Student2PRO Academic Requirements
A graduate who purchases Vectorworks software through the student2PRO program must sign a Policy Agreement form that outlines the special guidelines and terms of this software purchase. The graduate is also required to provide school-supplied proof of graduation, which lists course study/degree and graduation date. The below requirements are outlined in the Policy Agreement:
- Graduate of a designed-based curriculum or program at a post-secondary school within the past 12 months.
- Official school-supplied proof of graduation including graduation date.
- Only one Vectorworks professional license may be purchased through student2PRO.
- All sales through student2PRO are final; licenses purchased through this program cannot be refunded or transferred to another owner.
- Where Vectorworks Service Select is available, it may be purchased along with a software license. If purchased, the standard Vectorworks Service Select contract must be signed.
- Professional software purchased through student2PRO can be upgraded to new software versions through standard upgrade processes.
- We can convert up to 10 of your student project files to professional format if requested within 60 days of purchase.
Any graduate in the past 12 months of a design-based curriculum/program from an accredited university qualifies to purchase (1) software license under the student2PRO program.
- A qualifying graduate may purchase (1) professional Vectorworks software license for any product in the Vectorworks product line, with or without Renderworks, at a 40% discount. They will also qualify for Vectorworks Service Select at a 40% discount.
After the purchase you will receive this Policy Agreement
Whether you work in lighting, scenic, event, TV, film, rigging, or exhibit design, Spotlight software balances your process with the need for
coordinated, accurate information so you can create unmatched experiences.
Get ready to create your next unmatched experience with Vectorworks Spotlight 2019 Student2Pro Version, the industry-leading software for entertainment design. Since it first
emerged on the global marketplace, Vectorworks Spotlight 2019 has provided 2D drafting and 3D modeling, realistic rendering, and integrated database worksheets. Today,
the program continues to deliver greater capabilities, improved tools for the design and documentation of overhead stage rigging, enhanced stage
creation abilities, lighting devices, graphical controls for event plans, and so much more. Start your design transformation today.
New in This Version
Simplify Your Workflows
Efficiency and productivity are critical, and you need the right tools to help you achieve your goals, on time and on budget. Enhancements in
Vectorworks Spotlight 2019
help you seamlessly collaborate with others and streamline the creation of presentation drawings and construction documents,
letting you work faster and be more productive than ever before.
- Customize Your Drawings With 2D Components For Hybrid Objects
- You've made the move to working in 3D. Now, optimize that effort by efficiently creating 2D drawings from your 3D and BIM models.
With the new 2D components for hybrid objects capability, we're putting you in complete control of the detail level your symbols and plug-in
objects display. Simply right-click to edit the detail and display of any 2D/3D hybrid object so it draws exactly as you want in plan, elevation,
and section views.
- Benefit From Bim-Ready Building Libraries
- We've added BIM data sets to all architectural symbols to make it easier to exchange BIM data with others. Now, all building objects
that ship with Vectorworks are compliant with the latest versions of IFC (IFC2x3, IFC4) and COBie (v2.4), resulting in a reliable and efficient
export of your building model for both IFC and COBie standards.
- Save Time With Data Tags
- Some aspects of your workflow thrive when flexibility works in predictable ways. The new Data Tag tool in Vectorworks Spotlight 2019 gives you
a consistent and robust method for tagging and displaying data about the intelligent objects and symbols in your model and viewports. Tag objects
individually, or automatically tag multiple objects, all while having complete control over the graphic appearance of data tags. This will save
you time and simplify the process of managing displayed data in your documents.
- Benefit From Advances In Marionette
- More and more, designers are recognizing the benefits of algorithmic design to automate tasks and save them time. We've included a
number of usability improvements and new nodes to make Marionette easier and more powerful.
- Simplify The Data Handover With Cobie Worksheets
- The assets data handover from BIM to operations just got easier. Unlike other BIM software that produces read-only COBie reports,
Vectorworks Spotlight 2019 has bi-directional control. Edit the BIM model and the COBie worksheet automatically updates, or update data in the
COBie worksheet and drive changes in the model.
- Better Openbim With Custom Ifc Export
- In a BIM project, controlling and filtering which objects and IFC data are exported is key to successful collaboration. Revolutionary
changes in Vectorworks IFC data mapping give the BIM manager more control over IFC export. Custom export options and the ability to specify data
for sub-objects provide you confidence in the exchange of BIM models with other project stakeholders.
- Easily Create Concept Layouts With Image Effects
- Now you can accomplish mainstream image editing right inside of Vectorworks. You don't need to export your designs to other editing
applications such as Photoshop or Illustrator. The new viewport image effects work with viewports and imported images, which lets you prepare
your presentation boards in the same software you used to create your designs.
- Increase Efficiency With Improved Pdf Workflows
- Building on our integration with Bluebeam Studio Prime, we made it easier to work with imported PDF files. New options allow you to
toggle off and on annotations, improve snapping, control background fills, and quickly resize and align multiple PDFs at the same time.
- Improve Collaboration With Revit
- Thanks to the latest updates to the industry standard Teigha BIM library from the Open Design Alliance, Vectorworks users can now
batch import Revit Families making it easier to incorporate manufacturer objects and convert more building objects from a Revit model to native
Vectorworks objects. This is a huge improvement for Revit customers migrating to Vectorworks and makes it easier to access manufacturers' BIM
- Discover Streamlined Section Drawing Creation
- Derive high-quality sections from your model without wasting time making repetitive adjustments. A new default display for section
attributes provides universally acceptable defaults, and a new context-sensitive right-click menu allows you to generate sections directly from
section elevation markers or orphaned section lines. Create better drawings by generating a profile line that emphasizes the cut of your
sections. Plus, you can now override object visibility beyond or before the cut plane using the correct line weights and styles. The object
visibility control is the same for horizontal and vertical sections.
Enhance Your Modeling Process
Vectorworks Spotlight 2019
gives you more opportunities than ever before to optimize your modeling process. No matter your project type or size,
Vectorworks provides you with intuitive and robust modeling functionality to help you save time and deliver exceptional results.
- Create Remarkable Presentations With New Clip Cube Options
- You asked for it, and now you can use the clip cube on sheet layer viewports. And, unlike other applications that have limitations on
the visualization of clip cubes, Vectorworks enables you to use clip cubes in any rendered view or style, giving you the efficiency and
capability you need to create remarkable sections, elevations, and presentation drawings.
- Save Time Specifying With New Object Catalogs
- We've expanded our support of catalog styles to additional architectural elements, including all cabinet objects. You can quickly
define and specify the cabinetry in your designs using manufacturer catalog data. Controlling objects by catalog styles lets you quickly modify
the architectural object data while saving you time with your materials specifications. Additionally, Vectorworks now supports this style
capability for third-party plugins.
- Quickly Capture Site Data With Point Cloud Enhancements
- Reality capture has quickly transformed from a high-cost, advanced technology for experts into an affordable and accessible process
that can have a major impact on your design workflow. Our latest release makes working with point clouds faster and easier. We added import of
PLY point cloud files, new controls to manage the density and automatically clean up point cloud data, and the ability to define a marquee region
to refine the data set. A new Merge Point Clouds command creates a single model from individual scans, and a new custom color option allows you
to define height limits of various regions, so you can better visualize your data set.
- Speed Up Your Modeling Process With Subdivision Iterations
- We've continued to refine the ease of use of our subdivision feature, built on Pixar's OpenSubdiv library. A new setting in the Edit
Subdivision tool gives you the ability to quickly see how subdivisions will look with one to five subdivision iterations being performed, making
it possible to go from generic form to your desired result much faster.
- Increase Accuracy With Non-Horizontal Ceilings And Floors In Space Objects
- Having a 3D model of building spaces is incredibly advantageous for understanding
your design at all stages. With these latest improvements to our space objects, you
can easily fit your spaces to geometry above or below your space, such as walls,
ceilings, roofs, and slabs, resulting in more accurate representations of space
volumes, areas, calculations, and visualizations.
- Improve Space Planning With Space Styles
- Vectorworks understands the importance of space planning and has long offered a powerful suite of space planning tools to simplify
your design process. In this latest release, the Vectorworks space objects now support the use of styles so you can more efficiently create and
manage your spaces for typical information such as usage type, color, and class, enabling you to quickly and consistently handle a large number
Enjoy Exceptional Quality
We pride ourselves on listening to customers like you. We know you love the innovative technology we've delivered in the past, and we strive to
provide the top-notch quality you expect across all Vectorworks products. With Vectorworks Spotlight 2019
, we've listened to your feedback, and we've
doubled down on many under-the-hood improvements that you're sure to notice when you experience the latest version for the first time.
- Multiple-Core Support For The Vectorworks Graphics Module
- The Vectorworks Graphics Module has been enhanced to use intelligent ondemand object tessellation for loading only geometric objects
that need to be shown. This enhancement significantly speeds file and view loading in Vectorworks files of all sizes.
- Improve Collaboration With Better Dwg Imports And Exports
- When you collaborate with others, you expect the information you share is accurate and easy to manage. With enhancements to the layer
and class mapping for DWG imports, you'll enjoy a quick import process that doesn't require manual effort to rename and organize the DWG file
information. A new purge option lets you delete empty layers and unused objects for a cleaner import. And, new options give you more control when
exporting images, fills, and tiles resulting in higher-quality DWG exports from Vectorworks.
- Work Faster With The Vectorworks Graphics Module On Sheet Layers
- The Vectorworks Graphics Module is an exceptional screen-drawing technology that makes it possible for you to enjoy smooth, fast, and
reliable generations of drawing and model views while you're using Vectorworks. With this latest release, your project's sheet layers now benefit
from optimized, multi-threaded technology for use with advanced GPUs. As a result, there's no performance difference between panning and zooming
in a sheet layer compared to a design layer.
- Enjoy Simpler Title Block Management
- With enhancements to the title block in Vectorworks Spotlight 2019, you'll enjoy the ability to manage title blocks across multiple documents from a single
file, regardless of how many Vectorworks files are incorporated in your project.
- Improve Navigation With Layer And Class Filtering
- Searching through long lists to find the layer and class you're looking for is a huge pain. In Vectorworks Spotlight 2019 you can instantly find what
you're looking for by typing in a keyword search or using filters to display classes and layers based upon specific properties. Being able to
work with filtered lists, and instantly search to find classes or layers, will significantly improve your productivity.
- Discover Peace Of Mind With Project Sharing Diagnostics
- We've tuned project sharing to address the common usage issues. We've added safeguards to prevent accidental deletion of work when
multiple users have admin privileges within a project. Moreover, you can run diagnostics to check for performance issues and take corrective
- Easily Handle Changes With Improved Chain Dimensions
- Take advantage of new capabilities with Vectorworks dimensions that enable you to simultaneously add multiple dimensions in a chain
dimension and quickly split a chain dimension in two, so you can more efficiently handle changes with your design dimensions.
- Take Control With Improved Flyover Sensitivity
- With Vectorworks Spotlight 2019, you now have easy access to settings for controlling the Flyover tool sensitivity, so you can stay in complete control of
your 3D flyover.
- 2D Components for Hybrid Objects
- Image Effects
- Clip Cube Viewport Option
- Layer and Class Filtering
- Data Tags
- AutoTURN Online
- Vectorworks Graphics Module Support for Sheet Layers
- Improved Collaboration with Revit
- Improved PDF Workflows
- Title Block Coordination
- My Virtual Rig
- Bridle Analysis
- Instrument Numbering Command
- 3D Modeling Improvements for Spotlight Objects
- Braceworks Heat Map
- Braceworks AutoConnect Enhancements
- Replace Truss
- Vision Performance Gains
- 3D Label Legend
- Cable Tools
- Cloud Publishing
- Title Block
- Publish Command
- Project Sharing
- Sophisticated Unit Numbering
- Camera Match
- Web View
- Soft Goods
- Stairs & Stages
- Seating Sections
- Video & Projection Screens
- Integrated Light Plot Elements
- Custom Lighting Devices
- Augmented Reality
- Surface Array
- Multiple Drawing Views
Latest Vectorworks Novedge Webinar
Vectorworks Spotlight 2019Requirements
This Product is Also Known As
torworks Spotlight Student2Pro