With powerful V-Ray Scene Intelligence, fully redesigned IPR, and 2X faster GPU production rendering, V-Ray Next is smarter, faster, and more powerful than ever. Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray Next for Maya is a full suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya. V-Ray Next for Maya focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
- Powerful CPU Rendering
- Highly-optimized, adaptive ray tracing for the best combination of fast rendering and superior image quality.
- Incredibly Fast GPU Rendering
- Get an additional speed boost with GPU-accelerated look development and final frame rendering.
- Hybrid Rendering
- V-Ray GPU CUDA now renders on CPUs as well as GPUs, to take full advantage of all available hardware.
- Resumable Rendering
- Stop your render at any point and continue where you left off.
- Adaptive Lights
- Fast new lighting algorithm that speeds up rendering in scenes with many lights.
- Accurate Lights
- Render natural, artificial and image-based lighting with a wide range of light types, shapes and controls.
- Global Illumination
- Choose from ray traced and hybrid global illumination methods for the perfect balance of quality and speed.
- Physical Cameras
- Simulate any camera and lens with controls for exposure, depth of field and motion blur.
- Physical Materials
- Create physically-based materials with multiple layers – now with GTR/GGX shading for great looking reflections.
- Unique Shaders
- Choose from a collection of specialty and purpose-built shaders for SSS, skin, hair and more.
- Alsurface Material
- General-purpose shader with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections — popular for skin.
- MDL Materials
- Now supporting NVIDIA's universal Material Definition Language format.
- VRscans Library Support
- Compatible with over 600 ultra-realistic scanned materials.
- Rounded Corners
- Generate perfectly smooth edges at render-time with no extra modeling.
- Triplanar Mapping
- Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
- Efficient Textures
- Work with multi-resolution tiled textures from top applications MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.
- Proxy Objects
- Fit massive scenes into memory and cut render times using load-on-demand proxy objects.
- Hair & Fur
- Render realistic hair with support for Maya hair and fur, XGen, Ornatrix, Shave and a Haircut, and Yeti.
- Render optimized volumetric effects and import OpenVDB files from Realflow and Houdini.
- Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Render Elements
- Output a complete set of beauty, utility, and matte passes for total control in compositing.
- Full Light Select Render Element
- Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements for accurate light mixing in post.
- Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer
- Track render history, fine tune colors, and match final output with advanced color management.
Educational License Features
V-Ray Next for Maya 1-Year Edu (Student) License by Chaos Group.
V-Ray for Maya for Students: Interactive rendering on GPU and enhanced functionality. One floating user license, one floating render node license.
Proof of Academic Status
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ.
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.