Share a copy of MODO 12 over your network.MODO 12 Floating License
is your starting point for creative exploration. Whether you're creating addictive real-time experiences, innovative product designs, compelling
advertising images, or engaging film and video content, MODO 12
's artist-friendly tools let you iterate freely to realize your ideas' full creative
Why MODO 12?
- The Industry's Fastest Modeling Toolset - With fast direct modeling, flexible procedural modeling, the award-winning MeshFusion Boolean
toolset and built-in sculpting tools all working together, Modo's modeling moxie is unmatched.
- A Sandbox For Creative Exploration - Free yourself from creativity-killing constraints, with Modo's intuitive, artist-friendly toolset.
From roughing out volumes to creating highly detailed forms, MODO 12 lets you focus on creation, not construction.
- Faster iterations - With its advanced photorealistic viewport and progressive renderer, and WYSIWYG look-dev for Unity and Unreal, MODO 12
lets you visualize your designs as you develop them, so you can discover their ultimate potential in less time.
- A Custom Fit For Your Workflow - Build your own kit of specialized tools by combining different operations, with Modo's flexible tool
assembly system. With Modo, every job you do becomes easier, as you continually develop new efficiencies.
- Out-of-the-box value - MODO 12 offers modeling, sculpting, texturing, painting and photorealistic rendering in one cohesive, easy-to-use
content creation package, with unlimited network rendering capabilities included.
- The Perfect Fit For Your Pipeline - Modo fits right into your pipeline, with Python and C++ APIs; a
fully customizable UI; and support for industry-standard formats like OpenSubdiv, OpenColorIO, OpenEXR, OpenVDB and Alembic.
- glTF 2.0 Export to Facebook
- Developed in conjunction with Facebook's new '3D Posts' functionality, artists can now create 3D objects in Modo and then share them on the Facebook News Feed. Facebook users can then grab, spin and interact with the objects to look at them from all angles. This technology presents artists with a unique opportunity to create more engaging and compelling content, whilst offering users the opportunity to enjoy interactive 3D experiences on Facebook.
- Mesh Paint Refinements
- Modo's Mesh Paint tool has been brought up-to-date and enhanced, allowing you to quickly bash out models and environments faster than ever before. With the ability to now paint random presets, you can utilize asset libraries in new and exciting ways, and the new array paint modes give you greater control when painting more ordered collections of objects.
- MeshFusion Surface Strips
- MeshFusion is significantly enhanced with Surface Strips, an innovative new feature that works by allowing the creation of strip geometry or topology that lies flush on any Fusion Item surface. This provides a wide range of opportunities for Post-Fusion modeling with either Procedural operations or direct modeling of the Fusion Output Mesh. The most obvious examples are channels and ridges along arbitrary paths — but the range of applications is much much wider, allowing artists to explore iterations more creatively than ever before.
- Modeling and Design Creation Enhancements
- The Jitter tool has new options to randomize the position, scale and rotation of connected geometry within a single Item. It also works with connected selections, allowing you to quickly add subtle realism in situations where previously it would have been difficult. It's now possible to model even faster in a single 3D viewport by moving objects towards you and away from you without having to interact directly with any transform handles. And a new tool handle has been added to the Vertex Slide tool, giving you greater control when tweaking the position of vertices in a mesh.
- New Procedural Mesh Operations
- A Triangulate MeshOp has been added, which lets you export triangulated models in a non- destructive manner. The Merge Mesh operator can now read replicator items as geometry inputs, allowing replicated geometry to be manipulated using procedural modeling tools, and providing an easy way to convert a replicator item into a single mesh item for export. It's now possible to modulate the shape of an Item Falloff via the Mini Graph Editor, allowing for a much wider array of falloff effects when rigging or procedural modelling. The new Falloff Operator lets you drive Mesh Operation Falloffs via a range of scene and geometric parameters.
- Cloud Assets and Foundry Share Site
- Creating, sharing and downloading preset assets has been improved. Cloud Assets can now be dragged and dropped into the item tree or directly into the Modo viewport. Just want to download the assets and not apply them to your scene? Use the new download badge that appears in the upper left of the preset thumbnail. The process of preset creation has also been significantly streamlined. It's now possible to create any preset type by simply dragging from it's location in the UI into any preset browser.
