Thea for 3ds Max
Academic Lab License (30-seat)
Thea inside 3ds MaxThea for 3ds Max Academic Lab License (30-seat)
incorporates all the capabilities of Thea Render inside 3D Studio and adopts an easy workflow for the user which makes the process of switching to the new render engine as easy as it can get.
- Integration inside 3ds Max
- All the functionality from Thea Render is fully integrated into 3ds Max through Thea for 3ds Max render plugin. All possibilities of Thea material system are here, while access to Thea Material editor is also available for user convenience. All lights types, render configuration settings, darkroom or render channels can be created or configured inside the host application.
- Support of Advanced Features
- All kinds of geometry are supported, including deformable meshes, geometric modifiers, renderable splines, compound objects or particle flow systems. Animation is also supported, as well as instances and external references. Render jobs can be sent through backburner without special considerations.
- Interactive Render (IR)
- Fully integrated interactive render (IR) engine. Can be used as floating window or as an extended viewport. Any changes on materials, lights or cameras are reflected instantly on the IR viewport. Geometry changes and object creation and deletion are considered as well. The IR can be used to preview exposure, DOF or any tonemap settings applied from darkroom tab.
- Material Converter
- This utility makes easier for the user to change the render engine in a finished scene to Thea Render. It is compatible with several render engines and can convert also lights and cameras in most cases. In case of animated lights or cameras, animation keys are also copied to new cameras or lights. Procedural textures included in 3ds Max can be rendered and assigned as images in an automated way.
- Additional Tools and Proxies
- Thea for 3ds Max includes a proxy system to handle external Thea models. These models can be generated inside 3dsmax and used afterwards rendering easily high complexity scenes. The plugin also adds direct support for iToo Forest Pack scatter system. A Thea Random Material has been included to add more variations on replicated objects. Several tools have been also included to improve the user experience and workflow, like a material converter, a light catalog for Thea lights and a resource collector.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following:
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID.
Provide one of the following:
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
- All solidThinking educational licenses are 2 years fully-functional licenses.
- After 2 years, an educational license can be upgraded purchasing a new one. Each time you order an upgrade the 2 years period is automatically extended. At order time you will be asked to provide an updated student certificate or ID.
- Academic licenses are not cross-platform like commercial ones (you must choose Win or Mac).
- Academic license can be updated to commercial at special financial conditions (call Novedge 415-974-6692).
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.