IronCAD Draft: 2D CAD Software That Bridges the Gap to 3D. Perfect for 2D Detailing
is an extremely powerful 2D mechanical drafting tool with an easy to learn, industry standard user interface and a unique 3D integration
capability. Part of IronCAD
's Design Collaboration Suite, IronCAD Draft
enables users to work in 2D but also to view, leverage, analyze, render and reference 3D
model data created by suppliers customers and colleagues. In addition to this, the program offers CAXA 2D design and IronCAD
3D integration for
flexibility and efficiency.
Large Assembly Performance
- Graphical Interaction
- New capabilities have been added to enhance graphical interaction with large data sets to boost performance in ranges such as 10x
increase. IronCAD Draft provides the ability to add realism to designs using the Smart Paint settings for such things as reflection, textures, decals, etc.
However, these settings can impact the overall performance when dealing with large data sets. In the background settings under realistic, dynamic
mode, a new option has been added for Simplified Model Surface Display which will optimize IronCAD rendering performance.
- Mechanism Interaction
- When dealing with large data sets, new options in the mechanism mode are available to improve the performance so you can test the
range of motion of your designs. Controls have been added to limit the collision detection to the dragging object and/or the moving objects. This
reduces time attempting to calculate the entire modeling environment for collision.
Sharing & Collaboration
- Shrink Wrap Utility
- A new utility to simplify models for securely sharing designs has been added to the Assembly Ribbon bar. Specify critical
parts/assemblies to keep, what to remove, and size settings for hiding parts, assemblies, and holes and click OK. The utility will process the
model and generate a simplified ICS file that is reduced in size and that can be shared with collaborators.
- Support for Latest Kernel, Solver, and Translator Formats
- IronCAD's core systems have been updated to support the latest improvements in the modeling, solving and Native Translators. With the
latest release of the IronCAD DCS, you will have access to the following versions of CAD file formats using our Native Translators.
- CATIA V5: V5R8 – V5–6R2017
- Pro/E (CREO): 16 – Creo 4.0
- UG NX: 11 – NX 11.0.0
- Inventor: V11 – V2017
- SolidWorks: 98 – 2017
- SolidEdge: V18 – ST9
- Heads-Up Quick Selection Based Commands
- Improvements have been made to the previous "S" key command structure to be visible full time to give users access to commands in the
design space, reducing mouse travel and need-to-know hidden commands. Click on the setting command at the top of the circle to access additional
settings or to customize the commands. When the Quick Commands appear, simply move outside of the circle to make it disappear or hit the "S" key
on your keyboard to make it disappear/appear.
- Part Numbering for Patterned Parts
- Patterning parts typically creates a BOM of a single line item with multiple instances. In some cases, you may want to call out the
parts individually, which is now possible with the new setting for automatically generating numbering for patterns. This setting can be found on
the TriBall Pattern capabilities.
- Specification for Front View Orientation
- To streamline the drawing view projection process, users can now select and define the front view direction on parts versus using
IronCAD's default determination. This is useful for setting up proper view orientations in your drawings without worrying about the orientation of
the part in the scene. This setting can be found in the right-click menu on a part labeled "Front View Definition."
- TriBall Create Multiple Instances at Centerpoint Support
- Using the "Create Multiple Instances" with the TriBall, new options are available to "Copy/Link to Point/Center Point." During this
command, use the standard "Shift key-Click" on arcs/circles to snap to the center at multiple locations in one command.
DRAFT Environment Improvements
- 3D Interface Ribbon Bar Improvements
- Within the 3D Interface Ribbon Bar, the dimension commands have been added to reduce time toggling between ribbons during the
- Detail View Support for Broken Views
- Detail view creation is now supported on broken views within the DRAFT environment to improve detailing capabilities.
- Detail View Label Adjustment
- New controls have been added to allow the detail view label position to be adjusted. Simply click on the detail view circle and pull
the label handle to adjust its position.
- Section View Direction Toggle
- A new option has been added to allow the reversing of the section direction after the section view has been created. Right-click on
the section line and select "Switch Direction."
- Visible Weld Bead
- A new tool to create a weld bead along a curve has been added, including V-butt welds and fillet welds.
- Materials to Hatch Patterns
- Using IronCAD's Materials, you can define corresponding hatch patterns that can be automatically applied in sectioning commands. Using
a customizable XML file, you can define custom hatch patterns for materials in the IronCAD's scene environment.
- Improved Installation Process
- Further improvements from 2017 PU1 SP1 have been made to simplify the installation process and to make it clear to new users.
- License Manager Support for USB Activations
- Better process for updating an existing dongle for the new version licenses.
- Improved Navigation in Tools/Options
- The Tools/Options dialog has been improved to support better navigation within the dialog and to support more options.
- 2D Detailing for 3D Data
- IronCAD Draft is an affordable, powerful 2D CAD software with an easy-to-learn user interface and unique 3D integration capabilities. Use IronCAD Draft to
analyze, leverage, render, and reference 3D model data created by customers and colleagues while still working in a 2D CAD environment with a
familiar user interface and common tools for detailing.
- Time-Saving Parts Library
- Included in IronCAD Draft is a library that contains hundreds of standard part designs with associated parametric data. Simply drag and drop desired
parts into the design environment and specify parameters. Parts will be automatically created and laid out in a standard 2D CAD software
presentation, saving countless hours of design time.
- Leveraging Legacy Data & Expertise
- IronCAD Draft will not only import files from any major 2D CAD software while retaining technical data, it can also be used to convert those designs
into 3D catalogs so that they can be leveraged for future projects. Supporting AutoCAD commands, IronCAD Draft promises an easy learning curve for 2D CAD
veterans wishing to collaborate with colleagues working in 3D and eventually transition to 3D themselves.