Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 From older versions is a new data translation product which translates STEP, IGES, ACIS SAT, and Rhino files directly into Autodesk Maya or Autodesk Studio Tools for rendering and animation. This product translates the native NURBS surface and solids data into Maya or Autodesk Studio Tools in a precise NURBS representation, avoiding the loss of accuracy which normally results from translating the polygonal representation.
Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 gives you the power to import IGES, STEP, SAT, Rhino models directly into Maya. Forget the Poly translated mesh importers of the past. nPower's advanced Maya Geometry pipeline supports the original CAD model's precision NURBS-based surface and solids geometry and topology allowing you to re-tessellate your mesh to whatever resolution you want on the fly. Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 is better than the existing importers to Maya, allowing you to import larger models, with the surfaces sewn together when imported (instead of having multiple separate surfaces).
Key Features and Benefits
- Improved Translation Speed
Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 next generation geometry data conversion is specially designed to expedite the import processes of large CAD Models.
- Resolution Independent Mesh
- Imported NURBS objects are procedural allowing you the freedom to increase or decrease the Veiwport Mesh or Render Mesh polygon count as needed.
- Precise nPower NURBS Representation
Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 imports precise geometric NURBS data for trimmed surfaces, solids models and assemblies from IGES, STEP, SAT, and Rhino formats.
- Improved Memory Management
- With intelligent assembly and part instancing technology, the memory overhead of complex CAD data sets is drastically reduced, meaning you won't run out of memory when using Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10
- NURBS Surface Edge Welding
Upgrade to Power Translators for Maya 10 automatically detects adjoining NURBS surfaces and welds/sews them during the translation process producing single multi-surface crack free models with lower polygon counts. This means you won't have to deal with a NURBS model made up of hundreds or even thousands of individual NURBS surfaces.