RealFlow | 3ds Maxgives you the best in fluid simulation, directly inside 3ds Max. This new version is built on Next Limit's Dyverso Multiphysics solver – so you get the best simulation quality and performance, with an easy workflow. Forget about going back and forth between 3D platforms. RealFlow | 3ds Maxis GPU accelerated, supporting CUDA and OpenCL.
Stay in 3ds Max to perform your liquid, granular, viscous and viscoelastic simulations. RealFlow | 3ds Maxis available for Autodesk 3ds Max 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Familiar Workflow For a Great Simulation Experience
- You only need a few clicks to get RealFlow | 3ds Maxrunning. Ready-to-use force daemons, GPU-powered fluids and materials, and a fast OpenVDB mesher make it easy to achieve the perfect simulation.
- Liquids are a classic in RealFlow, but RealFlow | 3ds Maxalso features granulars, viscous and viscoelastic materials. Sand can be washed away by water, cream floats on top of coffee… Your creativity is the limit!
- GPU-Powered Simulations
- The entire range of fluids and materials is GPU-accelerated. Unleash your ideas with more turnarounds in less time! With CUDA and OpenCL support you can start to take advantage of your powerful graphics card.
- OpenVDB Mesh Engine
- An artist-friendly interface, fast and effective filters, and our advanced meshing technology let you create and fine-tune millions of polygons in seconds. RealFlow | 3ds Maxmeshes also store data like age or velocity for a perfect render experience. And weight maps allow for the creation of colourful mixing effects.
- Seamless Integration
RealFlow | 3ds Max lets you leverage your RFConnect knowledge without needing it anymore. It doesn't stop there, you can turn objects straightaway into obstacles and emitters, render complex meshes or create particles from shapes.
- Accurate Particle-Object Interaction
RealFlow | 3ds Max interacts with 3ds Max builtin object types through the new RFCollider (WSM). You can use objects as obstacles and containers, let animated bodies collide with fluids to create impressive splashes, and control the interaction through a wide range of physical properties such as friction, stickiness or bounciness.
- Forces and Falloffs
- Forces are a key element in RealFlow | 3ds Maxand they are introduced through a wide variety of daemons. Many daemons can be controlled and limited with completely customizable falloffs to shape their behaviour and scope. Typical examples are gravity, attraction or wind.
- Creative Tools
- Creativity and control. Impressive crown splashes, entwined spline emitters, swirling splashes, and thin sheets of fluids moving in slow-motion. All this – and many more – is right at your finger tips with RealFlow | 3ds Max.
- Initial States
- Initial states can be created from arbitrary simulation frames and used as a starting point for a new simulation pass. This feature does certainly not sound very spectacular, but initial states are definitely on of the biggest time savers in RealFlow | 3ds Max.
- Objects and Textures
- Objects and textures work both ways in RealFlow | 3ds Max. You can use the object texture to emit particles, customize properties like its friction or generate new textures where particles leave wet marks on an object's surface.
- See in Action
- Check out our hands-on videos to learn more about how to use RealFlow | 3ds Max.
In order to work properly, your copy of RealFlow | 3ds Max requires:
3ds Max 2020
3ds Max 2020: Realize your most complex, creative ideas