edition, the shadow catcher has been substantially improved. The shadows coming from image-based lighting look much more natural now, following image highlights. The sun shadows can also be integrated along with the environment reflections that make the new shadow catcher infinitely more realistic.
- Substance Material Converter
- Our brand new Substance to Thea converter takes advantage of the Allegorithmic high quality applications and huge material database, to convert out-of-the-box to Thea Render materials. All Substance applications are supported (Painter, Designer, Bitmap2Material) along with all metallic/roughness physically-based materials.
- Colored Coating Absorption
- The ultra realism is at the fine details. And colored coating absorption is such a detail that can be seen in real-life materials, like metallic car paints and tinted wood varnish, where a color shift can be seen at shallow angle. This absorption can now be described easily by providing the resulting absorption color at a nominal penetration distance.
- Section Cuts
- Section cuts are defined as planes that cut out part of the scene. The idea is that, without breaking your current model, clipping planes can be defined giving the possibility to take a "look inside". The geometry is not actually removed but it is still there, contributing to reflections and secondary bounces; this way the lighting is not altered.
- Online Material Repository
- With all the material advances of the new edition, there is nothing better than having an open material repository where all users can interact, upload and download materials. We are proud to present our online repository where all official materials can now be found, along with user own creations.
Thea Presto - Render Unlimited
Thea Presto is a new engine in the framework of Thea Render Studio. Thea Presto has been written from scratch harvesting all your computer power. It uses all your CPUs and GPUs to deliver astonishing raw performance. This means fast, very fast rendering on top of Thea Render Studio's unmatched quality.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID.
Provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
- All solidThinking educational licenses are 2 years fully-functional licenses.
- After 2 years, an educational license can be upgraded purchasing a new one. Each time you order an upgrade the 2 years period is automatically extended. At order time you will be asked to provide an updated student certificate or ID.
- Academic licenses are not cross-platform like commercial ones (you must choose Win or Mac).
- Academic license can be updated to commercial at special financial conditions (call Novedge 415-974-6692).
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.