Educational Student License
Looking for the old Rhino 5.0 Educational?
The most powerful NURBS 64 bit modeling tool for Win and Mac with full supportRhino 6.0
is the market leader in industrial design modeling software. Highly complicated shapes can be directly modeled or acquired through 3D
With its powerful NURBS
based engine Rhino 6.0
can create, edit, analyze, and translate curves, surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on
degree, or size.
's Rhino 6.0
also supports polygon meshes and point clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled modeling power McNeel
lets you focus on designing, not on cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Key Features and Benefits
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in high-end systems. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering,
animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Development platform for hundreds of specialty 3D products.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees.
What's New in Rhino 6.0
- In Rhino 6.0, McNeel fully embraced Grasshopper - the wildly popular visual programming language - by "baking it in." Grasshopper is no longer beta; it's a stable development environment. McNeel has also rewritten some features and renovated workflows that needed fundamental overhauls to make them truly productive.
- The long beta period is over: Grasshopper, the world's most beautiful programming language, is now a full-fledged part of Rhino. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to robotic control.
- Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting "buy-in" from clients, customers, collaborators, or the public at large. McNeel has improved Rhino 6.0 with the aim of helping you present your work: be it "quick and dirty" or "high-res glossy." With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it's now easier and faster to present, discuss, make decisions, and iterate.
- Rhino's new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimizations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
- Modeling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. McNeel has refined many parts of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout. It's now easier to convey accurately and clearly the what and the how of your design.
- Licensing & Administration
- McNeel has worked hard to make Rhino easier to install, license, and configure. There's a great new option to license Rhino using the Cloud Zoo. Please check out the new System Requirements as well.
- Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customizable results.
- Rhino Refinements
- Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modeling session. In Rhino 6.0, McNeel has fixed hundreds of minor bugs and consolidated disparate - but similar - features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.
- Development Platform
- Rhino is more than just a modeler. With a rich ecosystem of plugins and an open set of development tools, Rhino is quickly becoming the development platform for those seeking to push the envelope of design. Rhino 6.0 brings major improvements to our free SDKs, with API refinements, better documentation, and more access to Rhino commands from Grasshopper.
- McNeel has constantly improving Rhino. Rhino 6.0 users have access to the Serengeti community and our Work-In-Progress (WIP) builds. The WIP builds are where McNeel is developing future features like SubD support, Grasshopper 2, a new real-time rendering engine, and much more.
Educational License Features
Rhino 6.0 Educational Student License
The most powerful NURBS 64 bit modeling tool for Win and Mac with full support.
This Product is Also Known As
Rhino 3D Student
Rhino 6 Student
Rhino 6.0 Edu
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Primary school, secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order ONE
single-user educational license each with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide the following
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Primary school, secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Provide one of the following
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought