SolidFace Collaborative: 3D CAD parametric modeling and design software for mechanical, architectural, product design and more.
SolidFace Collaboration 2018 1-Year Subscription
is a 2D and 3D parametric historic constructive CAD modeler. In addition to 3D modeling, it allows project creation entirely in 2D, such as
mechanical parts, civilian plants, layouts, etc. SolidFace Collaboration 2018
is a sum of Parasolid Siemens
3D modeler core and 15 years of UniCAD 2D/3D
development resulting in a product with powerful capabilities of detailing, solid modeling, assembly and parameterization.
- Part module
- SolidFace Sketch automatically creates parametric reference for modeling features that can be edited in a very simple and interactive
way. This is an in-house developed module and fully integrated with the 3D module.
SolidFace Collaboration 2018 allows multiple bodies creation. A powerful tool helps in the development of dependent parts from a single part file. The parameterization
allows not only an easy model editing, but also parts family creation that is an important issue in automating creation of variant models with
the same constructive basis, such as fasteners, automotive, hydraulic and civil components. From a parametric part you can automatically generate
dozens of others parts through parameters association, such as thickness, length, number and diameter of holes, color, material, information,
- Assembly module
- Easy, accurate and effective, this module enables you to build assemblies using modeled parts and sub-assemblies. The automatic link
between the modules facilitates the manipulation of assembly parts, thus any editing on a part or assembly, results in an automatic change in the
assembly that references this component.
You can build assemblies by inserting components created outside the assembly document; this is known as bottom-up assembling or if you need to
construct a component that needs dimension references of some assembly components, you can create it, within the Assembly module. This operation
is called in-context or top-down part creation.
To facilitate the assembly process, the part elements can be enabled or disabled at any time without interfering the process of inserting
(bottom-up) or creating (top-down) new components.
- Drawing module
- Besides the 2D draft capabilities explained in the SolidFace Collaboration 2018 drawing product, you can also insert parts and assemblies into the drawing
module in order to generate automatic orthographic, sections and details views. These views and dimensional annotations are created according to
DIN and ANSI norms. Personalized by the designer. The 3D models views can be displayed in several model styles. The sections or details views are
automatically created and aligned with the base view.
Another advantage of the automatic link between the modules is the ability to copy and paste 2D geometric entities to the 3D Sketch module in
order to use it as reference geometry to 3D features operations like extrude, revolve, etc.
- Exploded view
- An exploded view is a diagram, picture or technical drawing of an object, that shows the relationship or order of assembly of various
parts. This allows the components (parts and sub-assemblies) to be visualized with defined displacements. The exploded view can be enabled or
disabled at any time of the project creation.
- 3D Direct modeling
- Interact directly with the geometry of the model. Manipulate it by pushing, pulling, or twisting.
Keeping the steps that create the final model, direct modelling allows the features geometry to be parametric modified by editing the feature
used to create the new faces.
- 2D/3D Movement simulation
- One of the many capabilities of logical conditions is to enable the system to detect the collision of components assembly. The
collision or the simulation process can be aborted and analyzed at any time. This makes possible not just a simple mechanism video demonstration
but also a real-time movement simulation.
The parameterization capability is one of the greatest advantages of SolidFace Collaboration 2018 and it is present in all design steps. 3D Motion simulation is no
different; the simulation is updated simultaneously with the movement. Another important capability is the simulation of 2D mechanisms, which can
be performed either in 2D drawing or in 3D sketch module.
- Real-Time 3D Cloud Collaboration Modeling on Parts and Assemblies;
- Online Streaming between users;
- Part, Sketch, Assembly and Drawing module;
- Communication with other CAD software via standard X_T, X_B, DWG, DXF, STL, BMP, etc. (Standard Version)
- and Step, Iges, Catia, NX, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Inventor, Pro-E, Creo, Rhino, VRML, etc. (Extended Version) Coming soon;
- 3D history construction tree and direct command editing;
- Parametric and automatic associative geometric construction references such as midpoint, center of arcs and circles, endpoint, etc;
- 3D printing compatibility;
- Exploded view;
- Clash and collision test;
- Communication with other Windows applications through clipboard (Clipboard);
- Associative dimensioning fully adapted to a number of standards;
- Geometric operations and editing through direct entity or feature tree selection;
- Creation of complex geometries such as cams, gears etc;
- 3D features construction such as Extrude, Revolve, Loft, Sweep, etc
- 3D family of parts creation using CSV format (Excel files Association) or TXT table files;
- Configurable toolbars;
- Possibility of managing multiple projects simultaneously (multiple instances);
- Graphics screen can be divided up to 16 view windows, allowing the visualization of several project details;
- Print Preview;
- PDF printing compatibility;
- Local and global variables;
- Definition of parametric variables via commands, questions, or variable tables;
- Logical conditions If-then-else;
- Parametric generation of bill of materials with associative link with Excel and Access.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought