Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)
First-time buyers receive 50% off Vectorworks Service Select!Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)
software gives you a platform to design in your own way – offering creative solutions to streamline everyday tasks with industry-leading
tools that enhance your workflow. So whether you're transitioning from hand drawing to a CAD solution or from a general CAD application to a site
design solution, Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)
's intelligent, built-in objects, powerful databases, effective project sharing, and flexible documentation features will help you
produce 2D and 3D concepts, analyze the pre- and post-development site conditions, and create construction documents. Designers who choose Landmark
will be poised to create unmatched experiences for people to enjoy and transform the built environment like never before.
New in This Version
- Graphical scripting will play a significant role in the workflows of the future. This functionality, when built into an intelligent
information modeling application, presents designers with unlimited opportunities to generate, define, build, and explore form and function throughout
the design process. Integrated directly into Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only), Marionette is the first and only cross-platform graphical scripting tool for the AEC, entertainment,
and landscape design industries. Marionette is a Python-based scripting tool that operates within the Vectorworks platform; it delivers a robust and scalable
way to program well beyond the confines of traditional design software. When you use Marionette, you can create visual scripts that take advantage of
the superior 2D interface and robust 3D modeling capabilities that Vectorworks software offers, ushering in a new world of discovery that enhances your
workflows and integrates seamlessly into your BIM environments.
- Point Cloud Support
- Field surveys and other manual methods used to capture existing spaces can now be replaced by Point Cloud Support. Using your preferred 3D
scanning device, you can capture a physical location and import a 3D point cloud into Vectorworks software using PTS, E57, LAS, and XYZ file formats.
Capture a perfect, full- color representation of any location and manipulate and measure it.
- Horizontal Sections from the Clip Cube
- Explore your design floor by floor, space by space, and section by section with horizontal sections from the clip cube. Use this command
to isolate horizontal segments of your models to create conceptual, diagrammatic views, giving clients a deeper understanding of your design
throughout the development process.
- Roof Components and Styles
- Ensure accuracy in the documentation of your sections and elevations with the new ability to define more realistic roof components that
will interact with your wall components. Roof faces and roof objects now have the same component representation as walls and slabs, further extending
the power of BIM in your designs.
- Door and Window Improvements
- In Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only), improved window and door functions give you more options to create compelling designs. From three- and four-panel sliding windows,
to span wall options for corner windows, to control over door hardware positioning, designers will be able to add more depth (and more data) to their
projects than ever before.
- 3D Modifiers for Slabs
- Geometric flexibility now extends to slabs, allowing you to shape their surfaces to match design and construction requirements.
- Hardscape Improvements
- The enhanced Hardscape object now includes options to accomplish radial paving patterns and paving patterns based on curvilinear paths,
enabling site designers to be more creative in laying out pavements and walkways. You can also convey your signature style with sloping pavement
- Exacting Site Modeling
- Improved Slope Modifiers - Take your site designs to new heights with improved slope modifiers, tool modes, and definitions. Accurately
manage multiple sloping surfaces, choose how you prefer to display your slope labels, and more, to generate the most exacting site designs with less
- Site Model Flow Arrows Enhancements - Proposing changes to a site's terrain represents changes in the flow of rainwater. With advancements
in the graphic settings of the site model, you can use color and other line type changes to quickly recognize the difference in water flow direction
from existing to proposed to better plan how you manage water on a site.
- Improved Site Modifier Capabilities
- Collect Modifiers from Custom Sets of Design Layers - Gain greater site modeling efficiency with enhanced file organization to
collect modifiers from custom sets of design layers, as well as streamlined controls over fine grading.
- Save settings for site model dialog boxes - Save changes to your site model settings for future use, maintaining the consistency of
terrain studies from project to project, without having to memorize the settings for each scenario.
- Project Sharing
- Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only) gives you more resources than ever to streamline and optimize your workflow. With project sharing capabilities, access to reliable
cloud-based storage solutions, improved communication and visualization tools, and the industry-leading development team that is always working to
make your design software experience better, you'll design smarter than ever before.
- Cloud Services in Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)
- Vectorworks Service Select members can now take advantage of our cloud services directly within Vectorworks software. A single click
publishes your Vectorworks files for easy sharing, collaborating, and viewing using our Vectorworks Nomad app or cloud web portal.
- Linked Section/Detail Markers
- Add section-elevation and detail-callout markers linked to your section viewports or detail viewports for easy drawing navigation.
- OBJ and STL File Import
- Vectorworks software is known for its ability to work well with the many file formats that industry professionals use throughout the design and
construction process. With this latest release, we've added two popular 3D file formats to our import capabilities. New OBJ
and STL file import features give designers the ability to import a vast amount of 3D content that is generated by many other 3D
modeling and rapid prototyping applications.
- 3D-PDF Export
- Share your designs across platforms and devices using 3D PDFs, enhancing PDF-centric workflows with
applications like Bluebeam
- Database and Worksheet Improvements
- Improved ODBC for IFC - Advanced data exchange workflows will more easily
take advantage of ODBC connectivity to IFC and COBie data in building information models.
- BIM Worksheet Functions - Worksheets gain greater BIM functionality, giving users more options to schedule and edit the various
information-rich aspects of their designs.
- New Worksheet Formulas to Run Scripts - With Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only), database worksheet rows allow those familiar with scripting to create custom worksheet
- Direct Editing for Worksheet Cells - Now you can double-click any cell in a worksheet and type what you want.
- DXF/DWG Improvements
- Vectorworks provides quality, multi-version support for AutoCAD files through our DXF/DWG translator. This year,
we've further improved the
quality of file translation with:
- Improved DXF/DWG export of classes from design layer viewports - Your design partners will appreciate DXF/DWG files with fewer layers, a
result of automatically consolidating duplicate classes across multiple exported viewports.
