Upgrade to Rhino 6: Upgrade from Rhino 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Commercial or Student to the new Rhino 6. It's time to upgrade
Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 From Any Previous Versions
will upgrade from any Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or Rhino 5.0 to Rhino 6.0
, the most significant upgrade in the history of Rhino
This is the upgrade from any Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or Rhino 5.0 to Rhino 6.0
, the most significant upgrade in the history of
We recommend to upgrade your old Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or 5.0
to a brand new Rhino 6.0
in order to benefit from several
improvements and new features introduces by Rhino 6.0
If you don't own an old Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or Rhino 5.0 you can purchase a fresh new copy of Rhino 6.0
Reasons to Upgrade
- There are more than 3,500 enhancements in Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 that make Rhino faster, able to handle much larger models, the most stable version
- Modeling Highlights
- Object creation in Rhino continues to be enhanced. In Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 there are dozens of refines to the existing tools, along with a few new
commands and new extrusion objects.
- Editing Enhancements
- Editing complex model is faster and easier with hundreds of new and enhanced commands including: Direct sub-object manipulation,
Thin-wall shelling, History support for more commands, Dozens of new and enhanced commands
- Interface Enhancements
- The Rhino 6 interface includes new tools for editing and object creation, including: Gumball object manipulation widget, Object
Selection tools enhancements, Object Snap enhancements, Toolbars with tabs, Docking panels, and much more.
- Display Enhancements
- The Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 goals included are: Speed improvements, Quick viewport display configuration, Working display modes expanded and enhanced,
Presentation and rendered display modes expanded and enhanced, Display mode plug-in support enhanced, Plus many other improvements, including
draw order support, two-point perspective, and enhanced clipping planes.
- Rendering Enhancements
- High quality presentation is critical to most design projects. Rhino 6 has greatly enhanced the rendering tools in both the basic
Rhino Renderer and support of plug-in renderers. Including major enhancements to: Rhino Renderer, Materials, textures, and environments, Views
(Cameras), Lighting, Mesh modifiers, Post-rendering modifiers, Animation
- Drafting and Printing Enhancements
- For almost every type of physical product design, technical illustration and 2-D drawing are used to concisely communicate ideas,
specifications, and instructions to people in design, development, and fabrication. Our goal for Rhino 6 is to make it easier to create 2-D
drawings and illustrations for every discipline in every notation system and visual style used around the world. Major areas of enhancement
include: More control over annotation styles, History support for dimensions, Text field in text and leaders, Area and curve length dimensions,
Revision clouds, Isometric views, Draw order, More page layout controls, Print calibration, High-res viewport capture
- Mesh Enhancements
- There are both new and enhanced mesh tools, plus support for double-precision meshes to accurately represent and display ground forms
such as the 3-D topography of a large city.
- 3-D Capture Enhancements
- Rhino has always directly supported both 3-D digitizing hardware and 3-D scanned point cloud data. Rhino's 64-bit support and
enhanced support for graphic co-processors has made it possible to work with these large point clouds. LIDARcaptures 3-D terrain data for
agriculture, archaeology, conservation, geology, land use planning, surveying, transportation, plus wind farm, solar farm, and cell tower
deployment optimization. In addition, Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 added robust support for plug-ins, such as Rhino Terrain, that provide specialty tools for these
new Rhino users.
- Analysis Enhancements
- Rhino 6 includes 9 new tools and more than 15 enhancements to help ensure that the 3-D models used throughout your process are
the highest possible quality.
- Large projects Enhancements
- There are more than 25 new commands and major enhancements for working with large teams to organize, manage, and administer massive
projects and for organizing and working on large files.
- Compatibility Enhancements
- Nine new import/export file formats, more than 50 new compatibility enhancements, and more than 150 minor bug fixes. Also, the
updated openNURBS libraries allow hundreds of other applications to read and write Upgrade to Rhino 6.0's native 3DM files.
- New Software developer tools
- Enhancements for users and third-party developers.
Support & Maintenance
Technical support for Upgrade to Rhino 6.0 From Any Previous Versions
is available directly from McNeel
by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone from 8am to noon, and between 1pm to 5pm Pacific Time at the number (206) 545-6877. For more technical support information and options please visit the Robert McNeel tech support page