Poser Pro 11
The tools you need, the performance you crave.
Integrate animated 3D characters and gigabytes of Poser Pro 11 Digital Edition
content with the tools in your production pipeline. Poser Pro 11
saves time and resources for professional
artists and production teams with ready-to-go, pre-rigged characters and a content library full of assets. Working inside Poser Pro 11
generates dynamic images
and video with its advanced lighting and powerful rendering technology.
New in this version
- SuperFly - Physically Based Rendering
- Built on Blender's Cycles Render Engine, SuperFly brings the power of physically based shading and rendering to Poser. Accurately rendering
light the way it behaves in the real world makes it easier to produce hyper-realistic renders. Existing Poser users can choose to use the same familiar
materials as for FireFly, or take full advantage of the SuperFly material system, by building Cycles or physically based shaders. GPU assisted
rendering is supported via Nvidia CUDA (Poser Pro version only). For faster renders, users will be able to harness the power of their Nvidia GPU(s)
when using the SuperFly renderer.
- Improvements to Realtime Comic Book preview
- Control all your comic mode settings with one easy-to-access panel. New Geometric Edge Lines automatically produce a geometry-based outline
around figures which make amazing "ink" lines in OpenGL preview. The width of the geometric outlines for each material can be adjusted with settings in
the Material room. You can create different "ink" weights for different parts of your figures and even set the outlines' width to be controlled by key
frames in your animation. This allows dynamic adjustment of "ink" weight in an animation. Check out the comic book display features!
- Actor Selection History
- This works like the history in your web browser, allowing you to keep track of recently accessed objects with back and forward buttons. You
can see the whole history by right clicking the history buttons, and hot keys can be assigned to the previous and next actor (just like a web browser).
This makes it easier to navigate through the actors in a scene while posing, and you always have a list of recently-modified parameters at your
- Custom Parameter Palettes
- Add frequently accessed parameter dials to custom palettes so you always have those dials at you finger tips without selecting different
actors or lists. The palettes are saved with figures, props and scenes upon request.
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
- This highly-requested feature allows you to customize Poser's hot keys. Assign preferred keys to frequently performed tasks and map menu
commands to the hot keys that you choose. You can also match the hot keys between Poser and your other programs so there's nothing new to memorize.
- Smooth Translation of Joints
- This new rigging feature allows for smooth, weight mapped linear translation of body parts for smooth translations and a whole new
dimension of control to figure rigging.
- Adaptive Rigging using Morph Dependent Joint Centers (Creation is PRO)
- Automatically set a figure's joint center to match a drastic morph and automatically create the needed dependencies. Match clothes with one
simple check box. Extreme morphs sometimes need the rotation centers for joints to be moved to accommodate the morphed shape, and this new tool
automatically sets up the rig to match the morphed shape.
- Animated Orientations
- When a morph gets really wild, sometimes even the orientation of a joint needs to change, meaning which direction it moves when you twist
or bend it. Now you can control a joint's orientation by a morph.
- New Female Figure
- Poser Pro 11 and Poser Pro 11 include a brand new, never before seen Poser figure: Pauline. This figure will be the standard in content
creation for Poser Pro 11 and is included FREE with the application.
- Export a Partial Scene (Pro only)
- When working on complex scenes, sometimes you need to separate parts out for distribution. This feature allows you to choose exactly which
figures, props, lights, and cameras are included, and you can easily merge the scenes later on.
- Export a Morph Injection (Pro only)
- Content creators will find it handy to save a morph injection file right from the export menu. This tool creates a distributable morph
injection file in a few clicks.
- Area Lights
- Simulates real world light sources more accurately, much like a photographer's "Soft box" light. In the real world, lights are seldom a
single point, so with adjustable-size lights, you can easily create realistic lighting conditions with soft shadows.
- Simulates the way light reflects and refracts in a realistic way so you can accurately reproduce the behavior of light on refractive and
reflective surfaces, like lenses focusing light and water creating ripples of light.
- Volumetric Materials
- Materials that transmit light can also produce volumetric effects which can simulate absorption and diffusion. This feature simulates the
way light behaves inside a transparent object, like light picking up color in stained glass or being diffused in fog or smoke.
- Measurements & Text Props (Creation PRO, Playback STD)
- This allows you to create precise measurements in a Poser scene that are highly useful for forensics and recreating real world scenes. With
a few clicks, you can create measurements that respond to the actors in the scene. As you move objects in the scene, the measurements update in real
- High Density Display Support
- This is a user-adjustable interface scale setting that resizes the entire user interface. If you have a high DPI monitor, you can scale up
the interface. If you have a small monitor, you can scale it down to maximize screen real estate. It's also useful for accessibility because the UI can
be scaled up for easier reading. The addition of UI scaling makes Poser much easier to use on high DPI displays and allows easier accessibility for
users with limited vision.
- Improved Scene Manipulation Performance
- Figure posing speed will be faster across the board, and scenes with lots of figures will be more responsive when posing figures.
- Revamped Direct Manipulation Tool
- A broader ribbon style and depth cueing make the new direct manipulation tool easier to use.
- Auto-save saves your bacon. Customize the time between saves and how long a period of inactivity passes before it triggers.
- Master Synchronized Morph Dials
- Full Body Morphs can be controlled directly from any affected body part, and dials can be un-linked for individual control of morphs
comprised of many smaller parts. The Master Synchronized Morph Dials feature allows you to control all the constituent parts from any part, not just
the master dial.
- Subdivision-level morph targets (Creating morphs PRO)
- Subdivision-level morph targets (Creating morphs PRO) - In Poser Pro, you can create high-resolution morphs right on the subdivided
geometry and use the Export Morph Injection command to share them.
- Improved Subdivision Surfaces
- More robust handling of poor geometry. By integrating OpenSubdiv 3, support for meshes that were not originally designed for subdivision is
- Vertex Weight Painting Constrained to Material Groups
- When editing vertex weights and morphs, you can limit the painted area by groups or materials. Sometimes when working with weight maps or
creating morphs, you need to limit editing to a certain area, and these options give you more control over how you limit the editing area.
- Figure Symmetry Improvements (Rigging symmetry is PRO)
- Separate symmetry for rigging and posing. Symmetry is selectable down to individual body parts, giving you much more precise control over
it. In custom mode, you can select anything from one body part to the entire figure to copy.
- Control Handles (Creation of control handles is PRO)
- Provides an easy way to give ghost bones a handle that is automatically excluded from renders, making it much easier to work with in the
scene. Handles can be parented to any body part and set to control any other part.
- Option to Prepend Morph Targets
- Allows users to choose how a morph behaves when the body part it is attached to bends. This feature controls how a morph is created. Some
morphs work better if they are processed before the figure is bent. Some work better after. Now you can choose the type you want.
- Value Operator Editor (Value Op tab is PRO)
- Gives content developers direct access to all Value Operator dependencies including scalar value. You'll now do direct creation and naming
of new parameter dials. This powerful new method of working with dependencies exposes the full power of Arithmetic Poser Dependencies, and it will be
familiar to people who used to hack files to create dependencies.
- Make Movie
- Improved encoding preset handling, better support of codec configuration, and new support for "headless" codecs.
- Layered Materials
- Create layered materials to simulate the way light interacts in complex surfaces. It's also great to make a tattoo or a scar.
- Improved Library Search
- Search your local library as well as partner brokerages for relevant items. Create wish list items you may want later. Tag content so you
can build your own custom groups for easier content management. The new library will seamlessly include content from online sources and filter it by
your own customizable tags.
- Absolute Scaling for 3DS, DXF, LWO and OBJ import & export (Same PRO/STD split)
- Easier import and export of geometry files because every 3D application has its own scale. Absolute scaling makes it easier to share
content between Poser and other applications.
