MODO for SolidWorks Kit
Allows SolidWorks users to tap into the visualization power of MODO 901, 801, 701, 601 and 501
The MODO for SolidWorks Kit
is for design and engineering visualization professionals working with SolidWorks
data. MODO for SolidWorks Kit
users to tap into the complete visualization power of modo
to produce high-quality presentations and animations that bring designs to life.
MODO for SolidWorks Kit
facilitates the use of SolidWorks
model inside of modo
; one of the most powerful 3D visualization software tools available. As you load SolidWorks
parts, bodies and assemblies into modo
, their original appearances and decals are retained. The Kit provides options for efficiently importing your data, providing access to modo
data structures that conserve memory and leverage instanced geometry across the scene. Inside modo
, you are presented with a familiar SolidWorks
-style layout and navigation controls, along with drag and drop support for changing materials and selecting lighting environments.
MODO for SolidWorks Kit provides
- Enhanced SolidWorks import
- The MODO for SolidWorks Kit provides additional import options for bringing SolidWorks parts, bodies and assemblies into modo. Benefits include reduced memory usage for large files and the ability to use instances for ease of editing and reduced overhead.
- PhotoView 360 compatibility
- Your model opens in modo with the same appearance and decal information as shown in SolidWorks.
- Familiar navigation for SolidWorks users
- The Kit provides user interface and navigation similar to SolidWorks and PhotoView 360 so you have a comfortable and consistent set of controls to work with as you leverage the advanced capabilities of modo.
- Efficient Tools for Selecting and Reorganizing Imported Models:
- MODO for SolidWorks Kit provides tools for the often complex task of re-organizing your model data so that it is easier to apply materials. You can select imported data by appearance, part, body or face and create new layers in modo to highlight specific parts of your design.
- Library of additional materials to apply to your models
- MODO for SolidWorks Kit includes the Product and Automotive Design Kit at no extra charge, which provides a library of material presets beyond those included with modo. This allows you to mimic real-world surfaces like leather, carpet, tinted glass and mesh grills – or even "x-ray" materials that reveal interior portions of your designs. The three hundred and fifty included presets let you showcase every surface, curve, line and silhouette of your model with ease.
- Studio lighting environments let you quickly light your models:
- MODO for SolidWorks Kit includes the Studio Environments Set 1 Kit at no extra charge. This provides a set of 51 HDRI spherical images complete with ground planes for easily obtaining professional-quality studio lighting for product shots and engineering visualizations.
- Training videos get you up to speed fast
- Training videos prepared by experts in both SolidWorks and modo guide you in the use of Kit, including the SolidWorks-specific user interface, CAD tools, workflow and rendering creation.
Note: You need not have SolidWorks
available on your system or network to use the MODO for SolidWorks Kit
. MODO for SolidWorks Kit
is for use with the Windows versions of modo only (Macintosh is not supported).
Features of the MODO for SolidWorks Kit
- Loads SolidWorks 2009, 2010 and 2011 model sldprt, sldasm (Windows 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Reads material edits from files saved in PhotoView 360 (2010) including appearances and decals
- SolidWorks viewport navigation style (zoom, pan, rotate)
- PhotoView 360 component selection modes (Part, Body, Face, Appearance)
- Drag/Drop Material and Drag/Drop Environment preset application
- PhotoView 360 style render quality presets
- Convert Bodies to Meshes and/or Static meshes
- Convert Parts to Meshes and/or Static meshes
- Select Connected by Face/Part/Body/Appearance (select a polygon and then choose the command to select all polygons tagged with the same data)
- New Mesh from Selection (Performs Select Connected, and then places them into a new mesh item with option to rename new layer
- New Mesh from Face/Part/Body/Appearance (User sets mode, selects a polygon and runs the command to create new mesh with option to rename new layer)
- Includes nine training videos (described below)
- Library of pre-built materials presets (Product and Automotive Design Kit) are included in the Kit
- Library of pre-built studio lighting environments (Studio Environmental Set 1) are included in the Kit
In order to work properly, your copy of MODO for SolidWorks Kit
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought