New in version 2 of DOSCH HDRI: Nature V2
: 15 additional HDRIs in a very high resolution of 10,000 x 5,000 pixel have been added. High Dynamic Range Images - or HDRI for short are the lighting technology for truly realistic 3D-Design. The extra illumination info of a scene which is wrapped into the HDRI-surround image gives your radiosity-scenes a new degree of realism.
The product line Dosch HDRI offers the user a high-quality and comprehensive library of HDRI effects for the direct use in high-end 3D-Design and animation applications. This technology saves the 3D-designer from elaborate manual definition of multiple light-sources and also from lengthy experimenting with color choice and light-volume. The HDRIs also contain the information whether there is a direct light-source (e.g. sun, spot light) with defined shadows - or a cloudy sky/neon lights with diffuse light and "soft" shadows.
But also the color spectrum of the real scene (environment) has great effect on the virtual, rendered object or scene. The color of things (e.g. trees, gras, forest ground) in the surroundings for instance will impact the appearance of the rendered 3D-model; likewise will the fiery red-tone of a sunset cloud create a realistic mood of such an event in reality.
-Images of various natural scenes are provided in the most widely used formats:
- Light-Probe (Angular Map)
- Spherical Map (Latitude-Longitude)
All HDRIs are license-free and can therefore be used without any additional cost in all commercial productions.
- and therefore the use of HDRIs is directly supported in many 3D-applications like 3dsmax 6, VizRender 2005, Viz 2005, Lightwave (version 6.0 and higher), Softimage|XSI, Maya & Mentalray, Pixar RenderMan, Autodesk VIZ4, messiah:render (Arnold), Bryce 6, InSight (Integra), 3ds-max & VRay, 3ds-max & Brazil r/s (Splutterfish), 3ds-max & finalRender (Cebas), Cinema4D Version 8.1, Vue5, Lightwork Render System and many more.
- High-Resolution HDRIs
The HDRIs of this collection (V1 content) are provided in the following resolutions - and are therefore also perfectly suited for background use.
- Light-Probe - 2048x2048 Pixel
- Light-Probe Small - 512x512 Pixel
- Spherical Map - 2048x1024 Pixel
- Vertical Cross - 2048x1536 Pixel
- Horizontal Cross - 1536x2048 Pixel
- Format: .hdr (RADIANCE Image Format)