For Industrial Design. Concept adds sketching, fast concept modeling and visualization.
Alias Concept 1-Year Multi-user Subscription Renewal
supports concept communication, design modeling, fast concept modeling, technical surfacing, reverse engineering, real-time design
visualization, and engineering development collaboration.
- Concept Design and Fast Content Modeling
- Sketching and illustration tools - Draw and edit with integrated tools. Capture lines, circles, and ellipses with predictive strokes,
- Flexible product modeling - Fast, repeatable, curve-based modeling tools let you directly edit and sculpt 3D models.
- Fast concept modeling overview - Walk through a fast concept model workflow, from sketch to final concept model.
- Downstream use of model - Move your data easily between Alias and VRED software.
- Improved color assignment for layers - Random custom color assignments for layers and layer folders.
- Customized clutch keys - Define clutch key assignments.
- View options in Curve Planarize - Add view options in the Curve Planarize.
- Surface fillet improvements - Add the option of Inter Continuity and Inter Tangent Angle checking in surface fillets.
- New options in Skin tool - Add the Shape option in the Skin 2012 tool to control the CV layout of the Skin surface section.
- Variable degree surface fillets - You have the ability to have a variable degree in fillet surfaces.
- Interface enhancements - Improvements for the latest release include customizable keyboard controls, snapping, marking menus, and
- Dynamic shape modeling - Quickly manipulate your product model and explore shape variations on 3D forms without rebuilding geometry.
- 3D sculpting - 3D sculpt surfaces by directly adjusting surface control vertices. Use curve-based tools, direct modeling, and more.
- Mesh-like modeling for 3D sculpting - Use push-and-pull techniques to conceptualize models—without needing to develop spline
- Concept exploration - Explore concepts to create revisions quickly.
- Better theoretical and feature lines - Control the shape of your product to follow a curve.
- Nondestructive detailing - Cut, separate, and add detail to your design without affecting the sculpted form.
- Rendering and material management - Use real-time raytracing and assign materials directly within Alias.
- Detailed Design and Surface Analysis
- Deck seam - Deck seam (similar to a flat fell seam) has been added to the Stitch and Seam tool.
- Mathematically precise surface creation - Access tools that help you create mathematical shapes. For example, control pitch with the
Revolve tool, and more.
- Multiblend tool - Make smooth transitions between surfaces.
- Light ray effects and reflections - Study your surfaces in a virtual lighting studio with the Light Tunnel tool.
- Automatic arrays of shapes - Simplify uniform and non-uniform objects, using arrays. Create arrays of lines and surfaces in 2D and
- Stitches and seams - Automatically create stitches and seams.
- Surface chain select tool - Select a chain of surfaces with one pick.
- Shading in clay - Temporarily change your shaders to a clay material. When you're finished, your model goes back to its original
- Isophotes for surface flow - Reveal design motion and underlying shape—for example, the movement of sand or the shape of snow
- Surface Modeling and Class-A Surfacing
- Modeling enhancements - The 2018 release includes enhancements to Surface Fillets and Curve Planarize. Data Transfer now offers STEP
standard and DWG import and export.
- Design Communication and Product Visualization
- Interactive product visualization - Evaluate design options with real-time visualizations. Use shading models, apply color, add
- Compelling photorealistic renderings - Visualize your product with high-resolution imagery.
- Convenient data exchange - Share industrial design data with mechanical design and CAD software, including
Inventor, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and many others.
- Interoperability with other tools - Interoperability helps streamline operations with other products used in the design process, such
cutters, meshers, and more.
- Switch between shading assignments - Easily switch between color combinations.
- Variant configuration sets - Capture your current view to return to it easily.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought