IronCAD Draft: 2D CAD Software That Bridges the Gap to 3D. Perfect for 2D Detailing
is an extremely powerful 2D mechanical drafting tool with an easy to learn, industry standard user interface and a unique 3D integration
capability. Part of IronCAD
's Design Collaboration Suite, IronCAD Draft
enables users to work in 2D but also to view, leverage, analyze, render and reference 3D
model data created by suppliers customers and colleagues. In addition to this, the program offers CAXA 2D design and IronCAD
3D integration for
flexibility and efficiency.
Large Assembly Performance
- Improved Performance in Large Assembly Load/Save/Import/Interaction Performance
- Open/Save/Import speed is improved for files that contain large structures that may have large assembly trees containing many nodes
under individual assembly levels. In all areas of open, save, import, and interaction with the scene browser, changes have been implemented that
have significant improvement in speed in all areas while working on large assemblies.
This improvement effectively propels IronCAD past traditional CAD software making us one of the fastest machinery software systems for large
assemblies in terms of performance.
In addition to the structural changes, we have also made new use of multiple cores on machines to improve the loading of files. Overall, users can
see general improvements, as well as varying addition improvements depending on the model, as mentioned above, that can see 30-50% improvements in
these cases on many different operations.
Production Drawings Improvements
- Support for Bulk View Creation with Draft
- Similar to the Bulk View creation for IronCAD's Drawing environment (ICD), users can now select an option to use CAXA DRAFT in the process. Once
enabled, users can select CAXA DRAFT specific templates to use for each part/assembly used in the process.
- Multiple View Move
- The ability to select and move multiple views in the DRAFT environment to a new location using the Move View tool has been added.
- BOM Part Quantity
- BOM Part Quantity now counts "User set Quantity" multiplied with "Number of Parts".
- Support Project Shown Parts on Update
- Users can now set certain parts to be hidden in the scene and not projected in the view creation. When new parts added to the scene, these will
not be projected and only the current selected to show parts will update.
- Improved DWG Compatibility
- Some known issues with DWG importing have been resolved to have a more compatible version coming into DRAFT.
- Ability to Set Background Color
- In Draft, the ability to change background colors for model and layout modes. Users are now able to set the Model space color different from the
layout mode. This enables fast visual as to where they are in the drawing environment.
- Table support for Drop Down Menus
- This can be configured by the user for the content in the drop-down and which columns support the drop-down. This is useful for having tables
with variable content that users can select to display.
Improved Usability and User Interface Enhancements
- Support for 4K Monitor Improvements
- In order to better support 4K monitors, IronCAD invested in the development of Vector Icons that are used in our system for areas such
as the Ribbon Bar. This change will help the appearance of the UI when using the DPI scaling commonly found on 4K Monitors.
- Search, Search and more Search
- SNew search controls have been added throughout IronCAD. Search on the IronCAD Frame will locate commands in the Ribbon Bar to locate
and activate commands. Users can also access search tools in the Tools/Options and in the Keyboard/Ribbon Bar customization tool.
- Dockable Catalogs (Tear-off Catalogs)
- Users will now have the ability to tear-off individual catalogs to have multiple catalogs open at once and even move to a different
monitor. For example, users could display the start, sheet metal, and IronCAD Mechanical catalogs all on a second monitor to seamlessly drag and
drop objects/commands from the desired catalog without having to toggle to each catalog.
- Change Units by Click Units on the Status Bar
- A simple improvement to allow the user to click on the status bar units to bring up the controls to change the units has been implemented.
- Replace Part With Links
- Ability to perform a Ctrl Drag from catalog to replace parts that are linked. Previously it would break the link and replace the single object.
Now it will retain the links and replace all the linked objects.
- Symmetrical Handle On/Off Dynamic Control Behavior
- Options have been added to enable or disable the symmetrical toggle handle on IntelliShape handles. When enabled, the option appears on the
sizebox dimension handle and it will remember the handle state based on what was last selected. When disabled, the handle behavior will not remember
the selection state when clicking on/off the IntelliShape and allows user to just use the CTRL-Left-Click to select multiple handles for editing
- Open Options for DWG/DXF
- Options are available when opening DWG/DXF to determine which environment to open in. New options can display these options on open or you can
access these options in the open dialog manually.
- Options for Search Behavior in Catalogs
- In the catalogs, you can type and search for the desired components within the catalog. Options are available to dynamically search as you type
or to search after "Enter" is pressed.
General Modeling Improvements
- Ability to Set Front View Definition on Any Object
- New options to allow the user to define the Front View Definition for objects that may not have a planar face such as a cylinder. Users
can set advance horizontal locations that are based on the anchor or global coordinates.
- Sheet Metal Convert to Sheet metal with Rip Tool
- The convert to sheet metal tool has been enhanced to allow a rip feature definition during the command. This is useful for objects that
do not have a defined bend.
- Sheet Metal Step Unfold/Refold
- New features that appear in the feature tree to allow unfold/refold of specified bends have been added. This is useful for documentation
flow or for editing the area that is unfolded.
- Sheet Metal Corner Break
- A new command has been added to add corner features to sheet metal either a chamfer or blend as an entire part level. This allows for
quick editing of the sheet metal to remove all sharp edges for example on the exterior of the sheet metal (this will not edit form geometry).
- Sheet Metal Bend Type Change at Feature Level
- A new option has been added on the bend IntelliShape right-clicks menu to set the bend alignment type. This was previously accessible at
the part level handles only.
- Support for the Latest Translator Versions
- IronCAD's support for Native Translator formats such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/E, Unigraphics, and Catia have been updated to support
newer formats. The following versions are supported for the 2020 release:
- CATIA V5: V5R8 – V5–6R2019
- Pro/E (CREO): 16 – Creo 6.0
- UG NX: 11 – NX 1847
- Inventor: V11 – V2020
- SolidWorks: 98 – 2020
- SolidEdge: V18 – ST11
- JT Import: 8 – 10.2
- KeyShot 9 Support
- IronCAD Design Collaboration Suite 2020 fully supports the latest KeyShot 9 release to create amazing visuals fast. The real-time 3D rendering
workflow displays results instantly and reduces the time it takes to create realistic product shots. From scientifically accurate material and
environment presets to advanced material editing and animation, creating interactive product visuals or sales and marketing imagery has never been
- 2D Detailing for 3D Data
- IronCAD Draft is an affordable, powerful 2D CAD software with an easy-to-learn user interface and unique 3D integration capabilities. Use IronCAD Draft to
analyze, leverage, render, and reference 3D model data created by customers and colleagues while still working in a 2D CAD environment with a
familiar user interface and common tools for detailing.
- Time-Saving Parts Library
- Included in IronCAD Draft is a library that contains hundreds of standard part designs with associated parametric data. Simply drag and drop desired
parts into the design environment and specify parameters. Parts will be automatically created and laid out in a standard 2D CAD software
presentation, saving countless hours of design time.
- Leveraging Legacy Data & Expertise
- IronCAD Draft will not only import files from any major 2D CAD software while retaining technical data, it can also be used to convert those designs
into 3D catalogs so that they can be leveraged for future projects. Supporting AutoCAD commands, IronCAD Draft promises an easy learning curve for 2D CAD
veterans wishing to collaborate with colleagues working in 3D and eventually transition to 3D themselves.