is the market leader in industrial design modeling software, architectural design and CAD
. Highly complicated shapes can be directly
modeled or acquired through 3D digitizers. With its powerful NURBS
based engine Rhino 6.0
can create, edit, analyze, and translate curves,
surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size.
's Rhino 6 also supports polygon meshes and point clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled NURBS modeling
power Rhino Software lets you focus on designing, not on cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Grasshopper for Rhino (included)
Grasshopper provides the foundation for many third-party components ranging from environmental
analysis to robotic control. The Grasshopper 3D bundled with Rhino 6 is the same Grasshopper you have been using, plus many enhancements.
Kangaroo - the interactive dynamic relaxation solver/physics engine, is now included.
Design Presentation with Rhino
Snapshots allow you to save - and return to - states of the appearance your model.
ViewCaptureToFile and ViewCaptureToClipboard now have a handy dialog.
Fast, interactive raytracing in the viewport, accelerated on the GPU of modern CUDA and
OpenCL graphics cards.
The default rendering settings are much cleaner in Rhino 6.
We've made it easier to create and assign materials, with new simple materials stripped of their geeky
names, and a material library packed full of ready-to-use, real-world scale textures.
We've also added per-face material assignment - finally eliminates the step of extracting faces just to
change the material.
Decal Placement is simplified and easier to use.
UV Unwrapping now works on multiple objects, making it easier to set up texture maps.
Clarity controls for reflection...
Key Features and Benefits
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in high-end systems. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering,
animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Development platform for hundreds of specialty 3D products.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees.
- McNeel fully embraced Grasshopper - the wildly popular visual programming language - by "baking it in." Grasshopper 3D is no longer
beta; it's a stable development environment. McNeel has also rewritten some features and renovated workflows that needed fundamental overhauls to
make them truly productive.
- The long beta period is over: Grasshopper 3D, the world's most beautiful programming language, is now a full-
fledged part of Rhino. Used in some of the most ambitious design projects of the past decade, Grasshopper, like Rhino, has become a robust
development platform. Grasshopper provides the solid foundation for many incredible third-party components ranging from environmental analysis to
- Presentation is key: during nearly every phase of design, you need to communicate, getting "buy-in" from clients, customers,
collaborators, or the public at large. McNeel has improved Rhino with the aim of helping you present your work: be it "quick and dirty" or "high-res
glossy." With major changes to Rendering, Materials, or just plain capturing the viewport, it's now easier and faster to present, discuss, make
decisions, and iterate.
- Rhino 6.0's new display pipeline is faster, more stable, and uses features found on modern graphics hardware, like
GPU sensitive shaders and memory optimizations. This results in fewer GPU-specific display glitches and more
consistent, beautiful, and frequent frames, even with large models. In some conditions, display speed can be up to 300% faster.
- Modeling is just one part of the design process; you also need to show how to build what is on the screen. McNeel has refined many parts
of the documentation workflow, from a completely reworked annotation-style interface, to better DWG support, and RichText throughout.
It's now easier to convey accurately and clearly the what and the how of your design.
- Licensing & Administration
- McNeel has worked hard to make Rhino easier to install, license, and configure. There's a great new option to license Rhino using the
Cloud Zoo (see paragraph below). Please check out the new System Requirements as well.
- Make2D has been completely rewritten to provide faster, better, cleaner, more customizable results.
- Rhino Refinements
- Small quirks add up to painful paper cuts over the course of a prolonged modeling session. In Rhino 6.0, McNeel has fixed hundreds of minor
bugs and consolidated disparate - but similar - features into single commands, making Rhino much more refined.
- Development Platform
- Rhino 6.0 is more than just a CAD 3D modeler. With a rich ecosystem of plugins and an open set of development tools, Rhino is quickly
the development platform for those seeking to push the envelope of design. Rhino 6.0 brings major improvements to our free SDKs, with API
refinements, better documentation, and more access to Rhino commands from Grasshopper.
- McNeel is constantly improving Rhino. Rhino 6.0 users have access to the Serengeti Community and our Work-In-Progress (WIP) builds. The
WIP builds are where McNeel is developing future features like SubD support, Grasshopper 2, a new real-time rendering engine, and much more.
What is the Cloud Zoo?
is a new option: It does not replace the existing license key system or Zoo, you can continue to use them.
Cloud Zoo is a cloud-based license management system that:
- Allows you to use Rhino by logging into the Cloud Zoo using your Rhino Account.
- Allows you to track and manage your licenses and users.
- Keeps track of the licenses you own.
- Manages your licenses across multiple computers and users. (Run anywhere your license allows)
- Allows you to use Rhino on multiple machines as long as you abide by the license agreement.
Latest Rhino 6.0 Webinar from Novedge
This Product is Also Known As