Vectorworks Spotlight 2018
For VSS Members only. New contract requires 2-month minimum rental. For longer terms, please call us.
Get ready to create your next unmatched experience with Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 2-Month Lease for VSS Members - New contract only
, the industry-leading software for entertainment design. Since it first
emerged on the global marketplace, Vectorworks Spotlight 2018
has provided 2D drafting and 3D modeling, realistic rendering, and integrated database worksheets. Today,
the program continues to deliver greater capabilities, improved tools for the design and documentation of overhead stage rigging, enhanced stage
creation abilities, lighting devices, graphical controls for event plans, and so much more. Start your design transformation today.
- Superior 2D Documentation
- Vectorworks software's 2D functionality helps you to produce beautiful drawings and high-quality, professional documentation with ease. Our extensive
suite of drawing and editing tools make quick work of any type of project, helping you to define your signature look and meet industry standards. Add
gradients, tile and image fills, stipples, and hatching. Easily incorporate digital images and graphics. Use our exclusive sketch rendering technology
to change hard-lined drawings into soft, hand-sketched illustrations, blurring the line between clear, accurate technical documentation and compelling
- Creative Modeling Solutions
- Exploration is essential for the evolution of design. Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 allows you to bring your design ideas into the virtual world to investigate and
discover, using an advanced suite of Parasolid-based solids and NURBS surface tools. Push, pull, blend, twist,
sculpt, deform, or punch holes. With our intuitive interface, you can design from any 3D view using modes in modeling tools that automatically infer
working planes as you move your cursor, and enjoy the superior quality that allows you to manipulate your model with ease. More accurate object
information and better snapping make drawing in 3D easy. Plus, integrated graphical scripting capabilities help express anything imaginable.
- Flexible Workflows & Project Sharing
- With Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, you can move easily from design concept to technical documentation. Work on practically any type of project within a flexible and robust
digital environment. Start with any image, sketch, or formal iteration and move easily between 2D and 3D views. Vectorworks Spotlight 2018's collaborative tools allow you
to focus on your individual strengths by giving all contributors the ability to work concurrently on the same design. Whether you work in 2D, 3D, or a
combination thereof, Vectorworks Spotlight 2018's Project Sharing capabilities enhance your team's ability to work cohesively and produce incredible results across the
- Seamless Interoperability
- Vectorworks recognizes that the process of realizing a design often requires multiple sources of inspiration and refinement, as well as iteration,
communication, and collaboration. Make your work even more compelling and easier to communicate with digital imagery. Import scans, digital photos, or
web images. Share your information fluidly with Vectorworks software's numerous file translators. Exchange lighting data with ESP Vision, Lightwright,
grandMA, connectCAD, and more. Also, publish your designs for inclusion in marketing materials or websites. Get on the cutting edge of collaborative
digital practices, exchanging 2D drawings, 3D models, and data for numerous multidisciplinary, multi-platform design and lighting control workflows.
- Industry-Leading Rendering
- Vectorworks partnered with the award-winning CINEMA 4D render engine to provide rendering capabilities that are faster and easier than standalone
rendering applications. When added to Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 software, Renderworks lets you seamlessly visualize your work throughout the design process while producing
clear and accurate renderings. With the click of a button, rendered viewports in your documentation will update as your design evolves. Plus, camera
features allow you to manipulate the depth of field, apply vibrant back lighting, alter exposure, and generate panoramic images, creating striking
visualizations and dynamic animations.
- Unmatched Experiences
- Focus on a comprehensive design, develop construction detailing, and freely move between 2D and 3D. Best-in-class documentation tools complement
an extensive library of signature brand lighting, so you can quickly create light plots, automate paperwork, and visualize your design in rendered 3D
views. Easily import venues from facilities managers and hospitality staff, or build them from scratch with easy-to-use tools and numerous resources,
quickly creating the room, stage, steps, lectern, video screens, and seating. With built-in, industry-specific objects such as trusses, video and
audio gear, and soft goods, coupled with highly capable walls, doors, and windows, Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 provides the most complete and versatile 3D capability in the
New in This Version
- Graphical scripting will play a significant role in the workflows of the future. This functionality, when built into an intelligent
information modeling application, presents designers with unlimited opportunities to generate, define, build, and explore form and function throughout
the design process. Integrated directly into Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, Marionette is the first and only cross-platform graphical scripting tool for the AEC, entertainment,
and landscape design industries. Marionette is a Python-based scripting tool that operates within the Vectorworks platform; it delivers a robust and scalable
way to program well beyond the confines of traditional design software. When you use Marionette, you can create visual scripts that take advantage of
the superior 2D interface and robust 3D modeling capabilities that Vectorworks software offers, ushering in a new world of discovery that enhances your
workflows and integrates seamlessly into your BIM environments.
- Point Cloud Support
- Field surveys and other manual methods used to capture existing spaces can now be replaced by Point Cloud Support. Using your preferred 3D
scanning device, you can capture a physical location and import a 3D point cloud into Vectorworks software using PTS, E57, LAS, and XYZ file formats.
Capture a perfect, full- color representation of any location and manipulate and measure it.
- Horizontal Sections from the Clip Cube
- Explore your design floor by floor, space by space, and section by section with horizontal sections from the clip cube. Use this command
to isolate horizontal segments of your models to create conceptual, diagrammatic views, giving clients a deeper understanding of your design
throughout the development process.
- Roof Components and Styles
- Ensure accuracy in the documentation of your sections and elevations with the new ability to define more realistic roof components that
will interact with your wall components. Roof faces and roof objects now have the same component representation as walls and slabs, further extending
the power of BIM in your designs.