- UV Tools and Workflow Refinements
- Modo's fast and nimble workflows continue to be refined, with UI optimization and new toolbar menu options making it easier to manage 3rd party Modo Add-ons. The Modo Modes toolbar has been re-organized for more consistency, with a number of modes now having improved workflows, vastly reducing the number of clicks involved in a standard Modo modelling session, while the UV viewport has new buttons to give easy access to a range of common display options. The Fit UVs command has new Gaps options to set border padding. Also, it's now easier to align multiple UV selections in one go.
- The Hatchet Collection
- MODO 12 comes with a selection of python scripts from the popular Hatchet Collection, enhancing core functionality in Modo and making asset creation even more efficient. There's a wide variety of tools to convert curve types, offset curves, select random, and much more.
- Advanced Viewport GPU Acceleration
- The Advanced Viewport in Modo now uses Multi Sample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) GPU hardware to speed up anti-aliased rendering. This is a faster, rough and ready version of an also-available Supersampling method. The new GPU powered Anisotropic texture filtering provides superior viewport texture quality in virtually all cases, at the slight expense of performance.
- Rendering and Shading Improvements
- Providing a much more flexible way of rendering specific frames, a new frame range channel has been added that controls which frames are to be rendered during animation rendering. The new glTF Material Shader allows for complete WYSIWYG between Modo's native renderer, the advanced viewport, and any other application that supports the glTF shading model. A Shading Model drop-down has also been added that includes both PBR & Unlit settings.
- MODO 12 offers a unique combination of best-in-class direct modeling tools working hand-in-hand with a highly robust and flexible procedural
modeling system. Additionally, Modo features the award-winning MeshFusion Boolean tools, integrated sculpting and retopology functionality.
- UV workflows
- Take the drudgery out of tedious UV creation tasks, with a highly efficient built-in toolset that offers many automated options, supports
UDIM workflows, and—unlike some other 3D content creation tools—integrates fully with modeling and selection workflows.
- Bring your artistic expression to 3D modeling, as you use Modo's integrated brush-based sculpting tools to intuitively rough out volumes
and add multiple levels of fine detail with speed.
- Streamline your workflow with fast, flexible layer-based and nodal shading systems for building sophisticated, convincing materials with
ease. Drag-and-drop presets let you quickly develop the look you want, or simply select from a huge library of highly realistic physically-based
- Enjoy photorealistic rendering at amazing speeds and limitless resolutions—even network rendering is free. Modo's production-proven,
physically-based renderer offers a rare blend of speed and quality.
- Review textures as you bake and watch them refine progressively. MODO 12 also allows you to tweak settings and make surface changes without
waiting for a final render, and it accurately bakes to Unity or Unreal standards with no extra tools required.
- Featuring a non-destructive, non-linear toolset and fully-integrated modular workflow, Modo's flexible node-based rigging system lets you
easily create, edit, manage and reuse complex character rigs.
- Incorporating traditional animation techniques applied in innovative ways, Modo's 3D animation framework is highly customizable to meet
the most demanding of production challenges.
- Modo's rule-based, directable particles work together with the fully-integrated rigid and soft bodies, and procedural shattering, to let
you create compelling dynamic simulations in less time.
- Hair and Fur
- MODO 12 lets you create and manipulate realistic hair, fur, grass, feathers and other fiber-based effects as actual geometry that can be
sculpted, shaded and rendered directly in your scene.
- Camera and projection tools
- Modo's advanced tools for virtual camera creation and digital matte painting are perfect for set extensions and product placement shots,
while the spherical camera rig lets you work with 360° video.
- Segment your work into more manageable parts, avoid repetitive modeling tasks and create repeatable looks with saveable, shareable,
reusable assemblies and presets. Plus, convert a series of procedural modeling operations into a new specialized tool to share with others.
- Collaboration and customization
- With in-viewport support for Unity, Unreal-compatible PBR materials and built-in export tools, Modo delivers a true WYSIWYG asset creation
experience for games and VR authoring. Plus, support for a wide range industry-standard file formats, together with
Pythonand macro scripting, means it's easy to make Modo work in your pipeline.
This Bundle Includes
The FoundryMODO 11
Floating LicenseShare a copy of MODO 11 over your network.This item cannot be purchased separately.3167
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought