MODO: Creative 3D modeling, texturing and rendering tools. Optimal ray tracing performance. This GPU-powered enhancement provide incredible speed and quality
MODO 12.2 with Maintenance
is powerful and flexible 3D modeling, texturing and rendering toolset empowers artists to explore and develop ideas without jumping through
technical hoops. MODO 12.2
is the starting point for creative exploration.
Why MODO 12.2?
- The Industry's Fastest Modeling Toolset - With fast direct modeling, flexible procedural modeling, the award-winning
toolset and built-in sculpting tools all working together, Modo's modeling moxie is unmatched.
- A Sandbox For Creative Exploration - Free yourself from creativity-killing constraints, with Modo's intuitive, artist-friendly
toolset. From roughing out volumes to creating highly detailed forms, MODO 12.2 lets you focus on creation, not construction.
- Faster iterations - With its advanced photorealistic viewport and progressive renderer, and WYSIWYG look-dev for Unity and
MODO 12.2 lets you visualize your designs as you develop them, so you can discover their ultimate potential in less time.
- A Custom Fit For Your Workflow - Build your own kit of specialized tools by combining different operations, with Modo's
assembly system. With Modo, every job you do becomes easier, as you continually develop new efficiencies.
- Out-of-the-box value - MODO 12.2 offers modeling, sculpting, texturing, painting and photorealistic rendering in one cohesive, easy-
content creation package, with unlimited network rendering capabilities included.
- The Perfect Fit For Your Pipeline - Modo fits right into your pipeline, with Python and C++
fully customizable UI; and support for industry-standard formats like OpenSubdiv, OpenColorIO, OpenEXR, OpenVDB and Alembic.
- GPU Accelerated Rendering with Optix from NVIDIA
- Providing optimal ray tracing performance, Modo artists can expect to see this GPU-powered enhancement provide incredible speed and
quality for their product and arch-viz creations. Developed and integrated in collaboration with NVIDIA's award-winning engineering team, Optix
been optimized specifically for MODO 12.2 and future releases.
- MeshFusion Optimization for Complex Edges
- The Foundry 's first award for MODO 12.2's MeshFusion tools came in 2014, and in this MODO 12.2 release it's pushed their capabilities even further.
sophisticated topology improvements, Fusion meshes have now become even more useful in the post-Fusion modeling creative process, whether you're
direct modeling or using the advanced procedural modeling functions. Complex and concave corners now resolve with powerful improvements to
a result more in line with a natural bevel function.
- Animation and Rigging Improvements
- Working with some of the world's leading animation and character artists, MODO 12.2 been able to streamline the schematic viewport,
a cleaner and easier to use experience for your creative workflow. Modo 12.1 launched envelope presets which were limited to value and color, but
now MODO 12.2 expands these presets by adding vector and scale envelopes that can be saved directly from the graph editor, allowing you to drag and
drop directly into your scene. Whether you're working alone or part of an animation pipeline, the new schematic viewport Notes function allows
to manually keep tabs on your functions or automatically highlight values from your channels.
- User Interface Customization with Workbenches
- MODO 12.2 introduces Workbenches, a customizable UI module which allows you to add the majority of button controls, item channels, commands
from the commands list and even presets from the preset browser. You don't need to be an expert in scripting to create your own vertical or
horizontal Workbenches - add tool presets, macros or scripts in an intuitive and flexible way to suit your workflow. Enhancements to the user
experience continue with the option to create a bounding box threshold for working with larger scenes, as well as the addition of new views on
Preset Browser so you can find and organize your presets faster.
- Procedural Modeling & Procedural Stitching
- Having become an increasingly popular Modo feature set, procedural modeling in 12.2 introduces significantly improved UV-mapping
functions with the addition of UV-rectangles, UV-fit mesh-op and UV-unwrap mesh-op. The UV-to-Mesh mesh-op will procedurally generate a mesh
on a selected UV-map. Procedural stitching has been a much-requested feature by our automotive, footwear and apparel customers. There are a
of ways to use the new stitching tools, including drawing them onto a mesh or selecting the edges of an existing mesh and converting them to
stitches, which allows the stitches to remain locked to the underlying surface.
- Direct Modeling in the Advanced Viewport (AVP)
- Modo is famous for having the easiest to learn direct modeling tools of any 3D application, so it's only right that we continue to
refine these features in MODO 12.2. When using the AVP, you now have a cleaner visual experience with points represented as circles instead of squares
well as selections becoming more in-line with the regular viewport and visible when positioned behind geometry. Depth snapping helps you isolate
your snapping behaviour to a defined depth, so your cursor lands in a more intuitive way when working in complex scenes.
- Modo Bridge
- Item transfers between MODO 12.2 and the Unreal Editor are now up to 400% faster than in previous versions of Modo, dramatically improving
round-tripping of large and complex scenes. Removing any temporary freezing or lag, transfers now happen in the background so you can continue to
work while assets are being populated in the scene. The Foundry has brought the overall experience of using Modo Bridge in line with standard Unreal
workflows to create an overall smoother and more efficient real-time experience.
- Integrated Virtual Reality Viewport
- Expanding on recent implementation of the VR Viewport, MODO 12.2 introduces a VR toolset that now allows component selection and a small
refined set of the core modeling tools. In selection mode, you can jump between vertex, edge and polygon selection while the modeling tool subset
provides familiar features like the pen tool and curve tool. You can slide, bevel, flip, extrude, thicken in a more immersive way than ever
pushing the boundaries of creative journey. The topology pen is one of the most important additions to the VR Viewport, giving you the freedom to
manipulate surfaces, move components and shift edges.
- MODO 12.2 offers a unique combination of best-in-class direct modeling tools working hand-in-hand with a highly robust and flexible
procedural modeling system. Additionally, Modo features the award-winning MeshFusion Boolean tools, integrated sculpting and retopology
- UV workflows
- Take the drudgery out of tedious UV creation tasks, with a highly efficient built-in toolset that offers many automated options,
UDIM workflows, and—unlike some other 3D content creation tools—integrates fully with modeling and selection workflows.
- Bring your artistic expression to 3D modeling, as you use Modo's integrated brush-based sculpting tools to intuitively rough out
and add multiple levels of fine detail with speed.
- Streamline your workflow with fast, flexible layer-based and nodal shading systems for building sophisticated, convincing materials
with ease. Drag-and-drop presets let you quickly develop the look you want, or simply select from a huge library of highly realistic physically-
- Enjoy photorealistic rendering at amazing speeds and limitless resolutions—even network rendering is free. Modo's production-
proven, physically-based renderer offers a rare blend of speed and quality.
- Review textures as you bake and watch them refine progressively. MODO 12.2 also allows you to tweak settings and make surface changes
without waiting for a final render, and it accurately bakes to Unity or Unreal standards with no extra tools required.
- Featuring a non-destructive, non-linear toolset and fully-integrated modular workflow, Modo's flexible node-based rigging system lets
you easily create, edit, manage and reuse complex character rigs.
- Incorporating traditional animation techniques applied in innovative ways, Modo's 3D animation framework is highly customizable to
meet the most demanding of production challenges.
- Modo's rule-based, directable particles work together with the fully-integrated rigid and soft bodies, and procedural shattering, to
let you create compelling dynamic simulations in less time.
- Hair and Fur
- MODO 12.2 lets you create and manipulate realistic hair, fur, grass, feathers and other fiber-based effects as actual geometry that can be
sculpted, shaded and rendered directly in your scene.
- Camera and projection tools
- Modo's advanced tools for virtual camera creation and digital matte painting are perfect for set extensions and product placement
while the spherical camera rig lets you work with 360° video.
- Segment your work into more manageable parts, avoid repetitive modeling tasks and create repeatable looks with saveable, shareable,
reusable assemblies and presets. Plus, convert a series of procedural modeling operations into a new specialized tool to share with others.
- Collaboration and customization
- With in-viewport support for Unity, Unreal-compatible PBR materials and built-in export tools, Modo delivers a true WYSIWYG asset
creation experience for games and VR authoring. Plus, support for a wide range industry-standard file formats, together with
Pythonand macro scripting, means it's easy to make Modo work in your pipeline.
This Bundle Includes
The FoundryMODO 12.2Model. Animate. Render. Create at the speed of thought.This item cannot be purchased separately.1951
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought