The World's Leading 2D and 3D CAD Tool
From mechanical design aids to architecture tools to model-based GIS and mapping features, subscribe to AutoCAD software and access industry-specific toolsets, plus web and mobile apps.
AutoCAD Multi-user Subscription
now includes industry-specific features and libraries for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more.
- Automate floor plans, sections, elevations, and other drawings.
- Draw piping, plumbing, and ducting for faster design with mechanical tools.
- Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical with MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing).
- AutoCAD - The original AutoCAD 2D and 3D CAD software provides innovative tools for design and documentation.
- AutoCAD Architecture - Adds features for architectural drawing, documentation, and schedules, and for automating drafting tasks.
- AutoCAD Electrical - Adds electrical design features to help you create, modify, and document electrical controls systems.
- AutoCAD MAP 3D - Incorporate GIS topology with AutoCAD so you can use and maintain CAD and GIS data for planning, design, and data management.
- AutoCAD Mechanical - Adds a library of standards-based parts and tools to help you create, modify, and document mechanical designs for manufacturing.
- AutoCAD MEP - Adds features to help you draft, design, and document MEP building systems in an AutoCAD environment.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D - Adds features to help you produce P&IDs, and then integrate them into a 3D plant design model.
- AutoCAD Raster Design - Adds raster-to-vector tools to help you convert raster images into DWG objects. Edit scanned drawings in a familiar AutoCAD environment.
- AutoCAD Mobile App - Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go.
- DWG compare - Compare and document the differences between 2 versions of a drawing or xref.
- Save to web and mobile - Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- 2D graphics - Enjoy 2X faster zoom, pan, and change draw orders and layer properties.
- Shared views - Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
- AutoCAD web app - Create, edit, view, and share CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app - View, create, edit, and share CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- User interface - Experience improved visuals with new flat-design icons and 4K enhancements.
- PDF import - Import geometry, including SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text, into a drawing from a PDF.
- User interaction
- Ribbon - Access your favorite tools—when you need them—with the AutoCAD ribbon.
- Tool palettes - Easily access frequently used content and tools with customizable tool palettes.
- Command window - Launch commands and respond to prompts via simple keystrokes, right at the command line.
- Object grips - Easily reshape, move, or manipulate geometry with grip editing.
- Workspaces - Save and restore workspaces with customized menus, toolbars, palettes, and ribbons.
- Shortcut menus - Display a shortcut menu for quick access to commands that are relevant to your current activity.
- Object and layer transparency - Control the transparency for selected objects or for all objects on a layer.
- Object selection and isolation - Find and select all objects that match the properties of an object. Hide or unhide the selected objects.
- 2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings - Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Dimensions - Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders - Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Centerlines and center marks - Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables - Create tables with data and symbols in rows and columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds - Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Views - Save views by name to easily return to a specific view for quick reference or for applying to layout viewports.
- Layouts - Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Fields - Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking - Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction - Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Dynamic blocks - Add flexibility and intelligence to your block references, including changing the shape, size, or configuration.
- Arrays - Create and modify objects in circular or rectangular patterns, or along a path.
- Parametric constraints - Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools - Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
- 3D modeling and visualization
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling - Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) - Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles - Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes - Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Rendering - Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- Point clouds - Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to use as a starting point for your designs.
- Model documentation - Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio - Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF files - Share and reuse data from PDF files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DGN Files - Share and reuse data from DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG references - Attach DWG files to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Image references - Attach image files to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet sets - View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Model references and import - Attach Navisworks models as underlays to your drawings, and import models from other applications
- Geographic location and online maps - Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
- Installation and customization
- TrustedDWG technology - TrustedDWG technology alerts you to a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by Autodesk software.
- CUI customization - Customize the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load - Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder - Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing - Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- System variable monitor - Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- CAD standards checker - Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store - Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions.
- Autodesk desktop app - Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare AutoCAD versions
|User Interface||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|Quick Access Toolbar|
|Block Test Window|
|Block Properties Table|
|Layer Properties per Viewport|
|Linking Tables with Microsoft Excel|
|Extract Attributes to a Text File|
|Constraint Parameters in Dynamic Blocks|
|Data Extraction to Tables|
|Conceptual Design & Tooling||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|3D Solids(Create and Edit)|
|Dynamic User Coordinate System (UCS)|
|Work in Perspective View|
|Flatten 3D Geometry into 2D|
|Display Modes (Visual Styles, Transparency, Edge Effects)|
|Shaded/Rendered Plotted Output|
|Autodesk Impression (Subscription Only)|
|Support for CUI Customization|
|Support for LISP Applications|
|Support for ObjectARX (C++, C#, and VB .NET)|
|Autodesk Buzzsaw Integration|
|Create Transmittal Sets|
|Digital Signatures and Passwords|
|Manage DWF Markups|
|Save as AutoCAD Release 14 DWG File|
|Publish to a Multisheet DWF File|
|Publish to a Multisheet PDF File|
|Publish to a Plotter|
|Publish a Web Page|
|Publish a 3D DWF File|
|Print to an STL File (for 3D printing)|
|Overlay or Attach a DWG File|
|Use DGN, DWF, or PDF File as an Underlay|
|Clip an External Reference|
|Notification of Changes to External References|
|Software Management||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|Migrate Customized Settings|
|Portable License Utility|
|Autodesk Product Manager|
|CAD Standards Tools|
|Support for Multiple Profiles|