3D modeling and animation tool for indie and mobile game development.Maya LT Subscription Renewal
is a 3D modeling and animation tool designed for indie and mobile game development. Based on Maya
software, Maya LT
offers users a familiar UI and workflow at an affordable price.
- 3D Modeling, UVs, and Textures
- 3D modeling tools - Sophisticated 3D modeling tools help you create realistic-looking characters, props, and environments.
- Built-in sculpting tools - Brush-based sculpting tools let artists perform high-level sculpting on their models without having to export to a different tool.
- Revamped UV editor - The UV toolkit offers artist-friendly tools and functionality for quicker UV creation and editing.
- Shaders and materials - Create high-quality materials with intuitive tools, or work with Allegorithmic Substance materials directly in the software.
- LOD tools for game model efficiency - Optimize content for mobile devices with polygon reduction, data cleanup, blind data tagging, and level-of-detail tools.
- Physically based shader materials - Use ShaderFX to create high-quality physically based shader materials within Maya LT.
- Lighting and texture baking - Simulate realistic game lighting. Use global illumination tools to bake lighting data into texture maps or vertex maps.
- Modeling improvements - Quad draw, multicut, bevel, and symmetry enhancements make modeling more efficient.
- 3D Animation and Rigging
- 3D animation tools - Animate and rig characters and objects for your game.
- Rigging tools - Build a control structure for your characters with automated rigging tools.
- Time editor - This nondestructive, clip-based nonlinear editor features an intuitive and familiar user interface for working with scene objects.
- Shape editor - The shape authoring tools give you more control to create, tweak, and correct animations in a detailed way.
- Graph editor - Edit animation keys using a powerful, intuitive editor.
- HumanIK-based Quick Rig tool - Automatically generate and place HumanIK rigs.
- Geodesic voxel binding - Bind modeled geometry to skeletons faster, often with just a few clicks.
- Bake Deformer tool - Bake complex rigs, containing multiple layers of skinning and deformers, down to a single skin cluster.
- Indie Game Workflows
- Game engine workflows - Export directly to Unity and Unreal with custom export tools. Or, use the game exporter to get your 3D content into your engine of choice.
- Get Stingray - Access the Stingray engine with a Maya LT subscription. Available for Windows only.
- MEL scripting - Simplify and customize your workflow with MEL scripting.
- Send to Unity or Unreal - Maya LT includes direct export options for Unity and Unreal.
- Game Exporter tool - Customize and save export settings for model and animation data to keep 3D assets consistent for use in-engine.
- Workspaces - Quickly switch between customized UI layouts or task-specific UI presets through a simple drop-down menu.
- Send to Mudbox - Export geometry to Mudbox digital painting and sculpting software to add detail to the model. Texture and detail maps can be sent back to the model in Maya LT.
- Creative Market integration - Search, browse, and buy 3D content on the Creative Market directly from Maya LT.
- Viewport improvements - The viewport now supports displacement mapping and offers improved transparency, better shadow and shading support, and more.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare May versions
|Game Modeling||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Mesh creation tools|
|Polygon/mesh refinement tools|
|Brush-based surface manipulation|
|Sculpt geometry tool|
|Polygon reduction tool|
|True soft selection|
|Edge and ring loops display and editing|
|Streamlined texturing workflow|
|Multiple UV set support|
|Per-instance UV sets|
|Multiple-editing modeling toolkit|
|Topology-based symmetry tools|
|Quad draw tool|
|Material||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|ShaderFX graph-based real-time shader editor|
|HLSL and CgFX support|
|Turtle texture baking|
|3D paint tool (texture)|
|PSD file support|
|HyperShade and visor tools|
|Phong and hardware shaders|
|Advanced software shaders|
|Basic 2D and 3D procedural textures|
|Advanced 2D and 3D procedural textures|
|Substance procedural textures|
|Maya paint effects|
|Game Animation||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Graph and dope sheet editors|
|Editable motion trails|
|Trax nonlinear animation editor|
|Live animation retargeting|
|ATOM animation file save and load|
|Autodesk HumanIK full-body IK animation system|
|Set driven key tool|
|Spline IK, spring IK|
|Maya muscle deformation system|
|Complete set of geometry deformers|
|Subset of geometry deformers|
|Substitute geometry tool for skin|
|Heat map skinning|
|Paint skin weights|
|Create centered joints/joint chains|
|Game Pipeline and Workflow||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Microsoft DirectX 11 enabled viewport|
|MEL and Python scripting|
|Write custom plugins with SDK|
|File interaction with Adobe Illustrator|
|Read/write Alembic framework format|
|Scene assembly tools for smarter data|
|File path editor for fixing broken file paths|
|Export assets up to 25,000 polygons with FBX technology|
|Save work-in-progress to Maya LT format|
|Dynamics and Effects||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Dynamics and effects features|
|Rendering & Compositing||Maya LT||Maya Full|
|Advanced software shaders|
|Maya LT||Maya Full||
Available in USA only