- Alembic Export (PRO)
- Point cache format for export allows for faithful reproduction of animated scenes in production pipelines.
- Game Development Features (PRO)
- Poser Pro Game Dev features have been added to Poser Pro 11, including game asset creation tools for Figure Combining, Polygon Reduction,
Unseen Polygon Removal, FBX import/export and Kinect for Windows support, all designed to produce size-efficient 3D character assets and scene files
for gaming and Unity.
- Exposed Hidden Options in Dial Properties (PRO)
- Enhanced ability to hide/unhide dials makes hidden parameters accessible. Exposed static property. Use the static option to force a single
dial to stop animating. Its present value will be used throughout the animation. Simple selection tool. Sometimes you really just need to select
something and you don't want or need to move it. Now you can with simple select.
- Architectural Improvement! Single Installer for Poser 11 & Poser Pro 11
- Now there's a single installation regardless of Poser flavor. Makes upgrading easy, there's nothing to download.
- Architectural Improvement! 3rd Party Component Updates
- Embree 2.4 and OpenSubdiv 3.
- Queue Manager / Network Render Queue
- Save time and cut production costs by using additional computers to render complex scenes and lengthy animations. The standalone Queue
Manager allows you to set-up and manage a Network Render Queue, distribute rendering jobs across that network, and manage those rendering jobs to suit
your schedule. With the Queue Manager, distributed renderings can be paused and resumed, or fully rendered on slave machines so you can keep working in
Poser Pro on your master machine.
- Background Rendering
- Increase personal productivity with background rendering in Poser Pro 11. Work on 3D scenes in the foreground, while rendering images with the
Firefly render engine in the background. When rendering in the background, you can open or close other scene files, save your project, and continue
working without interrupting the background render.
- 64-Bit FireFly Render Engine
- Poser Pro 11 lets you take advantage of high performance 64-Bit Macintosh and Windows Operating Systems and hardware with the new 64-Bit FireFly
Render Engine. The 64-Bit render engine efficiently uses all available system memory to render even the most complex scene files in the shortest
possible time. Distribute 64-Bit rendering jobs via the Queue Manager for even greater time savings at render time.
- High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) Export
- Create vivid, life-like images with HDRI output. HDRI accurately represents a full range of intensity levels
in real world scenes, ranging from the brightest sunlight to the deepest shadows. High Dynamic Range images can be exported in Radiance (.hdr) or
OpenEXR (.exr) format giving you greater control over the luminosity, opacity and reflectance range of your work. With HDRI optimized output, you can
take advantage of the extra precision, flexibility and physically correct image operations in post-production that standard image formats don't
- PoserFusion Hosting Plug-ins
- PoserFusion lets you use Poser Pro 11 as a character animation solution for 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D and LightWave. The
included PoserFusion plug-ins allow you to open and host Poser Pro 11 scene files and 3D content within these powerful 3D production applications. Integrate
static or animated Poser Pro 11 scenes to add pre-built and rigged 3D Poser Pro 11 characters into your projects.
- Real-time OpenGL Scene Preview
- Accurate, real-time previews of Spot, Point, Infinite and IBL (Image Based Lights) Lights, Soft Shadows, with Ambient Occlusion, Normal
Maps and Back Facing Polygons in a Gamma Corrected scene. The Light Properties control allows the user to toggle specific lights to preview in the
scene, with accumulated brightness for each selected light. MIP Map support improves performance when previewing large textures. Poser Pro 11 OpenGL hardware
improvements preview textures more efficiently, with reliable onscreen display of lights, shadows, and color, for smarter interactive scene creation.
- SubSurface Scattering
- Skin, wax, and marble are just some of the materials that are translucent when struck by light. To recreate this subtle yet crucial effect
when rendering these materials, Poser Pro 11 features a set of easy to configure SubSurface Scattering Material Nodes. New Nodes include SubSurface Skin, Fast
Scatter, and basic Scatter. The Scatter Node includes a number of optimized pre-sets for Skin, Marble, Milk, Fruit and Vegetables.
- Rendering Performance Improvements
- Poser Pro 11's FireFly Rendering Engine keeps getting better with numerous improvements in reflections, transparencies, depth of field and motion
blur quality, netting visibly smoother results without significantly impacting render times. Indirect Lighting (IDL) now supports Ambient Occlusion
(AO) with faster transparency rendering. Light Casting Objects can be invisible in final renderings yet still contribute illumination to the scene. In
addition to the new SubSurface Scattering Nodes, Poser Pro 11 has a new Custom Scatter Node to support effects such as bioluminescent skin.
- Weight Map Rigging
- High-end professional 3D applications like 3ds Max and Maya have set the standard for Weight Map Rigging, and now both Poser
and Poser Pro provide the most open vertex Weight Mapping support available to Poser Pro 11 users today. Weight Map Rigging offers several benefits including
smoother bending folds and bulges with vertex by vertex control over every bend or bulge. Weight Maps can be added to any joint bend, to twist and
scaling channels and can be used to control bulges. Plus Poser Pro 11 takes the standard of Weight Map Rigging several steps further with support for Hybrid
Joint Rigging (combining traditional Poser Sphere/Capsule Zones with Weight Maps), using either single mesh geometry or traditionally grouped geometry,
and enables Weight Maps or zones to affect any number of body parts beyond the current joint. The new Weight Map Rigging provides a platform that will
support third party figures that use Weight Mapping, by expanding the open, well documented and easily editable Poser PZ3 file format, to encourage
creativity and user driven enhancements to Poser Pro 11 figures.
- Expanded Context Menus
- The expanded Context Menus will vastly improve interaction and scene creation. Six unique Context Menus have been developed for Figures,
Actors, Objects, Lights, Cameras and Backgrounds to provide quick access to the most useful menu operations including selecting, toggling IK on/off,
copying symmetry in poses, pointing lights, conforming clothing, setting parenting, changing light types, and even hiding/revealing all items in a
- Grouping Objects
- If you need a way to move, scale or hide a bunch of objects in a Poser scene at the same time, simply add any number of scene elements,
from figures and props to lights, into a Grouping Object. Objects can be moved, rotated, scaled and animated or even hidden and revealed. Create
multiple Grouping Objects to hold different areas of a scene, or related props and figures. Adding selected scene elements into any Grouping Object is
easy using the powerful new Context Menu controls.
- Multi-select drag and drop from Library
- Drag and Drop support in Poser Pro 11's Library makes it easy to apply materials, or conform clothing, or drop a pose right onto a figure. With the
Library's new Multi-select feature, you'll be able to select several items of clothing and drag them right onto a figure and auto-conform them in one
step. And it gets even better when working with multiple categories of items in your Favorites; Multi-select a hairstyle, several clothing items and a
pose all at once, then click and drag them right onto your target figure. Poser Pro 11 will automatically apply the items.
- Morph Tool Tablet Support
- Integrated Wacom pressure sensitive tablet support into the Morph Tool allows you much finer control when creating morphs. Vary brush
strength with pressure for any brush size you've set.
- Constraint Channels and Constraint Objects
- Constraint Channels and Objects enable animating a ball being throw or caught. Basically, the Constraint is an animatable handle for an
object that will allow you to parent it to a figure's hand as it winds up for the throw, and then have the object leave the hand and fly through the
air as if it's being thrown.
- Light Casting Objects
- Indirect Lighting (IDL) enables objects with high ambient values to cast light with a huge array of lighting effects. Now you can toggle
off visibility in rendering for objects, yet still enable them to cast light. This will allow the creation of light domes, environment domes and large
area lights to cast ambient light without being rendered in the scene. Combined with our new Poser Scene Library category, this feature will be a great
way to deliver a fully lit IDL environment.
- Over 5GB of Poser Content
- Includes a complete collection of well organized, easy to find content supplied by talented third party content artists as well content
created by the Smith Micro team of 3D artists. Fully articulated human skeletons that match the male and female figures body topology are
included along with artist manikins, animals, dinosaurs and a dragon, robots, vehicles, toy and cartoon characters; over 140 ready to pose figures
total. Various new poses, animations, light sets, props, and accessories to help new users get started are included in the Poser Pro 11 content installers.
- Dependent Parameters
- The Dependent Parameter tool lets the artist create new Master Parameters or turn any existing Parameter into a Master Parameter that can
drive any other editable parameters in the scene. Complex interactions can be created such as Full Body Morphs, Partial Body Morphs, Advanced Body
Controls, Joint Controlled Morph Targets, Joint Controlled Deformers and Parameter Controlled Scene Assets. When a Master Parameter has been created,
its Dependent Parameters can be edited or added to, and all Dependent Parameters are displayed with both their Natural Value and their Master Parm
Driven Value. A mouse click on either a Dependent or Master Parameter Options will reveal the Master or allow Dependent Parameter editing.
- Content Management System / Library
- Easy access to your collection of content, the Library presents content by category, but with a tighter list view with expanding previews
and additional data for each content item. The list is persistent by category, and can be scrolled through with cursor keys for convenience. Content
items can be loaded into the scene using the traditional Poser UI controls or can be dragged directly from the Library into the scene. To make it
easier to find items in your library and online, the Poser Library supports keyword search. Simply type in a keyword to find exactly what you looking
- Indirect Lighting
- Poser Pro 11 offers indirect diffuse illumination by combining improved irradiance caching with path tracing, producing rendered images with Global
Illumination qualities. By bouncing light and color from object to adjacent object in a scene, Poser's Global Illumination system can render images
that appear so realistic they can fool the untrained eye into thinking the images are photos rather than 3D renderings.
- Physically correct light falloff
- For Spot and Point lights, Poser Pro 11 lets users attenuate fall off to more closely reproduce real-world light behaviors. Constant falloff
replicates the legacy behavior, and Inverse Linear and Inverse Square add two new methods for getting light to appear more realistic.
- Full Scene Category in Library
- In the past, if you wanted to re-use a scene with that perfect environment settings, lights, cameras, props and dependencies and even
render settings, you had to build it, save it, then find and import it. With the new Scene Category in the Library you simply add that full Poser Pro 11 scene
with lights, cameras, all props and figures in place, and with all dependencies right into the Library. From there your new scenes can be dragged
directly from the Library into the Poser Pro 11 workspace. For Poser Pro 11 content developers this new feature will enable you to deliver fully constructed scenes with
dependencies and optimal render settings that require less user support and are far easier to use.
- Frame Object Camera
- Frame Object Camera helps keeping your camera focused on an area that you're working on using Poser's original camera controls. With the
click of a button, your current camera will zoom in on the selected object, allowing you take a closer look exactly where you're working. This will
make it easier to navigate in and out of your deep scenes and help you save time when creating them.
- Rotate Object Mode
- A companion feature to the new Frame Object Camera, Poser Pro 11 also includes a new Rotate Object mode. Simply toggle on the Rotate Object mode and
your current camera will rotate around the center point of the currently selected object. This makes it even to focus on a selected element, and view
it from every direction by spinning Camera trackball.
- Pre-render Texture Caching
- Faster pre-render texture handling with two new methods that will save time the first time you press that Render Now button. Poser Pro 11 now
preloads all scene textures in the background when your system is idle, in prep for that first render, and can cache those textures session to session
if you desire.
- Python 2.7 Support
- Smith Micro now provide Python 2.7 support to take full advantage of improvements to the scripting language.
- New User Interface
- The clean and easy to master user interface presents all the tools you'll need in a concise layout that takes full advantage of various
screen resolutions. The interface layout provides a clean work environment so artists can focus on the project. All controls are contained in floating
palettes that can be docked for consistency, session to session, or floated to free up space.
- Cross Body Part Morph Creation
- In Morphing Tool now users can dial in a Morph Brush and paint morphs across body parts. Save that set of individual body part morphs as a
single Full Body Morph channel in the figure's Parameters. Easily create effects such as muscle bulges, scales, bumps, horns, veins or wounds and more.
- Normal Mapping
- Normal Mapping is a resource-efficient technique to add the appearance of complexity and surface detail to 3D objects. It can transform
object surfaces, making them appear more intricate than they actually are, without the added overhead of polygonal detail. This saves designers
valuable time and offers increased creative flexibility by allowing faster and more light-weight computation of rendered results.
- Wardrobe Wizard
- Third Party Licensed feature
- Permits existing clothing items to be re-fit onto Poser Pro 11
- Adds value by re-using existing clothing assets a user has invested in.
- Gamma Correction/Linear Rendering
- With Gamma Correction specify gamma values and apply those values to textures, or choose gamma values that will be applied to exported
images. This allows you to perform linear rendering for increased luminance accuracy. Gamma Correction gives you the confidence that what you see is
what you'll get because input and output data will comply with your selected gamma values. Gamma Correction on the Texture Manager allows you to
specify gamma values per texture, giving you the ability to exclude certain textures from scene-wide gamma correction for maximum flexibility when
dealing with displacement or normal maps.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Bunkspeed Versions
|Standard Features||Poser||Poser Pro|
|Material Room for advanced material editing|
|Cloth Room for creating dynamic clothing props|
|Face Room for creating custom faces on supported figures|
|Hair Room for creating dynamic hair or fur|
|Setup Room for the creation and rigging of new figures|
|Wardrobe Wizard to fit existing clothes items onto new figures|
|5GB of Included Content, including 9 new human and cartoon characters|
|3GB of Included Content, including Poser 8 family characters|
|Multiple Sphere and Capsule Zone Rigging system|
|Weight Map Rig Support|
|SubSurface Scattering Materials|
|Invisible Light Casting Objects|
|Indirect Lighting with Ambient Occlusion Rendering Support|
|Unlimited number of Point Lights, Spot Lights, Infinite Lights and Diffuse Image Based Lights|
|Keyframe Animation System, Layers and Groups, Constraint Channels and Objects|
|Walk Designer to auto-generate walk and run cycles|
|Talk Designer to auto-generate talking facial animation|
|Gamma Correction in both Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014|
|Live Simulation Mode for Physics|
|Soft Body Dynamics|
|Rigid Body Dynamics|
|Pixar Subdivision Surfaces with user defined levels for figures, actors and props|
|Comic Book Preview Mode|
|Interactive Raytrace Preview|
|Magnet and Deformers with weight maps and painting tools|
|Morph Brushes with Tighten, Loosen and Sag to fit your figure and fix poke-through|
|Copy and Paste Mirrored|
|Symmetry Operations on Weight Maps|
|Improved Grouping Tool Selection and Mirroring Tools|
|Raytrace Rendering Speed Improvements|
|OpenGL Preview Speed Optimizations|
|Fitting Room to custom fit existing clothing to any figure and create new Conforming Clothing|
|Copy Morphs from Figure to Figure|
|Display and Re-arrange Hidden Parameter Channels|
|Full Body Morph import and delete|
|Full Suite of Weight Map Creation Tools|
|Weight Map Auto Transfer and Weight Map Painting with pressure sensitive tablet support|
|64 bit Rendering Macintosh and Windows|
|Full COLLADA export/import & HDRI export/import|
|64-bit fully native application Macintosh and Windows|
|FireFly rendering engine, Queue Manager, Network Render Queue|
|PSD layer rendering, Background Rendering|