RailClone 4 is the world's most powerful artist-friendly parametric modelling plugin for 3ds Max. Its unique array-based approach to asset creation is fast, efficient, and easy-to-learn. RailClone 4 is unlike other parametric tool. Create objects by distributing and manipulating geometry created using standard modelling techniques - if you can model in 3ds Max, you can create procedural objects with RailClone 4.
Use the convenient node-based editor to create rules that combine, sequence, transform, deform, slice, bevel, and distribute instanced geometry or proxies. Create variation by randomising objects, UV mapping, and material IDs. Render huge objects made from thousands of highly detailed parts using native geometry shaders.
With RailClone 4, creating sophisticated models has never been simpler.
Use Object Materials
- Use the materials applied directly to the source geometry. No more manually creating complex multi-sub object materials, great when using RailClone as a layout tool or with stock models.
- Spline Modifier
- Precisely place geometry on paths by adding markers with the new Spline Modifier. Each marker can contain rich information that can be used to control nearly any parameters of a graph.
- Nested Generators
- Dramatically simplify graphs by nesting one generator as a segment inside another, while opening up exciting new possibilities for what's possible with RailClone!
- Automatic Capping
- Automatically cap clipped objects to make it easier than ever to create a seamless object. Capped faces are UVed using real world mapping coordinates so you can easily apply materials to the new geometry.
- New Group Mode
- Ever wished the compose operator behaves more like 3ds Max's Groups? Well now it does. The Compose operator's output is now calculated as a single object with a bounding box that encompasses its entire size.
- Viewport Instancing
- RailClone already has unparalleled instancing power at render time, but it's now possible to enable viewport instancing to preview hundreds of millions of polygons directly in the 3ds Max viewport.
- Faster and more optimized
- RailClone 4 introduces huge improvements in instancing efficiency when using shared segments or linked styles by including a global cache for all RC objects in the scene.
- Improved stability in IPR renders
- Using RailClone while in IPR rendering mode gets a significant stability improvement making it easier than ever to visualize how your styles will look in the final image.
- Updated Selector Operator and new expressions
- To take full advantage of the RailClone Spline features, the Selector operator has several new modes. Expressions have been updated to support markers too, along with the ability to access data from nested generators!
- More Logical Transform nodes
- In previous version of RailClone the order of transform nodes had no effect, in RailClone 4 we've made this much more intuitive so that the order of Transform nodes is now taken into consideration when applying a rotation, translation, or scale operation.
- Statistics Window
- Look under the hood of your RailClone style with the new Statistics Windows to help make change to optimize performance or debug complex objects.
- Improved usability
- The style editor gains several usability improvements including the ability to insert a node on a wire, automatic rewiring on deletion, grid view and snap, the ability to select and delete unused nodes and much more.
- With RailClone 4 there are no limits on your creativity. Unlike other scripts and plugins that are designed for a single type of model, in RailClone you can create almost any parametric object.
- Easy to Use
RailClone 4 uses an easy-to-understand graphical Style Editor to create sophisticated structures. Unlike other procedural tools, absolutely no programming knowledge is necessary.
RailClone 4 is fully multi-threaded and highly optimized for speed. This, coupled with the Points-cloud display mode, and native geometry shaders means that you can create and render huge parametric obje cts, made from thousands of highly detailed parts.
RailClone 4 transforms, slices and deforms geometry to create a seamless object. Just set the construction rules, and all the necessary deformations are applied automatically, even on curved paths.
- Let RailClone 4 do the thinking for you with advanced algorithms to deform geometry to follow sloping paths and surfaces. Inclined and uneven walls, stairs, handrails and balustrades and stepped fences are no longer a chore to create in 3ds Max.
- Ready to go
RailClone 4 comes with over 350 predefined styles, including Fences, Railings, Barriers, Traffic, Walls, and much more. The library browser is fully customizable, allowing you to add new categories and models with a single click and share them with your colleagues.
Latest RailClone Webinar from Novedge
Novedge Webinar #302: Parametric modelling made easy