Features in VRED Professional 2020 3D product visualization and virtual prototyping software enable you to create compelling product presentations, design reviews, and virtual prototypes in real time.
What's New in VRED Professional 2020
Substance Webshop Integration
Rounded Edge Effect
- Data preparation and navigation
- Camera and navigation - Interface improvements and visibility in the render view are among the many enhancements to the Camera function.
- Data preparation and scene handling - UV Editor improvements include scale Checker texture to adjust and better spot distorted areas.
- Navigation in a scene - You can navigate more easily within a VRED scene and control which objects can be selected.
- Enhanced geometry behavior - Work more easily with the geometry, promote geometry simply, and communicate your designs more effectively.
- File I/O and interoperability - Autodesk has made enhancements to the Alias wire import capability, with Alias Variants and Transform Pivots support in VRED.
- Import Alias layer structure - Wire files from Alias industrial design software are now imported with the corresponding layer and tagging information.
- Simple user interface - Create imagery faster using features such as a scene module, an animation wizard, and an improved quick access bar.
- Visual setup
- Light - Improvements to lighting within VRED scenes, as well as support for more functionality in Open GL mode.
- Human Machine Interface - Visualize and interact with HTML 5 content within a VRED scene, including immersive validation of a user HMI design in 3D.
- Pre-rendering shadows into geometry - Bake light shadows into geometry to get a more natural view of the object with fewer calculations.
- Subsurface scattering - Accurately simulate the translucent behaviors of materials such as skin, milk, wax, and plastic.
- NEW | Lens flares - Create a lens flare effect for your lights in ray tracing and open GL modes.
- NEW | Fog effect - Create an atmospheric fog effect in your scene, with controls for color, falloff, and density.
- Realistic materials - Use a wide range of photorealistic automotive virtual prototyping materials, such as glass, car paint, and metal.
- Powerful lighting options - Easily control brightness using HDR lighting to illuminate an entire scene with a high-dynamic-range picture.
- Physical camera settings - The Camera Module's physical parameters make elaborate post-processing unnecessary.
- Measured materials - Use measured materials to visualize realistic behavior based on captured material data.
- Displacement mapping - Efficiently simulate highly detailed surface structure based on texture information, in real time.
- Layered glass material - Single-sided objects can have a simulated thickness to achieve the appropriate index of refraction (IOR).
- Transform Variants - The Transform Variants function enables you to add multiple transforms as variants to the Scenegraph nodes.
- Virtual reality interaction - Get a more natural look and feel in your VR environment with hands and gestures in VRED.
- Animation Module - Create keyframe animations interactively in real time. Simulate motion sequences and produce moving images.
- Variants and VariantSets - Present different configurations of your 3D model using Variants and VariantSets.
- Support for new HMD - In addition to our VR Oculus Rift and HTC Vive support, VRED offers extended support for head mounted displays.
- Virtual reality enhancements - Improvements include omnidirectional stereo render for 360-degree style images for mobile and web VR (virtual reality).
- VRED app - Remotely control a VRED scene from your mobile device when connected to the Internet.
- Enhancements in materials - Improved metallic paint options better represent general metallic car paint for more realistic automotive virtual prototyping.
- Evaluation workflows
- Clipping module - Use 3D clipping on digital data, polygons, and even on native NURBS data.
- Annotations - Attach annotations directly to a 3D model during an interactive review.
- Alias curvature shader - Use the same curvature shader evaluation mode that is available in Alias industrial design software.
- Visual simulation - Visual simulation features help you better understand lighting distribution inside a scene.
- Layer module - Set Material override in the Render Layer module. Store multiple render passes in pre-composed layered EXR and PSD files.
- Render passes and render layer - For additional post-processing, export your render passes for further adaptions in image processing software.
- Better results with fewer cycles - A noise reduction tool for rendering provides better visual quality for interior scenes with fewer overall samples.
- Multiple rendering modes - Rendering modes help deliver various levels of display quality and speed. Switch between OpenGL and raytracing mode.
- Cluster Manager - Organize how multiple users share a cluster, schedule cluster raytracing, and manage jobs.
- Sequencer - Organize complex batch processes and execute them sequentially, on a single machine or in a CPU cluster environment.
- TrueNURBS - Build NURBS topology or rebuild an existing one. With TrueNURBS, you can load the native NURBS data from a CAD model.
- Spectral rendering - Achieve color correctness and capture realistic dispersion effects with wavelength-based spectral rendering.