Plug-in rendering solution, seamlessly integrated into Autodesk 3ds Max.
NVIDIA mental ray for 3ds Max 1-Year Subscription for Five Machines
is a plug-in renderer for entertainment and visualization professionals who need complete flexibility in their creations. Time tested with over 20
years as the industry standard in 3D rendering; Mental Ray is now available directly from NVIDIA
. Mental Ray uses both CPUs and GPUs for global
illumination and can exchange materials with NVIDIA Iray and Chaos Group V-Ray through the use of the NVIDIA Material Definition Language (MDL).
Mental Ray Iray is the new name for the renderer previously called "NVIDIA Iray." While the name has changed, it is fully backwards compatible with
previous 3ds Max versions.
- Directly supports Arch+Design materials and Photometric lights.
- No slowdown from adding additional light sources.
- Full animation support of all material and light parameters.
- Motion blur supported for cameras and objects.
- Optimized sampling for accurate caustics and indirect lighting.
- Photographic Exposure Control for achieving desired exposure, white balance, and contrast adjustments.
- Maximum system performance by using all supported GPUs and/or CPUs within the machine, with user control of resources.
- Texture compression for optimizing rendering memory.