PDPlayer University License is a professional image sequence player and viewer for the 3D, CG and VFX industry. It supports most industry standard file formats including EXR, HDR, DPX, CIN, R3D, TGA, SGI, IFF, PIC and VRIMG. Multiple layers can be color-corrected and composed together in real time. Pdplayer is fast and lightweight solution, it starts quickly and flips through frames with ease.
- Layered Sequence Playback
- Pdplayer supports an unlimited number of layers, arranged on an infinite workspace. Each layer containing a sequence or a movie clip is cached independently, and the cache is not destroyed by most changes. This allows for multiple layers to be played simultaneously while applying changes in real time.
- 2K+ Playback with 3D Lup
- Pdplayer is resolution-independent and is only limited by the CPU power, when playing from RAM, or by the speed of the storage, when playing from disk. On a Core i7, it can play back Ultra HD images (7680x4320) from RAM, as long as enough memory is available for caching. 2K DPX images can be played back from disk without caching, given a sufficiently fast (16 drive, for example) disk array. For film work, or in other workflows in which accurate color reproduction is needed, Pdplayer can apply 3D lookup tables to the images when playing back footage.
- Real-Time Color Corrections
- Pdplayer provides controls for exposure, soft clip, lift,gamma, gain, brightness, contrast, hue and saturation. Changes are applied in real time during playback, without the need for an intermediate render step.
- On-Set Grading and Keying
- The live video layer shows a real-time video feed from a DirectShow capture device. Its primary purpose is on-set grading. A workstation, equipped with Pdplayer, can be used in the field for monitoring the quality of the footage, applying real-time color corrections, composing the live feed over or under CG images or even sequences, and later exporting the color settings for further processing to After Effects, Nuke, or as a 3D lookup table. When Pdplayer is used in the field, one often needs the ability to apply a color key to the live feed, if the shot is done againsta blue or a green box. Pdplayer supports two separate color keys that can be enabled in the Effects tab of the property panel.
- 64 Bit
- Working with HD, 2K and 4K resolutions requires large amounts of memory and the traditional 2GB limit of 32-bit applications quickly becomes a nuisance. Pdplayer 64, the 64-bit (x64) native version of Pdplayer, is only limited to the total amount of RAM and can comfortably handle the contemporary, memory-hungry digital workflows
- Stereoscopic Playback
- Pdplayer has built-in support for anaglyph, checkerboard and interlaced stereoscopic playback. Stereoscopic sequences - both sibling left/right images and stereoscopic EXR (SXR) images - can be detected when a layer is added, with a stereo composition being built automatically. One can also use the Add Other Stereo View command to quickly add a matching layer, or construct a stereo composition manually.
- EXR and VRIMG Image Layers
- Pdplayer can display the layers of EXR, SXR and VRIMG images. In addition, the individual channels (red, green, blue,alpha, luma, and depth) can be selected on a per-layer basis. This support for image layers allows users of 3D software and render packages to output the render elements into a single EXR (or VRIMG) file, while still being able to composite the final render in Pdplayer and use its color correction tools to quickly tweak and review the result. The Expand into Layers command can be used to quickly split an EXR image
- Support for High Dynamic Range Images
- Pdplayer does not clamp super-whites of high dynamic range images such as EXR, HDR, DPX/CIN, and floating point TIFF and RLA/RPF. The exposure and soft clip controls operate on the original dynamic range of the image.
- Red R3D Support
- Pdplayer has built-in support for R3D files, the raw format produced by the Red One camera.
- External Device Output
- Pdplayer can play sequences on external devices such as Bluefish444 or Blackmagic Decklink, allowing you to preview your work on a broadcast monitor, in the exact environment in which it would be ultimately viewed.
- Composition Prototyping
- In a world of dynamic working environments and tightdeadlines, one cannot afford to wait for a whole render to complete before starting the compositing process. Pdplayer can help. Its ability to watch an output directory and bring in the frames as they become ready allows a composition to be prototyped and reviewed as soon as the first frames come out. Each layer can be reviewed for errors, then transformed and color corrected in real time. As a final step, the prototype composition can be exported to Adobe After Effects or The Foundry's Nuke.
- Pipeline Integration
- Pdplayer has extensive command-line support, with over 250 options controlling every aspect of the composition. This makes it easy to integrate it into any production pipeline. Third party applications that have scripting capabilities (e.g.3ds Max, Maya, etc.) can control Pdplayer via the command line or by passing it a combination of options and commands in a pdpcmd file. Pdplayer can be easily integrated with Lightwave with the help of the Lightwave plug-in and render script that come with it.
Chaos Group Company Overview
Chaos Group provides innovative rendering solutions for the media, entertainment, and design industries. For over a decade the flagship rendering software, V-Ray, has set the standard for speed, quality, reliability and ease of use, and it has become the rendering engine of choice for renowned international studios. The company proudly supports the 3D community through a suite of software solutions: V-Ray for Autodesk 3ds Max
, V-Ray for Autodesk Maya
, V-Ray for Autodesk Softimage
, V-Ray for Rhino
, V-Ray for SketchUp
, Phoenix FD for Autodesk 3ds Max
, Phoenix FD for Autodesk Maya
, and Pdplayer
Proof of Academic Status
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ.
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.