PTC Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension
allows you to virtually simulate real-world forces and analyze how your product will react to them, Analyze Dynamic Forces with a Powerful Prototyping Solution without building costly physical prototypes. Gaining insight into product behavior early in the design phase allows you to build better products, while saving you time and money.
- Simulate real-world forces
- With PTC Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension, you can determine, on a desktop, how your design will react to dynamic forces such as gravity and friction. Since you can conduct this analysis without having to build a physical prototype, you can perform your tests very early in the design phase when correcting problems is much less costly. Also, when building a physical prototype it's likely to be of much higher quality as you've already completed a series of vigorous tests, virtually. By building fewer physical prototypes, you not only cut costs, but you also reduce time-to-market because you're building a better quality product that is 'right the first time.'
- Design and analyze concurrently
PTC Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension takes advantage of the integrated toolset of PTC. This means there are no errors in data translation from one application to another. Additionally, engineers working with PTC are already familiar with the graphical user interface, as it is the same one used to design the product in PTC Creo. Furthermore, since PTC Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extensionalready leverages the same model data as PTC Creo, you won't waste time translating data for analysis. After implementing engineering changes, you simply rerun the analysis, generating a higher quality model, faster.
- Key benefits
- Eliminate time, effort, and money spent on data translation and associated errors by using fully integrated design and analysis tools
- Reduce development costs by creating virtual prototypes for desktop testing
- Incorporate changes into the products faster and earlier, and get immediate results from desktop testing
- Deliver higher quality products to market first by reducing development time
- Reduce warranty costs by generating a better estimate of your product's life
- Eliminate costly manufacturing errors with specific, animated production instructions for assembly
- Create more innovative products by using the time-savings gained from virtual testing to evaluate more design ideas
- Work within an easy-to-learn, highly intuitive user interface
- Capabilities and specifications
In order to work properly, your copy of PTC Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension requires:
PTC Creo 6.0 Design Essentials
PTC Creo Design Essentials (T1): Core functionality to design with confidence.