Start with ordinary interlaced video, and apply Red Giant Shooter Frames' sophisticated algorithms. You will instantly get the smooth, deinterlaced look of 24p film that is artifact-free. Choose between field-blended and motion-adaptive approaches to frame interpolation, along with helpful features like letterboxing and broadcast-safe color check. With the six tools in Red Giant Shooter Frames, you get a true 24p conversion from NTSC, PAL or HD interlaced formats — with high quality results inside your favorite editing timelines.
- Field blending or motion adaptive
- Convert video to 24p with one of two conversion methods. Use a fast field-blending algorithm for quick results, or use a high quality motion-adaptive algorithm for intelligent smoothing.
- Deinterlacing for smooth interpolation
- Frames looks for interlacing artifacts that are easy to spot by eye, but hard to isolate with a computer algorithm. Then it creates new pixels based on pattern matching, so the frame interpolation keeps smooth contours and clean diagonals.
- Deartifacting to remove artifacts
- The Deartifacting controls remove compression artifacts quickly and easily, and repairs lost color information in DV and HDV footage. Now you can remove subtle imperfections in digital video that could be big problems on the big screen.
- Create broadcast safe values
- The Broadcast Spec plug-in makes sure color and luminance values are "broadcast safe." This effect concentrates on getting the chroma signal correct, so you can render out broadcast-ready files.
- Letterboxing for any width
- The Letterboxer plug-in crops your final output to any aspect ratio, and ships with popular ratio presets like 16:9, 4:3 and 1.66:1. The boundary between the letterbox "bars" and the image is always clean and sharp.
- Opticals for fade and burn
- With an elegant film-like quality, the Opticals plug-in creates cross-dissolves, fades to black, or burns to white. Choose your A and B sources, set the Fade or Burn, and let Opticals dissolve its magic.
- Any format, in any host
- Get true 24p conversion from any interlaced material, including NTSC, PAL and HD formats. Do it at greater than 8-bit per channel in your host editor of choice: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Motion.
- Supports legacy AE projects
- The Red Giant Shooter FramesPlus plug-in is our original "Magic Bullet" plug-in, released in 2002. If you have a legacy After Effects project that uses Magic Bullet, then Frames Plus will still support that 24p conversion. (After Effects only)