- Door and Window Improvements
- In Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, improved window and door functions give you more options to create compelling designs. From three- and four-panel sliding windows,
to span wall options for corner windows, to control over door hardware positioning,* designers will be able to add more depth (and more data) to their
projects than ever before.
- 3D Modifiers for Slabs
- Geometric flexibility now extends to slabs, allowing you to shape their surfaces to match design and construction requirements.
- Hoist Tools
- For entertainment industry designers, the Hoist tool now gives you the ability to design and document overhead stage rigging equipment for
greater levels of detail.
- Improved Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 Objects
- Streamline the virtual-to-built process with object improvements, including the ability to automate how your lighting devices respond to
changing focus points in the design, precision placement of curved trusses by diameter, and improved control over the threshold and slope settings in
your photometric objects.
- Create Stage Improvements
- The Create Stage command now supports the placement of multiple, standard-sized stage deck and stage plug objects to fill your defined stage
space, creating a more accurate design document that can be used for rental orders and final stage assembly.
- Project Sharing
- Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 gives you more resources than ever to streamline and optimize your workflow. With project sharing capabilities, access to reliable
cloud-based storage solutions, improved communication and visualization tools, and the industry-leading development team that is always working to
make your design software experience better, you'll design smarter than ever before.
- Cloud Services in Vectorworks
- Vectorworks Service Select members can now take advantage of our cloud services directly within Vectorworks software. A single click
publishes your Vectorworks files for easy sharing, collaborating, and viewing using our Vectorworks Nomad app or cloud web portal.
- Linked Section/Detail Markers
- Add section-elevation and detail-callout markers linked to your section viewports or detail viewports for easy drawing navigation.
- OBJ and STL File Import
- Vectorworks software is known for its ability to work well with the many file formats that industry professionals use throughout the design and
construction process. With this latest release, we've added two popular 3D file formats to our import capabilities. New OBJ
and STL file import features
give designers the ability to import a vast amount of 3D content that is generated by many other 3D modeling and rapid prototyping applications.
- 3D-PDF Export
- Share your designs across platforms and devices using 3D PDFs, enhancing PDF-centric workflows with applications like Bluebeam
- Database and Worksheet Improvements
- Improved ODBC for IFC - Advanced data exchange workflows will more easily take advantage of ODBC
connectivity to IFC and COBie data in
building information models.
- BIM Worksheet Functions - Worksheets gain greater BIM functionality, giving users more options to
schedule and edit the various information-rich aspects of their designs.
- New Worksheet Formulas to Run Scripts - With Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, database worksheet rows allow those familiar with scripting to create custom worksheet
- Direct Editing for Worksheet Cells - Now you can double-click any cell in a worksheet and type what you want.
- DXF/DWG Improvements
- Vectorworks provides quality, multi-version support for AutoCAD files through our DXF/DWG translator. This year, we've further improved the
quality of file translation with:
- Improved DXF/DWG export of classes from design layer viewports - Your design partners will appreciate DXF/DWG files with fewer layers, a
result of automatically consolidating duplicate classes across multiple exported viewports.
- Improved DXF/DWG export of sheet layer viewports - You will enjoy a seamless experience, sending your drawing set to your collaborators
sheet layers now exporting only those classes that are visible in the viewports or are used on the exported sheet layer.
- Mapping of Vectorworks classes/layers to DXF/DWG layers - You can maintain your own Vectorworks class names and provide DXF/DWG files with layer
names based on your collaborators' standards.
- Improved User Experience
- NEW MIGRATION MANAGER - In Vectorworks Spotlight 2018, upgrading your software is much simpler. The new Migration Manager command imports your workspaces,
preferences, templates, favorites, and library content from previous versions into the latest release.
- MAC OS X PALETTE DOCKING - The new palette docking capability is a wonderful addition to the Mac user's experience with Vectorworks software.
Palettes can now be easily grouped, modified, and docked to the application window.
- IMPROVED CONTENT INSTALLATION MANAGER - Content installation is cleaner, making it easier to identify the libraries you want to install.
Plus, Vectorworks added over 150 new content libraries, giving you more options than ever to create inspirational designs.
- NEW VECTORWORKS INSTALLATION SYSTEM - For existing users, we've streamlined the upgrade process and integrated a native installer for your
operating system to have you designing in Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 quickly.
- IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION DISPLAYS ON WINDOWS - Windows users will be able to view their projects with enhanced quality on
- EYEDROPPER AND SELECT SIMILAR TOOL ARCHITECTURAL ATTRIBUTES AND DIMENSIONS - The Eyedropper and Select Similar tools are going to turbo-
boost your productivity with the new ability to work with walls, slabs, and roofs.
- AUTO-SCALING VIEWPORT MARKERS - Markers maintain relative size as the viewport scale is changed, providing consistent marker sizes on your
- REPLACE DELETED RESOURCES - Streamlined document resource replacement allows you to choose a replacement when deleting an existing
- IMPROVED RESOURCE THUMBNAIL LIST - Easily access your favorite and most used symbols through the symbol insertion toolbar.
- Increased Flexibility for Vectorworks Spotlight 2018
- Organize focus points, enjoy optional default classes of Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 objects to control visibility and appearance, and customize your
inventories and label legends with a number of usability enhancements that will simplify your Vectorworks Spotlight 2018 workflow.
- Subdivisions Surfaces
- Transform rigid lines and primitive shapes into smooth, malleable surfaces to create sculpted objects, multi- dimensional scenery, unique
focal pieces, water features, forced perspective, and more with subdivision modeling. This technique, based on Pixar Animation Studios' OpenSubdiv
library, opens new workflow avenues across the AEC, entertainment, landscape, and other design industries. Get ready to create any form imaginable and
design beyond the limits of traditional CAD software.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions