SKU 12338Alias Concept 2018
Available in USA only
Alias Concept 2018
For Industrial Design. Concept adds sketching, fast concept modeling, and visualization.Alias Concept 2018 Multi-user Subscription
supports concept communication, design modeling, fast concept modeling, technical surfacing, reverse engineering, real-time design visualization,
and engineering development collaboration.
- Concept Design and Fast Content Modeling
- Sketching and illustration tools - Draw and edit with integrated tools. Capture lines, circles, and ellipses with predictive strokes, and
- Flexible product modeling - Fast, repeatable, curve-based modeling tools let you directly edit and sculpt 3D models.
- Fast concept modeling overview - Walk through a fast concept model workflow, from sketch to final concept model.
- Downstream use of model - Move your data easily between Alias and VRED software.
- Improved color assignment for layers - Random custom color assignments for layers and layer folders.
- Customized clutch keys - Define clutch key assignments.
- View options in Curve Planarize - Add view options in the Curve Planarize.
- Surface fillet improvements - Add the option of Inter Continuity and Inter Tangent Angle checking in surface fillets.
- New options in Skin tool - Add the Shape option in the Skin 2012 tool to control the CV layout of the Skin surface section.
- Variable degree surface fillets - You have the ability to have a variable degree in fillet surfaces.
- Interface enhancements - Improvements for the 2018 release include customizable keyboard controls, snapping, marking menus, and more.
- Dynamic shape modeling - Quickly manipulate your product model and explore shape variations on 3D forms without rebuilding geometry.
- 3D sculpting - 3D sculpt surfaces by directly adjusting surface control vertices. Use curve-based tools, direct modeling, and more.
- Mesh-like modeling for 3D sculpting - Use push-and-pull techniques to conceptualize models—without needing to develop spline
- Concept exploration - Explore concepts to create revisions quickly.
- Better theoretical and feature lines - Control the shape of your product to follow a curve.
- Nondestructive detailing - Cut, separate, and add detail to your design without affecting the sculpted form.
- Rendering and material management - Use real-time raytracing and assign materials directly within Alias.
- Detailed Design and Surface Analysis
- Deck seam - Deck seam (similar to a flat fell seam) has been added to the Stitch and Seam tool.
- Mathematically precise surface creation - Access tools that help you create mathematical shapes. For example, control pitch with the
Revolve tool, and more.
- Multiblend tool - Make smooth transitions between surfaces.
- Light ray effects and reflections - Study your surfaces in a virtual lighting studio with the Light Tunnel tool.
- Automatic arrays of shapes - Simplify uniform and non-uniform objects, using arrays. Create arrays of lines and surfaces in 2D and 3D.
- Stitches and seams - Automatically create stitches and seams.
- Surface chain select tool - Select a chain of surfaces with one pick.
- Shading in clay - Temporarily change your shaders to a clay material. When you're finished, your model goes back to its original form.
- Isophotes for surface flow - Reveal design motion and underlying shape—for example, the movement of sand or the shape of snow on a
- Surface Modeling and Class-A Surfacing
- Modeling enhancements - The 2018 release includes enhancements to Surface Fillets and Curve Planarize. Data Transfer now offers STEP AP242
standard and DWG import and export.
- Design Communication and Product Visualization
- Interactive product visualization - Evaluate design options with real-time visualizations. Use shading models, apply color, add texture,
- Compelling photorealistic renderings - Visualize your product with high-resolution imagery.
- Convenient data exchange - Share industrial design data with mechanical design and CAD software, including
Inventor, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and many others.
- Interoperability with other tools - Interoperability helps streamline operations with other products used in the design process, such as
cutters, meshers, and more.
- Switch between shading assignments - Easily switch between color combinations.
- Variant configuration sets - Capture your current view to return to it easily.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought