Begin your journey into the world of 3D graphics and animation
Building on its foundation at the core of many modern production pipelines, Maya 2018 Subscription
software offers next-generation display technology, accelerated
modeling workflows, robust new systems for handling complex data, and inspiring new creative toolsets to help content creators stay ahead of
With an expanded, integrated modeling feature set that helps increase modeling efficiency; an intuitive new Grease Pencil for blocking out and
marking up animation; and innovative new Paint Effects surface and volume attributes, Maya 2018
helps both improve productivity and put creativity back at
the artists' fingertips. Moreover, the Maya 2018 DirectX
Shader, together with enhancements to Viewport 2.0, enable artists to work in a high-quality
real-time environment that closely matches final output. And, with the Scene Assembly tools, File Path Editor, and URI support that make building and
managing large and complex worlds easier, Maya 2018
helps artists, TDs, and developers create the stunning content they need to exceed the expectations
of today's sophisticated audiences.
- UV editor workflow, look, and feel - The UV Editor interface has been overhauled, and includes a new UV Toolkit with better tools and functionality.
- Clump modifier for interactive grooming - Generate realistic clumping effects in hair and fur for more natural-looking hair.
- After Effects live link - Create a live link between Maya and Adobe After Effects to make real-time changes and view scenes simultaneously.
- Additional MASH nodes - The MASH toolset gives you new nodes (curve, signal, world, placer, and more), as well as updates to existing nodes.
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Type - Create branding, flying logos, title sequences, and other projects that require text.
- Improved vector graphics workflow - Import or copy and paste SVG files into Maya.
- Motion Graphics toolset - Quickly create complex procedural effects and animations with instanced objects.
- 3D Animation
- Parallel rig evaluation - New system speeds rig playback and manipulation.
- Geodesic voxel binding - Produce high-quality, production-ready bound characters in less time.
- General animation tools - Toolset for keyframe, procedural, and scripted animation.
- Time Editor - Make high-level animation edits with a nondestructive, clip-based, nonlinear editor.
- Shape authoring workflow - Fine-tune your characters and animation more quickly and easily.
- Animation performance - Speed enhancements make your scenes even faster.
- 3D Modeling
- Symmetry modeling - Mirror enhancements and tool symmetry improvements make symmetrical modeling easier.
- Revamped sculpting toolset - Sculpt and shape models more artistically and intuitively.
- Polygon modeling - Efficient library enables faster, more consistent Boolean operations on polygon geometry.
- OpenSubdiv support - Accelerate performance with interactive workflows.
- Dynamics and Effects
- Deep adaptive fluid simulation - Simulate high-level details just where you need them with the new adaptive solver for Bifrost liquids.
- Faster, easier-to-use XGen - Updated workflow, presets, sculpting, and preview.
- Adaptive aero solver in Bifrost - Create atmospheric effects such as smoke and mist.
- Bifrost procedural effects platform - Simulate and render photorealistic liquids.
- Bullet Physics - Create realistic rigid and soft-body simulations.
- Maya nCloth - Create realistic deformable materials.
- Interactive hair grooming (XGen) - Intuitive brush-based grooming tools give you greater control and accuracy for styling and posing hair and fur.
- Bifrost Ocean Simulation System - Create realistic ocean surfaces with waves, ripples, and wakes.
- 3D Rendering and Shading
- Additional look development shading nodes - Shade complex scenes more easily.
- Enhanced look development workflow - Sculpt and shape models more artistically and intuitively.
- Color management - Efficient library enables faster, more consistent Boolean operations on polygon geometry.
- Next-gen Viewport display and shading - Work in a higher-fidelity, high-performance interactive environment to edit assets and images in less time.
- Arnold integrated with Maya - Use Arnold RenderView to view scene changes in real time, including lighting, materials, and camera.
- Render setup - Quickly render and manage complex scenes. Generate templates for the setup of a shot for easy reuse.
- Pipeline Integration
- Scripting and API - Create Maya scripts and write plug-ins in Maya Embedded Language (MEL) or Python scripting language.
- Data and scene management tools - Manage large data sets and heavy scenes with specialized tools and workflows.
- Scene Assembly tools for smarter data - Create large, complex worlds more easily, and manage production assets as discrete elements.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare May versions
|Game Modeling||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Mesh creation tools|
|Polygon/mesh refinement tools|
|Brush-based surface manipulation|
|Sculpt geometry tool|
|Polygon reduction tool|
|True soft selection|
|Edge and ring loops display and editing|
|Streamlined texturing workflow|
|Multiple UV set support|
|Per-instance UV sets|
|Multiple-editing modeling toolkit|
|Topology-based symmetry tools|
|Quad draw tool|
|Material||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|ShaderFX graph-based real-time shader editor|
|HLSL and CgFX support|
|Turtle texture baking|
|3D paint tool (texture)|
|PSD file support|
|HyperShade and visor tools|
|Phong and hardware shaders|
|Advanced software shaders|
|Basic 2D and 3D procedural textures|
|Advanced 2D and 3D procedural textures|
|Substance procedural textures|
|Maya paint effects|
|Game Animation||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Graph and dope sheet editors|
|Editable motion trails|
|Trax nonlinear animation editor|
|Live animation retargeting|
|ATOM animation file save and load|
|Autodesk HumanIK full-body IK animation system|
|Set driven key tool|
|Spline IK, spring IK|
|Maya muscle deformation system|
|Complete set of geometry deformers|
|Subset of geometry deformers|
|Substitute geometry tool for skin|
|Heat map skinning|
|Paint skin weights|
|Create centered joints/joint chains|
|Game Pipeline and Workflow||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Microsoft DirectX 11 enabled viewport|
|MEL and Python scripting|
|Write custom plugins with SDK|
|File interaction with Adobe Illustrator|
|Read/write Alembic framework format|
|Scene assembly tools for smarter data|
|File path editor for fixing broken file paths|
|Export assets up to 25,000 polygons with FBX technology|
|Save work-in-progress to Maya LT format|
|Dynamics and Effects||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Dynamics and effects features|
|Rendering & Compositing||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Advanced software shaders|
|Maya LT||Maya Full||
Available in USA only
MPN: 657J1-WW8200-T572-VC |657J1-WW4761-T634-VC