ZBrush 4R8 for Mac
Requires minimum 5 seatsZBrush 4R8 for Mac Volume License (5+ seats)
continues the tradition of creating digital sculpting tools that enable an artist to design with immediate response, even with digital
sculptures that have vast amounts of detail. The list of new features in ZBrush 4R8 for Mac
expand upon the digital sculpting workflow within ZBrush. Many new
features will provide increased freedom while designing, foremost of which are Live Boolean and Vector Displacement Mesh. ZBrush 4R8 for Mac
language support, as well as many other enhancements such as a new transformation tool, the Gizmo 3D and a new text generator that will allow the
artist to create text and logos with real-time adjustments. And these are only the beginning!
ZBrush 4R8 for Mac
is the 3D industry's standard digital sculpting application. Use customizable brushes to shape, texture, and paint virtual clay, while getting
instant feedback. Work with the same tools used by film studios, game developers and artists the world over.
Dynamesh is ZBrush's digital clay. It rebuilds the topology of your model as you sculpt, creating a smooth, even surface for you to add fine
details. Step between different resolutions of your model, and changes on any level will be applied to each one. This enables you to create complex
models, but still be able to make big changes when you need to.
If you're a concept artist or illustrator, you'll find that ZBrush bridges the gap between 2D and 3D. Compose 2D images where you can make real-time
changes, while maintaining accurate lighting and depth. Paint models with pixel-by-pixel control using customizable brushes. Use GoZ to create
complex textures in PhotoShop
and see them applied to your scene as you work.
These are just a few of the unique and powerful features you'll love about ZBrush.
Features in ZBrush
- Live Bolean
- For all their power, Boolean systems have historically required a lot of trial and error before finally getting a satisfying result.
With Live Boolean, artists gain the ability to combine multiple sculptures together and see in real-time what the resulting mesh will look
like. Any model can be subtracted from another, regardless of their polygon counts. You can even use Live Boolean with the existing instancing
systems in ZBrush such as NanoMesh and ArrayMesh. While Live Boolean is active, you can even sculpt on your models while previewing
the Boolean results. All of these options can be combined together to provide new sculpting workflows that are unique to ZBrush.
- Real Time Preview
- Live Boolean is also excellent for creating hard surface models. Live Boolean makes it possible for you to preview any addition and
subtraction operations between your source models, allowing adjustments to be made on the fly.
There is no guesswork, since you are able to dynamically see the end result before committing to the operation. You can adjust any part on a mesh
and see it instantly impact the model. It's 100% interactive, non-destructive and works with any sculpt.
- Using Live Bolean For 3DPrinting
- Live Boolean is perfect for creating models for manufacturing, toy design, product design, collectibles, and more. Use any sculpt to
create articulated joints, keys for 3D printing, hollowing, or even to create molds for production.
- Converting Your Live Boleans
- The Live Boolean function is not only a preview system inside ZBrush but can also be converted to true geometry to allow export for use
in other applications.
When it comes time to finalize a Live Boolean creation, simply click a single button and the Live Boolean process will be converted to geometry. The
structure of your models will change as little as possible, with topology changes only taking place where the source models connect to each other.
Even with models that are comprised of several million polygons, the result can be generated in just a few seconds.
- Vector Displacement Mesh Features
- Expand your Alpha arsenal with a new library of Vector Displacement Meshes (VDM). These are 3D sculpts used as brush building blocks
that will allow undercutting when drawing on a model's surface. As an example, you can draw a nose complete with nostrils in a single brush stroke.
Or an ear with complete front and back sides. Or a bent finger, scales with a raised angle or even an open mouth. All of this without lost depth or
Vector Displacement Mesh creates real overhangs as you sculpt. Push the details of your model with precise placement on sculpts with millions of
- GIZMO 3D
- The Gizmo 3D provides the artist with a new, simple UI element that will allow sculpts to be manipulated and transformed with precise
control. Gizmo 3D can be easily placed at any location or orientation to perform accurate transformations. You can instantly change the pivot point
for Move, Scale, or Rotation. There are options to rotate relative to the surface normal or world axis and much more.
- Transform Multiple Subtools At Once
- The new Gizmo 3D transformation tool will allow multi-selection and manipulation of SubTools. Select as many SubTools as you want, then
move, scale, and/or rotate them as a unit. This makes it even easier to pose hard surface models!
- ZBrush4R8 takes making large, broad adjustments to any sculpt easy with the new deformation modifiers. Bend text around a curved surface
with the classic Bend on Curve modifier. Twist a sculpt along any axis. Use the Free Form Deformation box (FFD) to completely adjust the silhouette
for any model. Also included are the unique, powerful deformers like Extender and Multi-Slice.
- Interactive Primitives
- Design rapidly with simple geometric shapes. Artists can freely adjust the geometry that defines the shape, even after the shape has
been applied to the surface. Convert a smooth cylinder to an octagon, adjust a sphere to have flat poles or change a cone into a pyramid - all in
real-time. Using this system, a few primitives can be turned into a whole library of sculptable shapes.
- Alpha 3D
- Convert any sculpture or shape into a 2D alpha with the click of a button. Once the shape or sculpture has been captured, you can
reposition, adjust, or even rotate the alpha to any axis. It's a fast and interactive way to create uniquely different alphas for surface
- Multi Vector Displacement Mesh
- Similar to the Insert Multi Mesh (IMM) brushes, the new Multi Vector Displacement Mesh system allows you to build custom brushes with a
variety of vector displacement meshes and switch between them on the fly.
Not only can a brush chisel into the surface to create overhangs, complex objects can be drawn - complete with back surfaces - in a single brush
stroke. Imagine being able to texture a dragon with overlapping scales, or draw a fully formed ear without needing to re-sculpt it for every model.
- Lazy Mouse 2.0 With Continuous Stroke
- Our Lazy Mouse system was designed to draw with smooth, precisely controlled strokes. Now an artist can guide any stroke's angle and
length before applying the result to the surface. You can even keep a stroke on a consistent elevation level with no buildup when the stroke path
crosses back over itself.
Ever want to apply a pattern continuously around a sculpt without any break in the design? The new LazySnap addition to Lazy Mouse makes it possible
to start a stroke, stop to rotate the model, then continue the brush stroke from where you left off without breaking any pattern associated with the
- IMM Selector: Brush Content Management
- It is now even easier to select any mesh that is saved with your Insert Mesh brushes and Multi Vector Displacement Mesh brushes thanks
to a new browser. Appearing along the top of the interface, this selector provides smooth cycling between meshes. With a quick swipe to the left or
right, this system allows an artist to swap out any inserted mesh with another in real-time.
If you're someone who enjoys creating brushes you can now copy, paste, and delete the contents from one brush into another.
- 3D Text & Vector Shape Creator
- ZBrush 4R8 comes with a complete generator for creating 3D text in real-time. This makes it possible to create individual words or small
phrase in 3D. You can also use an SVG file to create your own custom logo for placement on any surface.
Combined with the new Live Boolean system, this 3D text creator is an easy way to engrave or emboss your surfaces with text. Thanks to the new
deformers you also have powerful ways to adjust the text or even change the silhouette of your logo.
- Multiple Langage Support
- ZBrush 4R8 is now available in several languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. You can
switch from one language to another at any time. Beyond the officially supported languages, it is even possible to create your own custom
translation which can be shared with others.
- New Lightbox With 3D Content
- LightBox now gives an artist the capability to cycle through the files worked on in previous ZBrush sessions. Also added is the Go To
Folder option: a one-click solution to navigate your file system directly within Lightbox.
ZBrush 4R8 comes with new startup projects and materials, originally created for ZBrushCore.
These new projects include:
Several new Brushes and Materials have also been added that are excellent to use with the other new features.
- Jewelry rings and pendants
- New base meshes of quadrupeds
- Assets for 3D Printing that any artist can begin from and sculpt into something with greater detail
- Updater User Interface
- Unicode text is now fully supported, letting you use non-English characters for your names. This also means that scaling the UI will now
also scale the text size, which is especially beneficial for today's high resolution displays.
- ZSphere Dynamesh Mode
- Creating a base mesh with ZSpheres has become even more streamlined for sculpting. In ZBrush 4R8, creating a polymesh from ZSpheres will
now default to using our popular DynaMesh system with equally distributed polygons easy sculpting. Generate a quick base mesh with ZSpheres and
continue to push or pull the surface without having to worry about technical barriers and stretched polygons. Of course, if you prefer the original
Adaptive Skin system for a specific model it can still be used.
- Alpha Streaks
- Give any existing alpha a new look with the Alpha Streak mode. By applying random streaks to the alpha an artist can create a unique
brush stroke that is similar in effect to motion blur. Alpha Streaks also gives any alpha that perfect "paintbrush" feel.
- Brush Magnify
- Adjust any alpha's magnification with the pressure of your pen. Keep a constant alpha pattern with a light touch, but then add
magnification to the alpha with stronger pressure. The reverse is also possible. This functionality allows you to create one alpha and vary the
pattern along a surface with pen pressure, alone.
- Plug-in Updates
- 3D Print Exporter has been replaced with the new 3D Print Hub plug-in. This plug-in now gives any 3D printing enthusiast the capability
to save and share those perfect export settings, or even export to FormLabs PreForm software with a single click. When updating export size, make
sure it's just right with a new Dimension Check window.
The new Scale Master has also been added, making it easy for setting ZBrush to use real world measurements of CM, MM, Inches or Feet. It can also
resize an entire sculpt with a simple click, including all SubTools.
Enhance your BPR render passes with the new ZBrush to Photoshop CC Plugin. This plug-in gives you freedom to select various render passes and
several material options that will be exported into Photoshop CC as individual layers.
These are all automatically included with the default ZBrush 4R8 installation.
- Zbrush To Sculpteo
- It has never been easier to 3D print your models! With the new ZBrush to Sculpteo plugin from Pixologic, you can send your models
directly to Sculpteo with the click of a button. PolyPaint can be included as a vertex color, if desired. The plugin also supports multiple Sculpteo
accounts and anonymous uploads.
- GOZ Updates
- GoZ has been updated to support the most recent versions of Modo and Maya
Many additions have also be made to GoZ for Maya. Pixologic will continue to provide any updates or support to GoZ for Maya.
- Maya 2015, 2016, 2016.5 and 2017
- Modo 10 and 11 (Supported by The Foundry)
- 3DSMAX 2015, 2016, and 2017
- CINEMA4D R15, R16 and R17
- ZBrush Polypaint can be sent to Maya.
- All polygroups will be maintained as Maya selection sets. Any selection set created in Maya will be converted to a Polygroup in
- Not only will texture files be sent from ZBrush but texture files in Maya can be sent back to ZBrush.
- Increase speed up to 10x faster on heavy meshes.
- Maya NGons correctly tessellated and exported into ZBrush
- GoZ Maya will no longer default to Mental Ray renderer.
- GoZ is now a Maya C++ plug-in.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought