With comprehensive libraries of standards-based parts, and tools for automating common design tasks, AutoCAD Mechanical Subscription Renewal software accelerates the mechanical design process. AutoCAD Mechanical provides innovative design and drafting tools that are wholly focused on ease of use for the AutoCAD user. Keeping the AutoCAD user experience intact enables designers to maintain their existing work-flows while adopting the enhanced functionality of AutoCAD Mechanical at their own pace. Designers gain a competitive edge by saving countless hours of design and rework, so they can spend time innovating rather than managing work-flow issues.
- Maximize Your Productivity
- Creating mechanical designs often requires spending valuable time on manual workarounds to get the job done. Since AutoCAD Mechanical provides a simplified drafting environment for manufacturing and automates many manual tasks, it improves the design experience and offers immediate efficiency gains. AutoCAD Mechanical delivers high-impact productivity tools to AutoCAD users who are performing updates and iterative design changes, reducing the amount of rework associated with these tasks. In addition, powerful dimensioning tools make adding, deleting, and editing dimensions fast and easy. Built to save you time, AutoCAD Mechanical has a specific tool for almost every aspect of the mechanical drafting process.
- Reduce Errors and Inconsistencies
- When creating mechanical drawings, designers can sometimes inadvertently introduce errors and design inconsistencies, wasting time and money. AutoCAD Mechanical includes libraries of more than 700,000 standard parts and supports international drafting standards, enabling users to consistently meet design requirements in the global marketplace. AutoCAD Mechanical also enables detailers to document native Autodesk Inventor models in the familiar AutoCAD drafting environment. This associative workflow automatically synchronizes drawings with the 3D model, which reduces errors and inconsistencies and saves hours of rework. Clear and consistent communication in the design and documentation process helps team members avoid delays and errors on the shop floor, so your company can stay ahead of the competition.
- Manage Design Data More Effectively
- Once a design is complete, it is important to share accurate design and part information with the teams responsible for ordering and manufacturing the product. Using software that is not purpose-built for these tasks often means creating crucial parts lists and BOMs by hand. With manual methods, even the smallest design change can introduce errors, resulting in delivery delays to the customer. To help your company prevent errors and costly delays, AutoCAD Mechanical is tightly integrated with Autodesk Data Management applications, enabling the efficient and secure exchange of design data and promoting earlier collaboration between design and manufacturing workgroups. Different workgroups can manage and track all components of a digital prototype with free Autodesk Design Review software—the all-digital way to review, measure, mark up and track changes to designs—allowing for better reuse of crucial design data, management of BOMs, and collaboration with other teams and partners.