- Improved DXF/DWG export of sheet layer viewports - You will enjoy a seamless experience, sending your drawing set to your collaborators
with sheet layers now exporting only those classes that are visible in the viewports or are used on the exported sheet layer.
- Mapping of Vectorworks classes/layers to DXF/DWG layers - You can maintain your own Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only) class names and provide DXF/DWG files with layer
names based on your collaborators' standards.
- Improved User Experience
- NEW MIGRATION MANAGER - In Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only), upgrading your software is much simpler. The new Migration Manager command imports your workspaces,
preferences, templates, favorites, and library content from previous versions into the latest release.
- MAC OS X PALETTE DOCKING - The new palette docking capability is a wonderful addition to the Mac user's experience with Vectorworks software.
Palettes can now be easily grouped, modified, and docked to the application window.
- IMPROVED CONTENT INSTALLATION MANAGER - Content installation is cleaner, making it easier to identify the libraries you want to install.
Plus, Vectorworks added over 150 new content libraries, giving you more options than ever to create inspirational designs.
- NEW VECTORWORKS INSTALLATION SYSTEM - For existing users, we've streamlined the upgrade process and integrated a native installer for your
operating system to have you designing in Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only) quickly.
- IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAYS ON WINDOWS - Windows users will be able to view their projects with enhanced quality on
- IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAYS ON WINDOWS - Windows users will be able to view their projects with enhanced quality on
- EYEDROPPER AND SELECT SIMILAR TOOL ARCHITECTURAL ATTRIBUTES AND DIMENSIONS - The Eyedropper and Select Similar tools are going to turbo-
boost your productivity with the new ability to work with walls, slabs, and roofs.
- AUTO-SCALING VIEWPORT MARKERS - Markers maintain relative size as the viewport scale is changed, providing consistent marker sizes on your
- REPLACE DELETED RESOURCES - Streamlined document resource replacement allows you to choose a replacement when deleting an existing
- IMPROVED RESOURCE THUMBNAIL LIST - Easily access your favorite and most used symbols through the symbol insertion toolbar.
- Increased Flexibility for Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)
- Organize focus points, enjoy optional default classes of Spotlight objects to control visibility and appearance, and customize your
inventories and label legends with a number of usability enhancements that will simplify your Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only) workflow.
- Subdivisions Surfaces
- Transform rigid lines and primitive shapes into smooth, malleable surfaces to create sculpted objects, multi- dimensional scenery, unique
focal pieces, water features, forced perspective, and more with subdivision modeling. This technique, based on Pixar Animation Studios' OpenSubdiv
library, opens new workflow avenues across the AEC, entertainment, landscape, and other design industries. Get ready to create any form imaginable and
design beyond the limits of traditional CAD software.
- Superior 2D
- The Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only)'s 2D functionality helps you to produce beautiful drawings and high-quality, professional documentation with ease. Our extensive suite of
drawing and editing tools make quick work of any type of project, helping you to define and communicate your firm's graphical preference and meet
industry standards. Tap into our large libraries of entourage, customizable line types, gradients, dash styles, and unlimited color palettes. Add tile
and image fills, stipples, and hatching. Use our exclusive sketch rendering technology to change hard-lined drawings into soft, hand-sketched
illustrations, blurring the line between clear, accurate technical documentation and compelling presentations.
- Creative 3D Modeling
- Go beyond the limits of traditional CAD software. An advanced suite of Parasolid-based solids and NURBS
surface tools lets you create any shape and easily explore geometry. Subdivision surface modeling lets you push, pull, blend, twist, sculpt, deform,
or punch holes, creating unique focal pieces, sculptures, water features, play structures, and more. Design from any 3D view using modes in modeling
tools that automatically infer working planes as you move your cursor and enjoy the superior quality that allows you to manipulate your model with
ease. More accurate object information and better snapping make drawing in 3D easy.
- Flexible Workflows & Project Sharing
- Go beyond exploration and into development as your concepts mature into concrete solutions all in one application. Work on practically any type of
project within a flexible and robust digital environment. Start with any image, sketch, or formal iteration and move easily between 2D and 3D views in
a unified working environment. Then, take advantage of new ways to collaborate and maximize efficiency with Project Sharing, which enables landscape
professionals to streamline design document production and manage planting, hardscape, grading, and more — all while multiple designers are
working on the same Vectorworks file concurrently.
- Seamless Interoperability
- Make your work more compelling and easier to communicate with digital imagery. Import scans, digital photos, or web images. Import or export a
wide array of image files. Also, publish your designs for inclusion in your firm's marketing materials or website. Get on the cutting edge of
collaborative digital practices, exchanging 2D drawings, 3D models, BIM and SIM data for numerous multidisciplinary, multi-platform design workflows,
and even sending models to 3D printers.
- Inspired Rendering
- Vectorworks partnered with the award-winning CINEMA 4D render engine to provide rendering capabilities that are faster and easier than standalone
rendering applications. When added to Vectorworks Landmark 2017 + VSS 1-Year Subscription (New Contract Only), Renderworks is fully integrated into the software interface, so it lets you seamlessly
visualize your work throughout the design process while producing accurate visualizations and dynamic animations. With the click of a button, rendered
viewports in your documentation will update as your design evolves.
- Leader in Site Design
- Analyze your design for boundaries, area, volume, slope, cut/fill, and other data, such as water flow and sun/shade. Document existing structures,
plant materials, and site conditions. Integrate mapping and site modeling needs into your workflows. Add survey data to your drawing and use it as the
basis of your site model, or import CAD drawings and data from architects, builders, or engineers to use as base plans. Import geo-referenced
aerial/satellite images and GIS data files from federal, city, state, or other agencies.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions