With its vast experience in developing CAD software for civil engineers worldwide, Sivan Design
released CivilCAD 2016 - Roads
, the latest version for its awards winning road
design software, a real breakthrough for civil engineers. CivilCAD 2016 - Roads
Solution Suite, the ultimate plan and design tools for civil engineering professionals,
offers roads planning and design, upper and underground infrastructure design and pipes layout tools, intelligent and sensible earthworks
calculations, and cross platforms surveying data handling capabilities. Combining fully integrated system tools, high-speed results and unsurpassed
usability, CivilCAD 2016 - Roads
brings the new generation in civil engineering to a new and unprecedented level of competence and cost-effectiveness.
- Materials and thickness - sub layers associated with existing, structure and design layers are differentiated in the cross section and
displayed according to the defined material and thickness.
- Road segment changes - Changes made to a certain segment of the road's alignment geometry are automatically reflected in the vertical
- Visibility evaluation - Unique and advanced visibility evaluation mechanism with DWG export and reporting capabilities.
- Overlapping adjustment - automatic alert and delete mechanism of an overlapping area between two topography surfaces.
- Automatic road segments recognition - new ability automatically recognizes subsequent road segments that can be automatically joined and
combined for simple centerline creation.
- Ability to extend existing road design - unique feature able to obtain existing road information and automatically compute centerline
extension parameters to any specified length for effortless future planning.
- Separated layers in horizontal alignment - in order to meet increasing authorities demands, new feature has been added allowing the
ability to separate complex layout information into particular layers. Such layers may contain slopes incline, left edges, right edges, left ditch,
right ditch etc.
- Visual indication of cut/fill extents - clearly highlighting extreme points heights in road's horizontal alignment.
- Underground and upper ground utilities display in cross sections - including detailed information of diameter, depth, and positioning of
pipes and cables.
- 3D driving simulation - Simulate actual driving in 3D - highly credible and accurate 3D simulation can be created in a single mouse click
using Civil Simulate. Widely used throughout the design process, from visualizing conceptual plans even in preliminary design stage, via performing
accurate measurements, to trailing objects for visibility and line of sight checks in detailed designed roads, Civil Simulate is a must have tool to
achieve better results through better visualization.
- Vertical alignment design in a complete AutoCAD environment - combining data tables and advanced design tools.
- The most advanced retaining walls design tool in the world - complete design capabilities of wall elements including horizontal
alignment, profile, and dimensions, attachment of a wall to a road and their integration (presentation of the road's precise distances on the wall's
profile, presentation of the walls in exact dimensions on the road's cross-sections), automatic profile design via definition of the wall's minimum
height for cut and fill, definition of walls dimensions as a function of its height (or fixed dimensions), and more.
- Complex urban roads design - design and extraction of the cross-sections directly from the layout (by defining the initial side-slopes),
projection of 3D/2D lines onto the cross-sections, a special mechanism for underground infrastructures adjustment, and presentation of existing
- Wide range of capabilities in automatic cross-sections design - side ditches definition for cut/fill and in-between situations, berms
design, various side-slopes definition by the height (cut/fill), automatic projection of beside roads land-development on the cross sections and many
- Drainage, Sewage and Water - supply detailed design including pipelines alignment and layout (for both manholes and pipes). Profile
design with a special interface that enables definition of the pipe's depth, IL, manholes size, automatic reception of the existing and the road's
designed level, crossings infrastructure presentation in the sections, quantity report production, manholes and detailed report production.
Additional features include quantities calculations in various methods, including separation into several layers, quick and easy creation and
calculation of setting out points, communication with all available measuring tools, a special mechanism for editing and adjustment of RAW
(Observation) files, and so on.