- Highly-Optimized Ray Tracing - Render professional-quality, photorealistic images and animation with V-Ray's adaptive ray tracing technology.
- Powerful GPU Rendering — Now With Hybrid Mode - V-Ray GPU CUDA now renders on CPUs as well as GPUs, to take full advantage of all available hardware.
- V-Ray IPR - Fully interactive production rendering.
- V-Ray Denoiser - Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Resumable rendering - Stop your render at any point and pick up where you left off.
- Global illumination - Choose from several global illumination options – exact, approximate or a hybrid of both.
- Adaptive Lights - New algorithm that dramatically speeds up rendering in scenes with many lights.
- Accurate lights - Simulate any type of natural, artificial, or image-based lighting. With a wide range of light types, including area lights, physical sun & sky and IES lights, you can render any lighting scenario.
- Photorealistic cameras - Real-world camera controls let you work like a photographer. Render images with detailed depth of field and cinematic motion blur.
- Interactive lens effects - Instantly add GPU-accelerated glare and bloom for added photorealism. Fine-tune lens effects interactively while you render.
- Virtual reality - Experience your project in virtual reality. Create content for popular VR headsets with 6x1 cubic and spherical stereo camera types.
- Physically-based materials - Create any type of physical material. From multilayered car paint to accurate subsurface scattering, you can make any material imaginable.
- ALsurface material - General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands includes built-in SSS controls; popular for skin.
- Glossy fresnel - New, physically-accurate reflection model.
Educational License Features
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max 1-Year Edu (Student) License by Chaos Group.
V-Ray for 3ds Max for Students: Advanced Ray-Tracing for 3ds Max. Includes one floating user license, one floating render node license.
Proof of Academic Status
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ.
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.