SKU 11999Mudbox 2018
Available in USA only
Digital painting and sculpting softwareAutodesk Mudbox 2018 Subscription
digital painting and sculpting software provides 3D artists with an intuitive and tactile toolset for creating and modifying 3D geometry and textures.
3D sculpt and paint
- Better brush-based workflows - NEW
- Improve brush-based workflows when working with low resolution, low bit-depth polygons and textures.
- Sculpting Falloff options - NEW
- For brushes, choose Volume or Surface Falloff options, in addition to the default Hybrid mode.
- Relax Brush - NEW
- Use Constrain to Surface in the new Relax Brush to even out spaces between vertices while only making minimal changes to the original shape of a mesh.
- Twist for Grab Brush - NEW
- The Twist feature in the Grab tool helps you twist all vertices within the sculpting brush falloff radius clockwise or counterclockwise. Use it to create swirled objects like soft serve ice cream, rotate ears and eyes on a character's head, or twist a character's mouth to create a smile or frown.
- Professional digital sculpting toolset
- Get fast, smooth, accurate results.
- Paint directly onto 3D models
- True 3D painting across multiple channels, in multiple formats.
- Texture baking
- Create accurate normal, displacement, and ambient occlusion maps.
- Symmetry tools
- Make any model symmetrical with a number of tools for symmetrical retopologizing in Mudbox.
- Base symmetry on the source topology or on a local or world axis for completely symmetrical results.
- Copy painting and sculpting detail from one or both sides of the source.
- Use the new Make Symmetrical tool to make existing meshes across one or more axes without retopologizing.
- Caliper tool for proportional measurement
- Measure the distance between two points on a model or along a curve.
- Maintain accurate proportions while 3D sculpting.
- Match meshes to a desired real-world scale or make them proportional to other objects or environments.
3D tool interoperability
- Smooth integration
- Easily move texture and detail maps between Mudbox 2018 and other Autodesk products, including 3ds Max 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing software; Maya 3D animation, modeling, simulation, rendering, and compositing software; and Maya LT 3D game development software, and take advantage of enhanced Photoshop compatibility.
- Maya image plane matching
- Enjoy a smoother multiproduct modeling workflow when using images for reference in both Maya and Mudbox 2018 software. Set up an image plane in Maya, and use it as a reference for base mesh modeling. Send it to Mudbox 2018 along with the model to add finer details, and it will retain many image plane parameter settings. You can continue to use the same reference without readjusting the image to match.
- Maya Blend Shape interoperability
- Create Blend Shapes and merge them into a Maya scene via Layer Groups.
- Store Blend Shapes as Sculpt Layer groups in Mudbox.
- Add new targets or delete existing ones within Mudbox 2018, and correctly update them in Maya.
- Take advantage of the intuitive sculpting toolset in Mudbox 2018 to create facial shapes and carry out shot sculpting.
- Maya interoperability for textures
- Import and export Ptex and multitile UV textures to and from Maya.
- Single-step interoperability provides an iterative round-trip workflow between Mudbox 2018 and Maya using Ptex and multitile texturing methods.
- Ptex textures offer a UV-less painting workflow.
- Multitile textures enable artists to paint outside of the 0-1 UV space.
- Texture export and updating
- Set different export paths for different channels and paint layers using enhanced texture export and updating.
- Mudbox 2018 remembers the paths; update textures in one click during painting, regardless of the target downstream application or whether Mudbox 2018 supports the shaders.
- Reduce manual relinking and flexible iterative painting workflows within custom pipelines.
- Advanced retopology tools
- Create clean, production-quality meshes from scanned, imported, or sculpted data.
- Efficient layer grouping
- Organize Sculpt and Paint Layers into layer groups to quickly and easily identify them in complex scenes.
- Toggle visibility into focus on a particular aspect of the work, or duplicate multiple layers at once.
- Use Sculpt Layer groups to receive and store Blend Shape targets from Maya software.
- Use Paint Layer groups to manually merge layers or flatten groups on export.
- Interactive control and display
- Multitouch interaction and render-quality results in the viewport.
- 3D layer capabilities
- Experiment with design concepts and make revisions easily.
- In-product community
- Check out other artists' profiles for inspiration, learn tips and tricks for getting started in Mudbox 2018 with free tutorials, and share your own projects, 3D assets, and textures in the Mudbox Community.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought